Some sort of immunity power but it seems like he's caught it now
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    What's the betting the case will be empty
  • upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm your new probation worker..."

Dude, there's five words you NEVER want to say.
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    did they mention Kelly at all since Seth's still in it? the Liverpudlian guy is seriously creepy
  • Songbird90Songbird90 Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    So since rudy and seths powers are still the same do you think curtis's power is still bringing dead people back to life?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    did they mention Kelly at all since Seth's still in it? the Liverpudlian guy is seriously creepy

Yep. She's in Africa.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this would be the correct time to use the term 'jump the shark'. Very poor opening episode. Doesn't help that it was quite confusing and difficult to follow unless you were paying 100% attention. Dark, but not in the right way. Just seems like they're doing it for the sake of it; there's no real need for it. Lacking the comedy from the previous series, which I think is what makes it feel this way. Kind of warmed to the new characters, but I still feel Curtis and Rudy are the weakest ones left from the previous series. Saying that, having just watched the preview for next week I can see me going off the new guy straight away. Overall, not really a very good start to the new series, but I will give it a chance, and hopefully it will pick itself up over the coming episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking foward to next weeks, enjoyed it alot more than I thought I would of.
    Forum Member

He said she'd stayed behind in Uganda to diffuse bombs
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, well. D'ya know? I think this'll do.

Roll on next week. :)
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There was a full scene explaining...

She had the 'rocket scientist' power, and is using it to diffuse bombs
    They're still a couple apparently, as Seth referred to her as 'my girlfriend'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Picked up nicely as the show went on. Maybe I was watching a different show but I thought there were enough darkly funny moments. Tough to do what is effectively a reboot with three characters gone but I think they pulled it off (Rudy fnar fnar). Wonder what the story is with the girl tied up.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Seth staying though? He's only meant to be picking up their stuff.

I quite liked it. It's not got the old magic but it's still good. Liked Shaun Dooley as the new probation officer.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    No sharks were jumped, I'm looking forward to next week.
    Forum Member
    I liked it :)
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe people are still going on about Nathan. He's gone. Walked out into obscurity. His loss. Move on.

A bit of a roller coaster ride, this ep. I thought at one stage it was maybe not going to be my thing, but the ending redeemed it. Quite like creepy new guy. Definitely like new girl. Just needs another one as well.

I suspect new probation worker might last a bit longer than they usually do.
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it, I thought Rudy was on form, I laughed at nearly everything he said. It was kind of too dark, but then his little speech when they were burying the briefcase man made up for it. I hope Seth doesn't go back to Africa! I thought that was kind of funny that Kelly is living this Mother Teresa lifestyle over there when she's caused such controversy in her own life.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellys in africa sorting out landmines! Not believable at all.
    This episode was a bit bad,though I will stick with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed this opening episode. Not the best episode, but it was still entertaining.

In my opinion, the current Misfits are looking pretty good. Rudy's a fantastic character who made me laugh several times tonight, Jess already looks like a great character (better than Kelly anyway, whom I never really liked) and it's nice to still have Curtis and Seth within the cast. Finn...is a bit creepy but I guess that's the point of him. I reckon he won't last long and he'll be replaced by the other new character coming into the show.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I liked it. :)
    There were dark moments, but I think that it all got nicely explained with the power of the week - so it will probably be more lighthearted next week.
    Love the female newbie - didn't catch her name... Actually didn't catch either of the newbies names. Like new guys story. Wonder what's occurring there...
    Plus you have to think, that was a big episode to try and do and I think given the circumstances, Overman did pretty well :) roll on next week.
  • brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I do believe we could be getting another female cast member joining the gang, appearing sometime in the series. Natasha O'Keeffe, most likely known for being in Lip Service. Source? Twitter, Google search etc.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ridiculous episode. The writing has been downhill since season 3 but my god, such a poorly written and acted episode. So over the top. As if a couple of chavs wrote this episode. The supernatural element felt totally lost on this episode. I loved how Misfits did drama and comedy combined but this episode was (and i hate this word) CRINGE
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellys in africa sorting out landmines! Not believable at all.
    This episode was a bit bad,though I will stick with it.

You're joking right?
    It's about superpowers!! It's not a documentary!
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it - after forgetting it was on, having to stay up to watch it on +1 and having taking Piriton (allergies) which always makes me super sleepy.

Being tired I found the plot a little difficult but it all came together nicely with Rudy's 'story telling' :D

I honestly think it was better than a lot of Season 3 - I wasn't over keen on the Simon-Alesha stuff and felt some of the writing wasn't up to par (though when they got it right it fabulous) and I'm optimistic for this season & the new recruits. Well.....when I say 'optimistic for the new recruits' you know what I mean......not totally optimistic they'll make it to the end - this is Misfits after all :D

LOVE the new probation officer - and Rudy's line "don't worry about him, he'll probably be gone by wednesday" (or something like that:o )

And I think Curtis has improved at long last!!:D
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I didn't really enjoy the first episode. It seemed all over the place. I love Misfits though will stick with it, hope it improves.