sam bailey album sold 100.000

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sam really deserves credit people slated her said her album wont sell much and yet she gone past the gold certificate of 100, 000 sales she been in chart for over 3 weeks

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    It's an ok achievement. She's JUST come off X Factor though.

Leona Lewis's Christmas album sold over 100,000 copies in 3 weeks, that was SEVEN years after she won X Factor. Sam won 3 months before her album was released. Let's see where she is a few years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    It's an ok achievement. She's JUST come off X Factor though.

Leona Lewis's Christmas album sold over 100,000 copies in 3 weeks, that was SEVEN years after she won X Factor. Sam won 3 months before her album was released. Let's see where she is a few years.

I don't think that a given I mean look at james Arthur last year so I say give a couple of years I hope she around if not she might make it as a presenter

people who win success don't alaway have success matt cardle, leon Jackson it seem women and girl band seems to do better
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I don't think that a given I mean look at james Arthur last year so I say give a couple of years I hope she around if not she might make it as a presenter

people who win success don't alaway have success matt cardle, leon Jackson it seem women and girl band seems to do better

Yeah, to be fair to Sam she does seem very grateful and humble so fair play to her. She's probably at a time of life where she knows the opportunity she has been given and doesn't want to take it for granted like James Arthur.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Yeah, to be fair to Sam she does seem very grateful and humble so fair play to her. She's probably at a time of life where she knows the opportunity she has been given and doesn't want to take it for granted like James Arthur.

personally I think he should be fired what the saying you don't bite the hand that feed you I don't like the way he is ruining his caereer just to make a name for himself

As for sam I think that y people like her because she down to earth she said even before she started she don't want to take it for granted as she don't know how long it will last :)
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    I'd wait until the old 'sophomore slump' happens.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Lets just see how her next album does that will be the test .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member

I definitely think Sam will be around for a while, whether in music or not. She seems well liked by ITV and the ITV audience, appearing on a lot of their shows. I'd expect her to be on Loose Women soon, which, whilst maybe not where she aimed to be, this time last year she was a prison guard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Wonderful achievement, lets add it to the winners list.

X Factor Winners Debut Album Sales:

#1 Leona Lewis, Spirit - 3,115,366
    #2 Alexandra Burke, Overcome - 818,628
    #3 Shayne Ward, Shayne Ward - 537,573
    #4 Little Mix, DNA - 344,969
    #5 Matt Cardle, Letters - 276,845
    #6 James Arthur, James Arthur - 255,558
    #7 Leon Jackson, Right Now - 135,892
    #8 Steve Brookstein, Heart & Soul - 105,199
    #9 Joe McElderry, Wide Awake - 104,445
    #10 Sam Bailey, Power of Love - 100,000

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    SOD_IT wrote: »

Wow, I never knew Leona sold 3m albums in 3 weeks ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOD_IT wrote: »

What period of time are you looking at though? Is this after 3 weeks for everyone, or is it a longer period for all other than Sam?

I think what it shows, from a Syco point of view, is that they should release a winner's album straight away each time. They do it in Australia, it covers their performances on the show and it always charts well. As Syco are just in it for the money, I find it odd that they don't do it with all of the winners over here.

Anyway, good for her, but I suppose, as someone else said, it's the second album that is the most telling. Do you have the stats for second album releases Sod It?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    JFoster1 wrote: »
    Wow, I never knew Leona sold 3m albums in 3 weeks ;)

I put my glasses on, then used a magnifying glass, then finally binoculars and still can't see that quote that said Leona sold 3m in 3 weeks.

But if it makes you happy fair enough.

:p

feel free to update the list as time goes by.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What period of time are you looking at though? Is this after 3 weeks for everyone, or is it a longer period for all other than Sam?

I think what it shows, from a Syco point of view, is that they should release a winner's album straight away each time. They do it in Australia, it covers their performances on the show and it always charts well. As Syco are just in it for the money, I find it odd that they don't do it with all of the winners over here.

Anyway, good for her, but I suppose, as someone else said, it's the second album that is the most telling. Do you have the stats for second album releases Sod It?

It's roughly around this..

Leona Lewis, Echo - 600,000+
    Joe McElderry, Classic - 247,046+
    Shayne Ward, Breathless - 300,000+
    Little Mix, Salute - 230,000+
    Matt Cardle, The Fire - 60,000+
    Alexandra Burke, Heartbreak on Hold - 15,000+
    Steve Brookstein, 40,000 Things - 3632
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100k after 3 weeks in the 2014 album climate is very impressive to me. She's already #12 on the Year-to-date album chart and is likely to enter the top 10 next week. The argument that the next album is the real test can be said for pretty much every artist around, especially new artists and even more so reality show contests. I think Sam should be very proud and her fans very happy. Personally, her music isn't my thing, but I find her sales strong atm and she's put her self in a very good position for a second album at this stage.