Tonight shown disco night CAN work

Not the best show ever but it was good enough, I enjoyed it :)

It definitely separated the good from the bad. Last year was a disaster because most of them were bad. I thought tonight would be a disaster but more of them are really good, so IMO it worked :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally thought it was terrible.

Loved JLS though
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    I thought it was the worst week ever in any talent show I've ever watched - and that includes last year's X Factor which was pretty dire. Only JLS were worth listening to ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Hmm... not sure about that because usually Rachel has a fantastic voice but tonight she was terrible! I don't think it separates the good from the bad, just shows us their comfort zones and that disco week will never work. Last year was bad and this year wasn't any better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed it tonight, it really surprised me lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it to. Disco is one of the hardest things to sing and it really pushes them. I thought Austin had an easy ride with his (not disco) song though.

I like it cause it's a proper camp old show!
  • PinkGlitterPinkGlitter Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the songs werent even disco songs.

However, as a non fan of X Factor, i did think this week was ok.
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed this week, think it shows the calibre of this years contestants barring Eggnog and daniel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was terrible - why do we need theme weeks anyway? It's not like Diana's going to record disco, any more than Daniel's going to do Michael Jackson. I'd be far happier seeing the acts doing songs that played to their own strengths.
  • A CillayA Cillay Posts: 8,215
    Forum Member
    Not when it comes to Diana though- utter trainwreck.

I've always been spectical of Disco and ABBA week but something was weirdly tolerable about it tonight.
  • moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    galena wrote: »
    I thought it was the worst week ever in any talent show I've ever watched - and that includes last year's X Factor which was pretty dire.* Only JLS were worth listening to ...
    Did you ever seen ABBA week on pop idol one? Trust me that was the biggest disaster ever! Rosie Ribbons singing the winner takes it all! *shudders*:eek:But yes, tonight was not great either.
  • EsqualitaEsqualita Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not ONE Bee Gees song. You can't have a disco themed week without a Bee Gees song. We wuz robbed!
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    moonbaby wrote: »
    Did you ever seen ABBA week on pop idol one? Trust me that was the biggest disaster ever! Rosie Ribbons singing the winner takes it all! *shudders*:eek:But yes, tonight was not great either.

Pop Idol 1 had Will, Darius and Gareth so could never be a total disaster! And at least Rosie's performance was enjoyable in a sort of car crash way - last night was just plain boring ...