Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Billy Liar 10/10. Blu ray 50th anniversary release.

The Silence - Das letzte Schweigen. 8/10. DVD
    http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie/the-silence.6/

Very good serial killer thriller, very much in the mould of the current crop of European Tv cop/thriller serials.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paranorman - 6.5/10 - another bog standard animation with it's general theme from The Frighteners.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome Abroad 6/10 - Despite being predictable, I still found it very watch-able and heart-warming. Not that I'm going to remember this film in a week's time! :p (Lovefilms in French with English subtitles).
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Hick - Grim and sometimes disturbing tale of a 13 year old girl who flees her alcoholic parents and tries to get to Las Vegas, not an easy watch at times but truly outstanding performances from Chloe Grace Moretz and Eddie Redmayne kept me hooked till the end. 7/10
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloud Atlas - 8/10

Pacific Rim - 6/10
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief - 5.5/10
    It was alright, I will be honest though that I only really watched it to see the gorgeous Logan Lerman,that guy is hot.:o:D
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hick (2011)

I can't understand why this has such low ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb. It's not a great movie, the storyline in far from original and it drags at times, but it's still well worth watching for the performance of Chloe Grace Moretz alone. As others have said, she is sensational. Chloe plays the lead in the remake of Carrie, to be released in November. On the evidence her performance in this, it should be something quite special.

7/10
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    They Live

Hugely entertaining 80s action/50s Sci-Fi hybrid from John Carpenter, back to having low-budget fun after his big studio duties. Lots of affectionate touches from JC, and the hokey, eerie B&W sunglasses 'visions' are a marvel in themselves. Has no-one ever thought of marketing They Live bubble gum btw? 8.5/10

Sinister

Above average horror that tries to do something a bit more with its standard trappings. The mystery element doesn't always work, but there's some good creepy sequences along the way and the classy handling keeps you watching. Still in two minds about that ending though. 7/10

A Serbian Film

The most depraved, disgusting blah blah blah....

Doubtless there's a lot of sincere intent behind this, but it loses points majorly for having its third act presented in largely flashback form. It gives the horrors an almost anecdotal aspect that actually feels more exploitative than if the script had simply thrust relentlessly forward (which would've mirrored its subject, when you think about it). It certainly blunts the more serious elements under discussion. Who would've thought that this most notorious of films biggest crime was copping out? 6/10
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Hostel.

Missed the first 10 minutes, don't know if I missed anything important. Wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I supposed I've been desensitised to gruesome torture scenes through watching 24 and The Sopranos. Still a good idea for a movie - I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of thing went on in real life to some extent - now that is scary. I think the film did a great job of creating a tense and creepy setting, while some of the characters (specifically the businessman, the America member of the Elite Hunting Club and Paxton).

7/10.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Klute - 7.5/10

Cold Mountain - 5/10

Stoker - 4/10

The Iron Lady - 4/10

The Breakfast Club - 2/10
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pacific rim - loved it 8/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They Live

Hugely entertaining 80s action/50s Sci-Fi hybrid from John Carpenter, back to having low-budget fun after his big studio duties. Lots of affectionate touches from JC, and the hokey, eerie B&W sunglasses 'visions' are a marvel in themselves. Has no-one ever thought of marketing They Live bubble gum btw? 8.5/10

I may be well wide of the mark here but isn't Duke Nuke Em a nod to this movie.

"I'm here to kick a55 and chew bubble gum. And I'm all outta gum". :D
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dredd (Recent one) - Quite good but could have done with a bigger budget and more of the city. I quite enjoyed it anyway - didn't require much thinking. 7/10 - 8/10 perhaps

Hellboy II The Golden Army (2004) - It's almost ten yeards old and I only got around to watching it. Anyway I liked it, not bad at all and nice visuals. 8/10

Season Of The Witch (2011?) - Bollocks. Boring as crap with rubbish swordplay. Ron Perlman was ok, Nic Cage was awful as ever. 3/10
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    I Confess (1953) - 7/10
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    MIB3 - I thought Brolin played the part well. I was convinced that the baddie was Hugo Weaving :D

A couple of things in the trivia caught my attention.
    Will Smith reportedly had creative differences with director Barry Sonnenfeld over who would play the Colonel's son. Will suggested that his son Jaden should play the role, but Barry disagreed, giving the role to Cayen Martin instead.
    Good. Jaden Smith would have been way too old for the part and it's good that someone told him no.

Nicole Scherzinger listened to Led Zeppelin to get her in the mood for the role of Lily Poison.
    WTF!?
    Her 'role' consisted of her walking down a smegging corridor! :mad: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Attack The Block - One of the worst films i've seen for sometime. I stuck with it for punishment for drinking too much the night before and still working off a hangover.

The dialogue/dialect in the film was ear bleedingly bad.
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Is The End

Puerile 1/10
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hellboy II The Golden Army (2004) - It's almost ten yeards old and I only got around to watching it. Anyway I liked it, not bad at all and nice visuals. 8/10

i was roaring with laughter at the locker room scene :D

anyway

THE KILLER INSIDE ME - 7/10

not a childrens movie :eek:
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Monsters Univertity 8/10 Very Good, Very Funny.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warm Bodies - 6/10.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pirates ... something with Science - Not the best of the Ardman stuff but not too bad overall.

Johnny English Reborn - Not as slapstick as I thought it was going to be. It could have been better if it went more slapstick or more hot shots/top secret.
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Conversation 1974

This is cinema at it's ingenious best.

10/10
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Amazing Spiderman - 8/10 Excellent
  • Options
    nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    World War Z at cineworld saturday night... a lot better that expected but still a little underwhelming.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before Midnight (2013) 9/10
This discussion has been closed.