Marchlands - New ITV Drama

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Neither do her parents, or her brother, why is this relevant? :confused:

I have no idea - I'm still a bit confused:D But her brother Scott was in the first episode - in the village shop when Nisha went in. So he would know Mark (Nisha's other half) as they were the boys in the bus shelter and Mark was the boy doing the gardening at the deaf girls house, and he signed to her in the village.
  • AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IS Amy the reincarnation of Alice and she died, and then reincarnated again as Nisha's baby?

Oh, hadnt thought of that, very good plot line :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither do her parents, or her brother, why is this relevant? :confused:

Scott is in the 2010 section
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amethyzt wrote: »
    Scott is in the 2010 section

Is he?! LOL! :D:confused:
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm having trouble keeping up with programme AND this thread!

I'm getting more confused by the day :eek:
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he?! LOL! :D:confused:
    Yes he's done a runner from Midsomer:rolleyes:
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I think something must have happened to Amy too, as she doesn't seem to be in the 2010 period (as yet!).

I think she has either died or has been committed to an asylum or something and her parents may be held responsible. I think Eddie says something like it this week 'you do realise that they think we're responsible for all this'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it. That bloody hand made me jump!

Still loving it. Very intense and a bit creepy in places but excellent programme.

I only realised that woman was Amy's mum too when she had the cross.

No It wasn't me!!! It was Alice's mum!!:D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    No It wasn't me!!! It was Alice's mum!!:D

Ooh spooky user name ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking of spooky - My husband is away at the moment and I am home alone. I missed the last episode so watched it on my laptop at 1am in bed, lights off. When the hand came on at the end, I had to have the light on for an hour before I went to sleep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Talking of spooky - My husband is away at the moment and I am home alone. I missed the last episode so watched it on my laptop at 1am in bed, lights off. When the hand came on at the end, I had to have the light on for an hour before I went to sleep.
    Let's give a BIG WHITE hand to Amysmum.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    Let's give a BIG WHITE hand to Amysmum.:p

:p:p:p
  • didiedidie Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think that Elliot Cowan who plays Mark looks like Heath Ledger?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he's done a runner from Midsomer:rolleyes:

LOL, I expect he's working undercover and is going to suddenly out himself as Troy and solve the mystery :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she has either died or has been committed to an asylum or something and her parents may be held responsible.

Yes definately I think Amy has come to some kind of unhappy ending :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Amy, I hope not!
  • CABINETCABINET Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dalreada wrote: »
    And yet the 2010 husband said that, when he was a child, only an old couple lived there. As he was friends with, and is a few years older than, Scott, the 1980's teenager, he is lying to his pregnant wife. Why?

Everybody seems to be suggesting that Mark's comment about the old couple being in the house when he was a child is a lie because Alex Kingston and her family were living there in 1987.

However by then Mark is 17 years old. When he was a "child" it might well have still been Denis Lawson and his wife.
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    CABINET wrote: »
    Everybody seems to be suggesting that Mark's comment about the old couple being in the house when he was a child is a lie because Alex Kingston and her family were living there in 1987.

However by then Mark is 17 years old. When he was a "child" it might well have still been Denis Lawson and his wife.

Yes, but if you've just bought a house, and were discussing the history of the house and its past occupants, why not mention the 80s family that lived there? Especially if he was friendly with one of the children who lived in the house?

I think this omission is what's creating suspicion about his character (rightly or wrongly) at the moment. Especially because we know that his wife knows about the 80s family even though he doesn't know that she knows (if this makes sense :p )

That little conversation between Nisha and Mark is either significant, or a red herring to the audience to keep us wondering about him (I think).
  • tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tessa Peake-Jones has just been on Loose Women

and said
    1. The reason for Grandmothers bitterness becomes apparent in last episode

2. We don't find out what happened to Alice till last episode

and I think she said

3. there is more of a tie between the 3 generations than we think at the moment

I don't think above are spoilers but put it that way so as not to ruin anyyones enjoyment
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im missing Masterchef tonight to watch this because frankly its a lot better :)
  • mpondmpond Posts: 5,072
    Forum Member
    Camino wrote: »
    im missing Masterchef tonight to watch this because frankly its a lot better :)

hi im just wondering if marc is going to be in it again from 1987 or Ryan Prescott of Fylnn from Emmerdale is going ti in it tonight?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    mpond wrote: »
    hi im just wondering if marc is going to be in it again from 1987 or Ryan Prescott of Fylnn from Emmerdale is going ti in it tonight?

Hey Pondeh fancy seeing you here :). Yeah I'm pretty sure he will be in tonight's episode as Marc (1987) as they still have explaining to do with Marc and TheWomanWhoDoesntSpeak (sorry I'm terrible with remembering names :o).

I reckon she's had a troubled life or seen troubling things which is why she doesn't talk much and Marc helps her out and talks/listens to her problems, hence why Present Day Marc was speaking to her in sign language across the road. I think why she choses not to speak might be important. Maybe she knows something - but who is she connected to though?

I still think its one of the grandparents.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really excited about this tonight. I aim to be sat, fed, comfy and with a large glass of wine in my hand.

I with pop over here with interest in the morning and see everyone theories (just as good as the show normally)
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying this show. I was interested in it's development since Fox picked up The Oaks script option for a pilot a few years ago. I think ITV have actually done a very good job on it. You have to follow very closely or there's the chance of getting lost.

I imagine this being one of those shows that would be fantastic to watch all in one go on DVD.

Can't wait to watch it tonight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curlypubes wrote: »
    TheWomanWhoDoesntSpeak (sorry I'm terrible with remembering names :o).

I reckon she's had a troubled life or seen troubling things which is why she doesn't talk much and Marc helps her out and talks/listens to her problems, hence why Present Day Marc was speaking to her in sign language across the road. I think why she choses not to speak might be important. Maybe she knows something - but who is she connected to though?

I still think its one of the grandparents.

Olive is the deaf lady's name ( Ive made a list of them all as keep forgetting :D )

Agree with you re her not speaking, even though she can, I think she saw something when Alice died and she doesnt want to tell anyone, so uses the excuse of not being able to speak.

I also agree, am sure that Robert the grandfather is heavily involved, possibly with Olive's mother Liz - some kind of relationship ( poor man if Im wrong, I keep suggesting this theory ;)

Looking forward to tonight, supposed to get scarier from here on in :eek: