9200 Newbie question

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
Hi all,

I've just picked up a 9200 for my parents and installed it for them today. I have a Telewest TV Drive at home so am used to how PVRs work, however I found the Humax to be extremely clunky.

In particular I found it's handling of recorded programmes to be rather baffling. I hit the record button and recorded a section of a live show. I then went into the recordings menu, selected what I had just recorded and pressed play. It then played back.... but in a tiny window at the top of the screen..!

I couldn't figure out any way to make it full screen. It was only once I had gone back to watching TV and found the tiny 'play list' button was I able to select it again and get it to play back full screen.

Surely I'm missing something here? I had a good read of the manual and came up with nothing there.

Appologies in advance if this is an old question. I did have a hunt through this forum and couldn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Oh and when should I expect a software download for the box? It doesn't have chase play so I assume it needs it's software updating.

Also the Humax initial start up time seems pretty excessive. I thought the TV Drive was a clunker but the Humax is even worse...!

Comments

• Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I've just picked up a 9200 for my parents and installed it for them today. I have a Telewest TV Drive at home so am used to how PVRs work, however I found the Humax to be extremely clunky.
    I think you'll find it all right one you're used to it, with a few niggles remaining.
    In particular I found it's handling of recorded programmes to be rather baffling. I hit the record button and recorded a section of a live show. I then went into the recordings menu, selected what I had just recorded and pressed play. It then played back.... but in a tiny window at the top of the screen..!
    Press Exit for the full screen.
    I couldn't figure out any way to make it full screen. It was only once I had gone back to watching TV and found the tiny 'play list' button was I able to select it again and get it to play back full screen.
    I find this the more useful method in any case.
    Surely I'm missing something here? I had a good read of the manual and came up with nothing there.
    They forgot to mention this in the manual - someone else has posted about this today (in the "Users manual" thread).
    Oh and when should I expect a software download for the box? It doesn't have chase play so I assume it needs it's software updating.
    You need v1.00.06 but you've just missed it. They will probably repeat it soon though: check Engineering Channel Download Schedule . If not, you could download it from the Humax website to a PC any time and transfer via a serial cable.
    Also the Humax initial start up time seems pretty excessive. I thought the TV Drive was a clunker but the Humax is even worse...!
    I find it takes about 20 seconds. There is a new loader which reduces this time a bit, but it is available by website download only.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Fantastic, thanks for all that. I'll give it a go!