Options

Strange off-licence pricing.

crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My fave tipple is Scrumpy Jack cider so though I'd ask the offie how much a case of 24 is. May be a discount! I get 4 cans for £3.50 or 6 cans for £5. So that would be 12 cans for £10 or 24 for £20. Asked what a sealed case of 24 is, expecting him to say something like £18 and he said "£23 to you mate as a regular customer" That's only a quid cheaper than to buy 24 cans individually as they're a quid each. :confused::confused: Tried to explain that I'm better off buying 6 cans four times and it's only £20 but he couldn't seem to understand that.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont go to my local offy anymore..

they want 17.99 for a bottle of smirnoff (11 in asda)
    18.99 for Bacardi.. (11.95 in asda)
    and 16.99 for Tia Maria (10 in sainsburys)

rip off merchants. I know they have to pay more as they buy less but a friend of mine used to work there and told me the smirnoff they charge 17.99 a bottle for costs them 9.99 how can £8 be staff costs/running costs etc?:rolleyes: thats a 40% mark up
  • Options
    chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you bought the 4 x 6 cans for £20 and wished him a good day?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you bought the 4 x 6 cans for £20 and wished him a good day?

Not yet. He was the owner's nephew and said I'd got him all confused and puzzled and he seemed rattled, said he'd talk to his uncle. :confused:
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it maths isn't their strongest subject!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    I dont go to my local offy anymore..

Tesco have them at £3.99 for 4 or buy 8 cans for £7 so I'd pay £21 for 24 then.

My brain hurts now with all these figures!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    I take it maths isn't their strongest subject!

Not really. He said if I put 6 four-packs on his counter, £21, assuming £3.50 for 4, he'd get me a sealed case of 24 and charge me his bargain £23. :confused: Seems a bit of an idiot tbh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Supermarkets can't really be beaten on price for booze, most of the time anyway. They just have massive buying power and use the offers to pull the customers in.
  • Options
    danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are independent and need to be able to live from the profit off the products they sell.
  • Options
    BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had this problem in America a t-shirt was $3 or 3 for $10 when i asked to pay for them individually they couldn't see why.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BZR wrote: »
    I had this problem in America a t-shirt was $3 or 3 for $10 when i asked to pay for them individually they couldn't see why.

LOL. :D