R010 software update

Comments

• DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already on .13p If i keep getting errors i'll do a force update again.

It sometimes works as a refresh, but like you say don't bother unless you have more problems. Sky are also planning more bug fixes as far as I know, so you might find a new update comes out soon, that is still R10, but with a new ending.

I hope things settle down for you anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    No, you're misunderstanding me.
    The box shows everything in its correct AR, so all the streams are as they're meant to be, 16:9 SD
    Its only when i exit these services does the box go to 4:3 SD and stays that way with blue screen, info bar and sometimes audio but no TV pictures.

Ah I see, that is odd but I believe more bug fixes are on the way so that might get cleared up,hopefully!

I guess your TV upscales better than the sky box, mine doesn't unfortunately, so if the program is 16:9 on an SD channel then on my tv it looks better upscaled by the sky box, but I agree if your used to it the best why your equipment can handle it, then its not nice to have to do it another way.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Ah I see, that is odd but I believe more bug fixes are on the way so that might get cleared up,hopefully!

I guess your TV upscales better than the sky box, mine doesn't unfortunately, so if the program is 16:9 on an SD channel then on my tv it looks better upscaled by the sky box, but I agree if your used to it the best why your equipment can handle it, then its not nice to have to do it another way.

My TV upscaled better and presents the correct AR too so i prefer that.

Hope there's more fixes because this release is rather buggy and TBH, the beta testers haven't really been paying attention to let this many bugs get through
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    My TV upscaled better and presents the correct AR too so i prefer that.

Hope there's more fixes because this release is rather buggy and TBH, the beta testers haven't really been paying attention to let this many bugs get through

Actually I think the Beta testers have noticed the bugs, but because of the Adsmart updates Sky didnt care and released the software to the public anyway, call it Sky wanting the ad revenue from the advertises, not the the beta testers missing the bugs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Well I had my software update over 3 weeks ago and the only thing I find as a problem is at 10pm at night you can try and record any program on any channel and it will say "Recording failed due to technical error 7" whatever that is. Before 10pm and after 10pm it records fine and this has only happened since the update.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Presumably you've tried rebooting?
    If that makes no difference, try forcing a manual software download.
    :)
    Forum Member
    Yeah I have tried rebooting no joy and if I do a forced update it goes back to the previous update of R09
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lambcheck wrote: »
    Yeah I have tried rebooting no joy and if I do a forced update it goes back to the previous update of R09

It won't go back to R009 as R010 is now on the DR stream for DRX890, 895 & 595 boxes.
    Forum Member
    Well since the software update I cannot put my box into standby at night and when I get up in the morning it is on channel 998 and no recordings. This software update has more bugs then the Amazon rain forest. Getting really fed up with sky.>:(
    Forum Member
    Well I think unless sky sort out the bugs on the R010 software update I will be cancelling with them because what is the point of a Sky+ box that won't record.>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I think unless sky sort out the bugs on the R010 software update I will be cancelling with them because what is the point of a Sky+ box that won't record.>:(

have you tried a planner rebuild or even a system reset? System reset will reformat the hard drive though so if you have recordings that you can still access you may want to watch them first or something like that.
    Forum Member
    Tried all that buttie but no joy. I don't know what to do know. I have box that wont record ever since the update and when I phone sky they state that the update could not possibly cause it. Think I might cancel and go elsewhere,
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,508
    Forum Member
    Tried all that buttie but no joy. I don't know what to do know. I have box that wont record ever since the update and when I phone sky they state that the update could not possibly cause it. Think I might cancel and go elsewhere,

There are many millions of boxes working perfectly fine with the update (including mine :D)

Is your problem just at 10:00PM as you said?, and does it record fine otherwise?.
  • spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Noticed a slight issue since the update, I have 2 boxes in separate bedrooms, identical TV's (Sony 24"EX320) the 'HMDI control' works on the 890-z box, but not on the 890w-c (WiFI built-in) strange, any suggestions please.
    Forum Member
    spearce8 wrote: »
    Noticed a slight issue since the update, I have 2 boxes in separate bedrooms, identical TV's (Sony 24"EX320) the 'HMDI control' works on the 890-z box, but not on the 890w-c (WiFI built-in) strange, any suggestions please.

Have they both received the update?, and is HDMI control turned ON on both the boxes, and also ON on both the TV's?.
  • spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Have they both received the update?, and is HDMI control turned ON on both the boxes, and also ON on both the TV's?.

Both received, and both enabled :) was unaware I'd have to make changes to the TV, anyone know where to look? Do all Sony TV's have a similar set-up?

Thanks

P.S

One thing I've noticed, the box on which it works is using the Sky supplied HDMI cable, but that doesn't matter does it, a cables a cable right?
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both received, and both enabled :) was unaware I'd have to make changes to the TV, anyone know where to look? Do all Sony TV's have a similar set-up?

Thanks

P.S

One thing I've noticed, the box on which it works is using the Sky supplied HDMI cable, but that doesn't matter does it, a cables a cable right?

Not all HDTVs have the CEC function. Search the TV's model number online to see if it's CEC enabled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Noticed a slight issue since the update, I have 2 boxes in separate bedrooms, identical TV's (Sony 24"EX320) the 'HMDI control' works on the 890-z box, but not on the 890w-c (WiFI built-in) strange, any suggestions please

it might be not enabled, I had to. Go into my tv's menu to enable it
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not all HDTVs have the CEC function. Search the TV's model number online to see if it's CEC enabled.

He did state that it was the same model TV in both rooms, so this is irrelevant.
    Forum Member

On an EX310 it's:

Menu (Home)
    Settings
    Set-up
    HDMI Set-up
    Control for HDMI (ON/OFF)

There's also

Auto Devices OFF (ON/OFF)
    Auto TV ON (ON/OFF)

Yes, the Sky lead is a perfectly good (and quite decent quality) lead.
    Forum Member
    There are many millions of boxes working perfectly fine with the update (including mine :D)

Is your problem just at 10:00PM as you said?, and does it record fine otherwise?.
    Yes it records fine during the day up until 10pm and I cannot put it into standby when I go to bed and when I get up it is on channel 998 and recordings have failed due to technical fault.
    Forum Member
    Yes it records fine during the day up until 10pm and I cannot put it into standby when I go to bed and when I get up it is on channel 998 and recordings have failed due to technical fault.

The specific time tends to suggest there's something external happening? - perhaps causing a huge mains spike and crashing the box?, or even the mains dropping out briefly?.
    Forum Member
    The specific time tends to suggest there's something external happening? - perhaps causing a huge mains spike and crashing the box?, or even the mains dropping out briefly?.
    Ok buttie any idea what to do about it.
    Forum Member
    Ok buttie any idea what to do about it.

See if you can find out what's happening around 10:00
    Forum Member
    See if you can find out what's happening around 10:00
    Well went to record Most Haunted on Really last night at 10pm and when I got up at 7am this morning it was still recording it and a film on ITV4 set to record at 11.15 pm did not record because it clashed but there was other recording set for that time, I dont know what to do.