Options

Anyone else rather insulted by this? What a bloomin' cheek!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Satchmo wrote: »
    I'd never be so bold as to suggest you were

I didn't mean you personally there, I meant the article's author.
    and yes, to a degree the article was a rather vague generalisation but you can't argue with the fact (as witnessed here) that the men have indeed been a big hit with the ladies and moreso than previous series. That alone must tell you that there's some modicum of truth in what the writer said however much you don't want to accept it.

Nonsense.

:D

Okay, seriously now... there's SOME truth in it, certainly, I'm not arguing that there aren't women who have done this. I'm sure loads find the candidates attractive. I found it rather patronising and shallow for the author (of that article) to imply that this is the main reason that so many more female viewers are watching it though... and as I said, a large proportion of those I have seen mentioning it on message boards are people who have been interested in the show from the start.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    Okay, seriously now... there's SOME truth in it, certainly, I'm not arguing that there aren't women who have done this. I'm sure loads find the candidates attractive. I found it rather patronising and shallow for the author (of that article) to imply that this is the main reason that so many more female viewers are watching it though... and as I said, a large proportion of those I have seen mentioning it on message boards are people who have been interested in the show from the start.

I guess we'll have to declare stalemate then as you plainly have a point that it's only SOME women but I sort of see where the author is coming from based on my readings of this forum this year...and, let's face it it's journalism so you take it at face value.

You may deem it shallow but no more so than the FM's who'll shag whoever based purely on looks. Works both ways:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Satchmo wrote: »
    You may deem it shallow but no more so than the FM's who'll shag whoever based purely on looks. Works both ways:)

Apples and oranges.

Yes, it IS pretty shallow to just bang on about a candidates attractiveness, but many such posts are just throwaway comments by people who've also had in depth discussions/debates/arguments/screeching matches (!) about the candidates performance in the tasks. It seems, to me, to be rather more shallow to assume that that is NOT the case, as the article did.

Agreed on the stalemate front! :D
  • Options
    MJ333MJ333 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is insulting but (as already stated) in many cases true. At work, all I hear is, “I want Alex/Lee to win because he is so fit!” They will be unbearable tomorrow!

I will probably copy and paste this comment into a Big Brother thread at some point. I’m still seething about Anthony (yes, three years ago)!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MJ333 wrote: »
    At work, all I hear is, “I want Alex/Lee to win because he is so fit!” They will be unbearable tomorrow!

My short response to those people would be:
    "YOU'RE FIRED!"

:D Nah, just kidding.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is insulting but (as already stated) in many cases true. At work, all I hear is, “I want Alex/Lee to win because he is so fit!” They will be unbearable tomorrow!

I will probably copy and paste this comment into a Big Brother thread at some point. I’m still seething about Anthony (yes, three years ago)!!:D
    Who is/was Anthony?

Yep Alex is fit - some male counterparts found Lucinda equally so - please post these comments too.;)
  • Options
    VividVivid Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    Ha ha! Nice try, but as you know nothing about me that's a rather daft assumption on your part, yet again. As for Lucinda, you're the one who permanently bangs on about her with obsessive vitriol.

I wasn't for a second suggesting that you were scared of Lucinda - who in their right mind would be scared of her? I was implying that it was that you pretending to BE her on this forum.

Now, go back to playing with your toys, or even better, go back to Yahoo Answers where you'll find plenty of likeminded children.

Oh Gawd, well that suggestion, I suspect, was understood by no one, so like Lucinda your perspective was shared by no one and you were in your own little world.

And I don't see you denying interest in any of the aromatherapy and other fanciful stuff. Conclusions will be drawn.
  • Options
    MJ333MJ333 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Who is/was Anthony?

Haha. Good question.

Sorry I refer to a Big Brother contestant from yesteryear who won on looks and the female vote. Please don't tell me off for this, it's a known fact. I thought it was a relevant reference (even though the Apprentice is not a public vote).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Vivid wrote: »
    Oh Gawd, well that suggestion, I suspect, was understood by no one, so like Lucinda your perspective was shared by no one and you were in your own little world.

And I don't see you denying interest in any of the aromatherapy and other fanciful stuff. Conclusions will be drawn.

That's nice, dear.

Get back under your bridge. You were funny for about half a second but you're just being dull now.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha. Good question.

Sorry I refer to a Big Brother contestant from yesteryear who won on looks and the female vote. Please don't tell me off for this, it's a known fact. I thought it was relevant reference (even though the Apprentice is not a public vote).
    Forgive my ignorance - I've never watched BB - although I do recall a pretty tasty Anthony from my youth.;) Sadly no business acument, non savvy - but lovely eyes.:D