Women : Tights with trousers or not ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juiceman wrote: »
    My girlfriend always wears sheer tan tights under her jeans or trousers.

Even in the summer she will wear them under 3/4 length trousers.

The thing is as well, its a constant sight to see the waistband, the seam below and some of the see through bit under the waistband peeking out the top of her trousers/jeans when she bends, sits or crouches etc.:eek:

Is it an insecurity? I can only imagine that is why she wears them under jeans. She may not be happy with the appearance of her legs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also I am 27 and I wear tights all the time. I don't think it is an old woman thing.. I do wear them mainly for work though.

I would love to wear stockings every day (to my boyfriends delight lol) but its just too much bother..
    Sounds good to me! :o

My girlfriend has never worn tights. I think they're great and really show off the legs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not unless I fancy a nice dose of thrush.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I wear thick tights underneath if it's cold or I've no socks, but no, not good for bacteria around your bits!
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Oh my god no never wear tights with trousers its just so wrong :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    preston41 wrote: »
    Is it an insecurity? I can only imagine that is why she wears them under jeans. She may not be happy with the appearance of her legs.

No its not that.

She wears skirts as well at formal events, like last weekend we were at an engagement party and she wore a skirt with tan tights underneath.

We were staying overnight at our friends house that night and the following day it was back to the normal!!!

Clingy black polo-neck, jeans and the tan tights below with the top 3 inches or so of them peeking out at regular intervals :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No its not that.

She wears skirts as well at formal events, like last weekend we were at an engagement party and she wore a skirt with tan tights underneath.

We were staying overnight at our friends house that night and the following day it was back to the normal!!!

Clingy black polo-neck, jeans and the tan tights below with the top 3 inches or so of them peeking out at regular intervals :rolleyes:

Have you ever said to her....I can see the top of your tights and maybe hint that it doesn't look that great?

I'm finding it hard to understand why she would wear them under jeans of all things, that must make the jeans cling to her legs and for me that would be really uncomfortable!

EDIT: Does she have stretch marks on her hips? Perhaps she wears tights to cover her stretch marks if her jeans/trousers sit low around her hips/waist so because she doesn't like them to be exposed and thinks the tights look better (to her)?
    Forum Member
    AngelStar wrote: »
    Have you ever said to her....I can see the top of your tights and maybe hint that it doesn't look that great?

I'm finding it hard to understand why she would wear them under jeans of all things, that must make the jeans cling to her legs and for me that would be really uncomfortable!

EDIT: Does she have stretch marks on her hips? Perhaps she wears tights to cover her stretch marks if her jeans/trousers sit low around her hips/waist so because she doesn't like them to be exposed and thinks the tights look better (to her)?

Hi, sorry I took so long to reply........the computer went on the blink!

The first few times when her tights started showing, I did mention it to her and she would sort it there and then but about 10 minutes later they would be showing again.

Seems pointless to mention it now as it happens so regular although sometimes her friends would maybe mention it when they see it happen, but it doesn't seem to make a difference either :rolleyes:

She doesn't have stretch marks either but even if she did, you'd probably be able to see them through her tights anyway because a lot of the time the sheer tan bit under the waistband is also showing :o
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do especially when it is cold..... sometimes I walk to work and have ballet pump style shoes on..... so wear tights underneath trousers.... socks and ballet pump style shoes is wrong IMHO
  • BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linz1973 wrote: »
    I do especially when it is cold..... sometimes I walk to work and have ballet pump style shoes on..... so wear tights underneath trousers.... socks and ballet pump style shoes is wrong IMHO

Aren't there those tights material style foot socks you can wear ? They are only for the sole area of your foot, and see-thru material. Although that wont help with the cold aspect :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlizzardUK wrote: »
    Aren't there those tights material style foot socks you can wear ? They are only for the sole area of your foot, and see-thru material. Although that wont help with the cold aspect :)

They are but they are either uncomfortable because they slip out of place or don't stop shoes rubbing. Or they look ugly because they have to poke above the line of the show to stop them rubbing.

I'm finding this thread really funny - who knew that tights were so offensive :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    They are but they are either uncomfortable because they slip out of place or don't stop shoes rubbing. Or they look ugly because they have to poke above the line of the show to stop them rubbing.

I'm finding this thread really funny - who knew that tights were so offensive :D

:D PMSL - I know:D
    Forum Member
    One of the hottest days of the year yesterday and still my girlfirend had tan tights on under 3/4 length trousers!

She also had a cropped white top on therefore the sight of the top of her tights riding up above the top of her trousers at the back was a common site.

This was coupled with open toed slip on shoes with the reinforced toe of her tights showing prominently again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    One of the hottest days of the year yesterday and still my girlfirend had tan tights on under 3/4 length trousers!

She also had a cropped white top on therefore the sight of the top of her tights riding up above the top of her trousers at the back was a common site.

This was coupled with open toed slip on shoes with the reinforced toe of her tights showing prominently again.

The hose flashing young lady that I work with doesn't seem to be put off by the warm weather either.

One day this past week she wore a lovely beige trouser suit, and once again, as she was crouched down refilling the printer with paper her top rode high above her trousers, displaying the waistband and center seam of her hose to all in the office. I should think that she would be aware she was giving such a "show". :o

As I said before, I do have several outfits that give similar displays, and I had a situation a few weeks past at a dinner party at the home of some friends where I felt certain (and my hubby later confirmed) that my hose had shown over my trousers numerous times throughout the evening. To me it's a little embarrassing, and quite the exception rather than the rule! :)
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore my holdups, but tights are more convenient.. darn my laziness
  • MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be honest, that sounds increadibly erotic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member
    I do if it's really cold outside. And I sometimes wear black tights with city shorts.
  • LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not very comfortable wearing tights under trousers.

Stockings don't keep my legs warm when I wear skirts when it's cold, so I wear thick black tights.
    Forum Member
    MartinJ wrote: »
    To be honest, that sounds increadibly erotic.

It doesn't really do anything for me to be honest although one of my mates did recently comment to her for a laugh when he was drunk that he preferred it to seeing a thong sticking out of a girls trousers.

Its still happening almost every day and we went to Dublin for a last weekend for a weekend break with a couple we are friends with and the top of her tan tights were on display from the moment we got the taxi to the airport on the Friday till we got home on the Sunday night!!

Her pal commented on it at the airport on the Friday when my girlfriend was crouching and rummaging for something in her bag but it still didn't prevent it happening constantly for the weekend!!:rolleyes:
  • BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't really do anything for me to be honest although one of my mates did recently comment to her for a laugh when he was drunk that he preferred it to seeing a thong sticking out of a girls trousers.

Its still happening almost every day and we went to Dublin for a last weekend for a weekend break with a couple we are friends with and the top of her tan tights were on display from the moment we got the taxi to the airport on the Friday till we got home on the Sunday night!!

Her pal commented on it at the airport on the Friday when my girlfriend was crouching and rummaging for something in her bag but it still didn't prevent it happening constantly for the weekend!!:rolleyes:

Does your girlfriend live in tights or something ? :D
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive never worn tights under trousers. The only time i wear tights is in the winter months when wearing knee length skirts. Then i wear black opaque tights with knee length boots.
    Forum Member
    BlizzardUK wrote: »
    Does your girlfriend live in tights or something ? :D

Ha ha, as good as, yes!!

Hand on heart I cannot remember the last day when she was not wearing a pair of tan tights either with jeans, normal trousers, cropped trousers, or on rare occasions, a skirt.

As I type this, she is sitting crossed legged on the floor reading a magazine with her back to me and again, her cropped denims have sagged at the back therefore displaying the top of her tights :rolleyes:

And given the fact she done a washing earlier, our living room radiator currently has five pairs draped over it!!

Yes folks, this is what I have to live with!!! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's not very hygenic!

Huh?! They're only unhygenic if you dont wash 'em!

jeez, some people have very strong opinions on tights haha :D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    No definitely not! It would be too hot and also very uncomfortable! I always just wear socks or trainer liners under my jeans. Just keep tights for wearing with skirts or dresses. I sometimes wear them with a skirt in the winter. Knee high pop socks might be okay under trousers as long as you go for skin coloured ones rather than heavier black ones. I'm not sure about wearing stockings though, I think they're fine with skirts as well. :D
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, WAY too hot for me for any ordinary situation :eek:

But tights certainly aren't for older people :confused: