Wifi In McDonalds

Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
Forum Member
Seen as Wifi In McDonalds has gone free now it will be quite good for Iphone/Touch users. (aswell as other wifi devices)

Comments

• geoff wodegeoff wode Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I tried it the other day and it was thoroughly rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    where have the posts gone between geoff wode and i?

they were a reference to withnail and i....he doesn't really want to pull my head off!
  • Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    I reported them
  • SuperTed187SuperTed187 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very small portable devices might get used in a mcdonalds, but who is going to want to put a laptop down in a dirty messy macdonalds
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Get fat and download. That's my idea of lunch.
  • prl100prl100 Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    very small portable devices might get used in a mcdonalds, but who is going to want to put a laptop down in a dirty messy macdonalds
    If you go in the morning time you quite often see businessmen using their laptops whilst sipping coffee.
  • LuxxyLuxxy Posts: 18,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd feel worried whipping my Touch out an the average McDonalds to be honest. Too much of a muggers dream...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I used the chiswick one last week with my ipod touch, worked really well, no passwords or anything, or muggings.

can anyone recap the deleted withnail by any chance? I love lines from that film.

Scrubbers!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol @ my favourite cafe being right next door to McDonalds... picked up the Wifi very nicely :D

Thank you Ronald!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    ATFBKP wrote: »

can anyone recap the deleted withnail by any chance? I love lines from that film.

Scrubbers!!!!

i'm not sure i dare! i don't want to get reported again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    lol @ my favourite cafe being right next door to McDonalds... picked up the Wifi very nicely :D

Thank you Ronald!

That sounds pretty awesome:D

Having said that though does anyone know what their privacy policy is? I'm pretty sure that McDonalds is getting more out of this than selling you a few cheap burgers or a coffee. If they are monitering/gathering and analysing the data that's been used by their customers they could build detailed profiles. Free Wi-Fi sounds like a great honeypot.
  • geoff wodegeoff wode Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Adam D wrote: »
    I reported them

You arent even a moderator yet you report completely innocent comments.

I advise you get out more.
  • simondsUU933wsimondsUU933w Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ATFBKP wrote: »
    I used the chiswick one last week with my ipod touch, worked really well, no passwords or anything, or muggings.

The password thing was a pain in the arse. I get free Openzone with my broadband but having to remember the crazy username and password was a nightmare - especially trying to type it in to the ipod touch!!!!
  • Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    geoff wode wrote: »
    You arent even a moderator yet you report completely innocent comments.

I advise you get out more.
    hahaha You make me laugh.

I reported them as they were totally off topic and in my view abuse to another member. I never said i was a mod, thats the whole point of the alert feature. and in this case, A mod decided to remove the posts.