Peter Andre reluctant to marry again?

Comments

• Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    His whole existence is one big self promotion. The cheesemeister general must wake up every day and thank the Gods of rtv that they picked him to go into the jungle and hook up with a fellow desperado otherwise he'd still be dining out on his one song anyone knows from about 50 years ago - oh wait :)

Can ask anyone, how exactly is him selling coffee 'raising awareness'? Apart from this place, I've heard and read literally nothing about him and his foundation but I know a whole lot about other celebs efforts.

I'm as mystified as you are about the awareness raising.
    But he seems to get so many excuses made for his utterly shameless self-promotion and complete laziness that I sometimes wonder if I've actually missed something, and instead of using the excuse that he's helping CRUK to flog his coffee he's working tirelessly to raise money for them and not himself.
    And then I wake up.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man is a manipulative self promoter. The only time he will sign up for anything is when it suits him. I am no Katie Price fan but wasn't it her who wanted to withdraw their children from public life and he said no? I'm aware she went back on it anyway but was that because he refused or because she is just as bad.

I'll admit I used to fall for his charm and mr nice guy act after the divorce but he overplayed his hand and we began to see the full on self promotion he revels in. I'm no longer someone who would ever defend him and one of the reasons being he thinks its ok to use his kids to gain air time and headlines (unless it's his newest child). So I won't be joining the Peter Andre fanbase anytime soon..
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Because before Peter Andre set up his foundation, people were completely unaware of the existence of cancer as a disease that could kill them. The only awareness being raised is Peter Andre raising awareness of Peter Andre.

As for keeping his charitable deeds private, any money funnelled through his foundation will have to be declared and published.

To be fair, all Charities use people with a certain amount of facial recognition to promote their cause. Raising awareness of their particular 'bit' is a big part of what they do - to keep the donations coming in as much as anything and their cause at the forefront of people's donating minds. Most people only have a limited amount they can give, and they do tend to give to causes close to them (I know I do). I imagine most people know about prostate cancer, for example, but Bill Bailey is currently fronting a campaign for them - which was advertised as to raise awareness - and will more than likely attract the floating donator.

Having said that, I cant think of another charity that has the name of the person setting up the charity, not the person it is in memory of? Also most people who set up charity for people close to them tend to be super motivated about fundraising and organising stuff - and it can almost become full time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    To be fair, all Charities use people with a certain amount of facial recognition to promote their cause. Raising awareness of their particular 'bit' is a big part of what they do - to keep the donations coming in as much as anything and their cause at the forefront of people's donating minds. Most people only have a limited amount they can give, and they do tend to give to causes close to them (I know I do). I imagine most people know about prostate cancer, for example, but Bill Bailey is currently fronting a campaign for them - which was advertised as to raise awareness - and will more than likely attract the floating donator.

Having said that, I cant think of another charity that has the name of the person setting up the charity, not the person it is in memory of? Also most people who set up charity for people close to them tend to be super motivated about fundraising and organising stuff - and it can almost become full time.

To be honest, the fact that Peter Andre chose to name his "foundation" after himself rather than his brother - the person whose memory it is supposed to honour - is the thing I find the most infuriating. Weirdly, I find it just as infuriating as Tangoman's laziness and apparent inability to get off his arse and do something for the benefit of someone other than himself.
    Contrast it with the Marie Keating Foundation, set up by Ronan Keating in memory of his mother. Now, generally speaking I think that RK is a twunt of the first order, but as far as his charity goes I can't fault him.
    I would guess that way more people would have heard of Ronan Keating than his mother, so perhaps from a publicity point of view, he could have named the charity after himself. But he didn't. Apparently he managed to differentiate between honouring the memory of his mother and boosting his own bank balance, something which Peter Andre has failed to grasp.

I completely take your point about other celebrities fronting campaigns, but unless Bill Bailey is fronting the Bill Bailey Prostate Cancer and bank balance awareness front, I'm not sure it stands up to scrutiny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, the fact that Peter Andre chose to name his "foundation" after himself rather than his brother - the person whose memory it is supposed to honour - is the thing I find the most infuriating. Weirdly, I find it just as infuriating as Tangoman's laziness and apparent inability to get off his arse and do something for the benefit of someone other than himself.
    Contrast it with the Marie Keating Foundation, set up by Ronan Keating in memory of his mother. Now, generally speaking I think that RK is a twunt of the first order, but as far as his charity goes I can't fault him.
    I would guess that way more people would have heard of Ronan Keating than his mother, so perhaps from a publicity point of view, he could have named the charity after himself. But he didn't. Apparently he managed to differentiate between honouring the memory of his mother and boosting his own bank balance, something which Peter Andre has failed to grasp.

I completely take your point about other celebrities fronting campaigns, but unless Bill Bailey is fronting the Bill Bailey Prostate Cancer and bank balance awareness front, I'm not sure it stands up to scrutiny.

Oh gosh no, I didn't mean anything like that! I was just trying - badly, obviously, to say that most charties use the 'raising awareness' tag line. It doesn't mean that people have never heard of them before and it's stunning new news - I just take it to mean they are jumping up and down to get people to notice and donate to their particular section in the rather crowded giving arena.

I also had Gloria Hunniford in mind - and Lance Armstrong who for his many faults set up an awesome charity - and even he didn't name it directly after himself!
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he launched the foundation he made a big song and dance about 'his' foundation raising £500,000 per year to fund 2 of the roadshow buses - as that was 2 years ago I wonder how much of his target to date of £1 million has actually been raised?

I imagine they haven't come close otherwise there would have been a big fan fare from the Andre camp about how they have reached / exceeded their target. There is never any mention now of how much he hopes to raise each year.
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    hunniebun wrote: »
    When he launched the foundation he made a big song and dance about 'his' foundation raising £500,000 per year to fund 2 of the roadshow buses - as that was 2 years ago I wonder how much of his target to date of £1 million has actually been raised?

I imagine they haven't come close otherwise there would have been a big fan fare from the Andre camp about how they have reached / exceeded their target. There is never any mention now of how much he hopes to raise each year.

From what I've seen confirmation of, his hard-working and committed fans raised somewhere in the region of £80-£85k (and possibly more?) last year. Don't know what his personal contribution - donating 50p p/pack of coffee sold at Tesco - came to but I think it's safe to say it fell well short of the £420k balance. I'd guess that the total to date is somewhere around £100k, the majority of which is down to the hard work of his fanbase.

His laziness and lack of commitment is really awful. Had he put his heart and soul into actual fundraising (ie. proceeds from gigs, ongoing funders at his coffee shops, a run, a bike ride, a shaved head, a whatever, I'm sure he could have (at least) doubled the total raised to date. But no. Way too busy asking his fans to do all the hard work while he posts indulgent pics of his fancy holidays on social media. ^_^
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope - and as all you are doing is attacking others for doing the same as Pa I can only presume you are just deflecting.

If he was half the man you and others purport him to be, you'd have an actual defence, rather than "everyone else does it", which, let's face it, stops working by they age of 13, normally.

Pa uses the charity for attention. His foundation charge expenses on money raised. Pa has made a big deal about his 50p on a bag of coffee, and his "signed pic if you raise £3 squillion (a free coffee if you raise 4)" stuff. Vanity project, dressed up as a memorial.

No word on the source of the "CRUK told him to" statement?

Your mistaken, I'm attacking no one. Im really not that fussed on Andre enough to care to go into the ins & outs of anything he does. I was merely pointing out that he like many other celebs join forces with charities to raise awareness and to a degree self promotional. Many PRs encourage their clients to be involved in charity work. Lets remember that we are not talking about a Hollywood great, or Premiership footballer here. But I think any involvement in charity work is a good thing, and not really to be scoffed at. And you're rught, there is no word on source, I can only go by what I read in a interview given, in a quick Google search, just as I'm sure that you can't provide a source into him telling lies. :)
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Your mistaken, I'm attacking no one. Im really not that fussed on Andre enough to care to go into the ins & outs of anything he does. I was merely pointing out that he like many other celebs join forces with charities to raise awareness and to a degree self promotional. Many PRs encourage their clients to be involved in charity work. Lets remember that we are not talking about a Hollywood great, or Premiership footballer here. But I think any involvement in charity work is a good thing, and not really to be scoffed at. And you're rught, there is no word on source, I can only go by what I read in a interview given, in a quick Google search, just as I'm sure that you can't provide a source into him telling lies. :)

But most celebs who attach their name to a charity don't pledge to raise X amount of money. PA, however did & so far, AFAIK, has failed miserably purely down to laziness & priorities, his priority being, fame.
    He really should be hanging his head in shame.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    From what I've seen confirmation of, his hard-working and committed fans raised somewhere in the region of £80-£85k (and possibly more?) last year. Don't know what his personal contribution - donating 50p p/pack of coffee sold at Tesco - came to but I think it's safe to say it fell well short of the £420k balance. I'd guess that the total to date is somewhere around £100k, the majority of which is down to the hard work of his fanbase.

His laziness and lack of commitment is really awful. Had he put his heart and soul into actual fundraising (ie. proceeds from gigs, ongoing funders at his coffee shops, a run, a bike ride, a shaved head, a whatever, I'm sure he could have (at least) doubled the total raised to date. But no. Way too busy asking his fans to do all the hard work while he posts indulgent pics of his fancy holidays on social media. ^_^

Sorry but the idea of someone as vain as PA doing that is hilarious.:D
    Forum Member
    Oh gosh no, I didn't mean anything like that! I was just trying - badly, obviously, to say that most charties use the 'raising awareness' tag line. It doesn't mean that people have never heard of them before and it's stunning new news - I just take it to mean they are jumping up and down to get people to notice and donate to their particular section in the rather crowded giving arena.

I also had Gloria Hunniford in mind - and Lance Armstrong who for his many faults set up an awesome charity - and even he didn't name it directly after himself!

Aggs, I think the issue with Andre is that he set up a foundation specifically to honour his brother and raise money in his name, but yet hasn't done anything himself to raise money other than be a (lazy) face for CRUK's 'awareness' campaign and encourage his fans to fundraise with promises of ^_^ armbands and ^_^ a signed picture. Zero personal effort and yet claiming credit for the fundraising 'his foundation' does.

Re Bill Bailey, the difference here is that he is hands-on totally committed to the causes he takes on (2 family cancer-related, 2 animal-related) and has done numerous gigs over the years with all proceeds going to that cause. I'm a huge fan of him anyway but have also supported him and his causes numerous times because his commitment and passion to those causes is out there for all to see.
    Forum Member
    Sorry but the idea of someone as vain as PA doing that is hilarious.:D

:D I was just offering random examples of how to engage people, get their attention and commit to a cause.

But yeah, I agree, that was a step too far in the case of the vain Andre. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, I completely understand your point.
    I guess that for me, the difference between for example, Peter Andre and Bill Bailey (who let's face it has more talent in his little finger than Tangoman has in his whole body), is that Bill Bailey makes it all about the charity and Peter Andre makes it all about himself.
    And that's what I find so offensive.
    Perhaps I could just about understand the "foundation" being named after Andre if he gave the vaguest inclination that he was actually doing something.
    But signing bags of coffee - where most of the profits go into HIS pocket - just looks like a half-arsed, can't be bothered, what's in it for me attempt at pretending to make an effort.
    He looks like a lazy git who doesn't give a shite.
    And that is beyond despicable.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There have been many proven and provable lies from pa - the "I was rich before I met her" lie - when his ex stated (and he never refuted nor sued) that he was always going on about how sad it was that he was poor or whatever, when he lived, rent free with her and her mother.

Then there was the touching reunion he sold a story to OK about the family reunion with Harvey, that never happened.

Then there was "Not allowed to donate to family members" crap - stated on camera, not true.

Insania - the song he wrote in the jungle that was somehow published and demo'd two years earlier.

Etc...etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aggs, I think the issue with Andre is that he set up a foundation specifically to honour his brother and raise money in his name, but yet hasn't done anything himself to raise money other than be a (lazy) face for CRUK's 'awareness' campaign and encourage his fans to fundraise with promises of ^_^ armbands and ^_^ a signed picture. Zero personal effort and yet claiming credit for the fundraising 'his foundation' does.

Re Bill Bailey, the difference here is that he is hands-on totally committed to the causes he takes on (2 family cancer-related, 2 animal-related) and has done numerous gigs over the years with all proceeds going to that cause. I'm a huge fan of him anyway but have also supported him and his causes numerous times because his commitment and passion to those causes is out there for all to see.

No, I understand - I was just commenting on the use of the word 'awareness' and how just about every campaign for just about every condition uses it.

I wasn't comparing the wonderful Mr Bailey to PA (other than having 2 arms, 2 legs and the same amount of natural hair there is no comparison) just saying that even though that most people are fully aware of the condition the Prosate Cancer Charity still uses the 'raising awareness' tag line. That's all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been many proven and provable lies from pa - the "I was rich before I met her" lie - when his ex stated (and he never refuted nor sued) that he was always going on about how sad it was that he was poor or whatever, when he lived, rent free with her and her mother.

Then there was the touching reunion he sold a story to OK about the family reunion with Harvey, that never happened.

Then there was "Not allowed to donate to family members" crap - stated on camera, not true.

Insania - the song he wrote in the jungle that was somehow published and demo'd two years earlier.

Etc...etc.

We were talking about the possibility that he may have been lying about being approached by CRUK to set up this foundation right? I do believe and I could be wrong here, but magazines have until the end of the Friday,to get a story to print for the following weeks release. Pete gave the interview regards the big reunion with Harvey on the Friday, arrangements were made that weekend for Harvey to have attended a joint Birthday Party with Junior. The day of the party Petes x informed him that Harvey would not be attending, I think I remember seeing this interview or reading about it at the time and Pete didn't really go into detail about Harvey's visit, would be difficult considering that the visit never actually took place anyway, not that he was to know that at the time the interview was given. I do remember OK covering a story of Pete and his x being reunited at Christmas, not that it took place either. But that the rag mags for you. I don't recall Pete denying that at the time. Could be he picks his fights.
    Not familiar with the other stories, but maybe disputing the exes claims through the courts of him not being as rich as he claimed, was hardly damaging headlines, so not really worth the mither of dragging through the courts.
    im not familiar with the other claims tbh, but none of the above stories are career damaging to him or anyone else, just the usual gutter press fodder.
    Back on subject of CRUK. I find the scrutinising of his ior anyone else's nvolvement in charity as being distasteful. As was once pointed out to me. Every little helps. :)
    Forum Member
    No, I understand - I was just commenting on the use of the word 'awareness' and how just about every campaign for just about every condition uses it.

I wasn't comparing the wonderful Mr Bailey to PA (other than having 2 arms, 2 legs and the same amount of natural hair there is no comparison) just saying that even though that most people are fully aware of the condition the Prosate Cancer Charity still uses the 'raising awareness' tag line. That's all.

^ Ha! Too true! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were talking about the possibility that he may have been lying about being approached by CRUK to set up this foundation right? I do believe and I could be wrong here, but magazines have until the end of the Friday,to get a story to print for the following weeks release. Pete gave the interview regards the big reunion with Harvey on the Friday, arrangements were made that weekend for Harvey to have attended a joint Birthday Party with Junior. The day of the party Petes x informed him that Harvey would not be attending, I think I remember seeing this interview or reading about it at the time and Pete didn't really go into detail about Harvey's visit, would be difficult considering that the visit never actually took place anyway, not that he was to know that at the time the interview was given. I do remember OK covering a story of Pete and his x being reunited at Christmas, not that it took place either. But that the rag mags for you. I don't recall Pete denying that at the time. Could be he picks his fights.
    Not familiar with the other stories, but maybe disputing the exes claims through the courts of him not being as rich as he claimed, was hardly damaging headlines, so not really worth the mither of dragging through the courts.
    im not familiar with the other claims tbh, but none of the above stories are career damaging to him or anyone else, just the usual gutter press fodder.
    Back on subject of CRUK. I find the scrutinising of his involvement in charity work as being distasteful. Every little helps. :)

The only thing being helped is Tangoman's bank balance.
    And how exactly is he "involved" in charity work?
    Flogging his coffee?
    Nice that you managed to find the time to prove that he's a downright bloody liar, even if you have attempted to blame the rag mags instaed of the manbaby himself.

:D:D:D Love it.
    I appreciate that the main issue for every charity is the need to raise awareness.
    I'm just utterly unconvinced that Tangoman is raising awareness of anything but himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flogging his coffee?
    Nice that you managed to find the time to prove that he's a downright bloody liar, even if you have attempted to blame the rag mags instaed of the manbaby himself.

He ran the Marathon for charity, he did a bike ride for charity did he not? So he has done more than his bit imo. Certainly more than me, so I'm not going to bash him for that. If you see that my comments alone as being proof, good for you. The least I expected was the calls of LINKS please. Now that's progress. ;-):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flogging his coffee?

He ran the Marathon for charity, he did a bike ride for charity did he not? So he has done more than his bit imo. Certainly more than me, so I'm not going to bash him for that. If you see that my comments alone as being proof, good for you. The least I expected was the calls of LINKS please. Now that's progress. ;-):D

So, did it for the man who's daughter he wanted to...date, but not for his own foundation.

Interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He ran the marathon in 2009. With his ex-wife.
    Unless my maths has failed me, that was 6 years ago.
    And the charity was NOT CRUK. ( NSPCC I believe).

His bike ride was for HIPZ, which while a fantastic charity is also not CRUK.

So, what has he done to raise money for his "foundation" other than sign some bags of coffee?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back on subject of CRUK. I find the scrutinising of his ior anyone else's nvolvement in charity as being distasteful. As was once pointed out to me. Every little helps. :)

So he lied, and they printed it....but he still lied -therefore, he's a proven liar.

Every little helps refers to money, an ironic turn of phrase in pa's case as it appears that very little help has been forthcoming from the little man himself.
    Forum Member

Neither of those things were for CRUK which is what we're talking about here. That, and the foundation he set up specifically (and apparently?) to raise money in his brother's name, which post-dates those two instances.

I'm not aware of one single fundraiser he himself has done for his own foundation.

Perhaps if he still had his RTV show, he might have been more 'engaged' in showing us all how dedicated to his foundation he is....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He ran the marathon in 2009. With his ex-wife.
    Unless my maths has failed me, that was 6 years ago.
    And the charity was NOT CRUK. ( NSPCC I believe).

His bike ride was for HIPZ, which while a fantastic charity is also not CRUK.

So, what has he done to raise money for his "foundation" other than sign some bags of coffee?

I don't know what he has done for this charity, but he has done his bit for charity. Maybe you should ask those that dislike him, as they seem to know every fart he passes.As I don't fall into that group, you really are asking the wrong person. You could probably tell me more about him than me, and I don't mind him, he's just a harmless twonk imo.
    My point is, he has done work for charity and imo should not be knocked for it, no one should be knocked for their contribution to charity, however small. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither of those things were for CRUK which is what we're talking about here. That, and the foundation he set up specifically (and apparently?) to raise money in his brother's name, which post-dates those two instances.

I'm not aware of one single fundraiser he himself has done for his own foundation.

Perhaps if he still had his RTV show, he might have been more 'engaged' in showing us all how dedicated to his foundation he is....

This thread seems to cover a vast number of Petes moves, I was talking about his charity work, then it spun off into all directions, interviews given to magazines, claims of wealth. So forgive me if I follow the same path. :)
    Does he not contribute with his coffee, I get that it might not be grand enough for some, but I'm sure CRUK are welcoming to any help. I presume that Andre is not contracted to CRUK, so im sure they are not under any obligation to continue to work along side him, or perhaps they are just thankful for any help given.
This discussion has been closed.