Options

ITunes x factor performances figures??

marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Throughout this year's competition I have been wondering how the sales of the performances have really rated, but more importantly if:

a) will the sales figures will be released after the final?

b) who is the contestant with the higher combined sales figures?

c) have those numbers decided certain controversial decisions throughout the competition?

my thinking behind this post is that if I were simon I would be looking and analysing very closely those figures as they would be a probably more accurate forecast of the sales figures of future singles post x factor than voting percentages (multi voting and alike). That knowledge would certainly make to help a contestant so that the winner could bring me the highest revenue in the near future.

Comments

• Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    More importantly - how much money has Cowell and the show made from them!

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    More importantly - how much money has Cowell and the show made from them!

:D

That too. Well if we had the figures we could make a very close estimate on how much he got, deducting the iTunes cut.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only tune I would download if I knew how to do it, would be knights in white satin by Matt, it was beautiful
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    marinamau wrote: »
    That too. Well if we had the figures we could make a very close estimate on how much he got, deducting the iTunes cut.

Not to mention the royalties to the original writers of the songs ;)
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do iTunes not have the popularity bars anymore? It'd be interesting to see who's the highest selling off them all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Do iTunes not have the popularity bars anymore? It'd be interesting to see who's the highest selling off them all.

I'll give you one guess as to indications from 'ratings':cool:
    However I think we might get the figures after the competition is over ...but certainly not until then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

Not for the x factor performances, as far as I know, as any indication of purchases is deemed to be inappropriate.
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not for the x factor performances, as far as I know, as any indication of purchases is deemed to be inappropriate.

Just saw some figures on another forum, there are some VERY high figures for certain acts for Rock Week. They are the sales combined for the two songs, they reckon, half a million for the 2 songs of one act:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Now I didn't believe that at all, but the same poster has just posted with some certainty what Matt's Winners Song is. So if they turn out right about that, the figures could be correct!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    The only tune I would download if I knew how to do it, would be knights in white satin by Matt, it was beautiful

As long as you have Itunes, you can download it. I downloaded that one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola37 wrote: »
    Just saw some figures on another forum, there are some VERY high figures for certain acts for Rock Week. They are the sales combined for the two songs, they reckon, half a million for the 2 songs of one act:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Now I didn't believe that at all, but the same poster has just posted with some certainty what Matt's Winners Song is. So if they turn out right about that, the figures could be correct!
    Would love to know. Which forum is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to know. Which forum is it?

This is what they posted, they're in an open forum:
    updated downloads week 8

Matt :512,476
    Cher :273,092
    1D :248,304
    Rebecca :186,000
    Katie :145,042
    Mary :115,529
    Wagner :108,529

this is the total for both songs

Also posted that this will be Matt's winner's single, seems very certain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAh--lH0H3U

You don't have to believe either, I'm not sure I believe the figures, Wagner and Katie seems ridiculously high but they seem very certain it's that song for Matt!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So basically you're saying Nights in White Satin is Matt's winners song according to that forum... So therefore none of them are intending to release a new song for their winners song? That sounds a little dull tbh.

Edit: I just noticed the above post. Not a huge fan of that song either tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnnyto wrote: »
    So basically you're saying Nights in White Satin is Matt's winners song according to that forum... So therefore none of them are intending to release a new song for their winners song? That sounds a little dull tbh.

No that forum is saying, with some certainty it is Biffy Clyro's Many of Horror for Matt.

It suits him down to the ground so I can see it being true.

They all have 4 different covers I think:
    One Direction's is strongly believed to be Forever Young and now Matt with Many of Horror
    Nobody seems to have any news on the girls!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many of Horror is a really good fit for Matt's voice, it is a nice song but not sure if it is memorable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You don't have to believe either, I'm not sure I believe the figures, Wagner and Katie seems ridiculously high but they seem very certain it's that song for Matt!

Thanks, it is certainly interesting. I would love to compare those numbers to the Real chart, because if they match then probably both are legit, if they don't then both could be made up or just the one. Unfortunately they havent put up the chart for last week chart. So we can't even compare.
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    According to another blog(don't believe what's on there either)...Matt's highest entry on the chart was during week 5..he entered at #13 with FTEISYF.
    And Cher hit #1 with Stay and would have topped the official chart that week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends where you read, because there was an article in the Daily Mail the other day that said Matt and Rebecca were neck and neck on iTunes, according to the feedback and messages left.

I don't think anyone knows, we will just have to wait until the weekend to find out for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    According to another blog(don't believe what's on there either)...Matt's highest entry on the chart was during week 5..he entered at #13 with FTEISYF.

I don't think we'll ever know for certain, it's a shame really because although I understand WHY they can't chart because in all honesty they probably would dominate each week, and people got sick of all the Glee releases for example, the chart is supposed to show the most bought songs including downloads in the UK for each particular week, and if that means X factor make up the top 5 or whatever then so be it, it's what the public are downloading.

By excluding the figures, the charts are at the minute, NOT an accurate reflection of the music buying public but I can certainly understand why they don't chart.

If they released the figures at the end, and they worked out that Stay would have been number 1 the week it was released for example then that would mean people knowing the act that was at number 1 'officially' wasn't really. I think people are annoyed enough at the X factor without taking over the chart so I don't think we'll ever find out

All we know for certain is Matt and Rebecca seem to be overall the most popular from itunes ratings
    http://www.aoltv.co.uk/2010/12/08/x-factor-matt-and-rebecca-favourites-on-itunes/
  • Options
    wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member

Those numbers bear a remarkable resemblance to the number of YT hits in the first week - my guess is that 's what it is - 500K single sales would be unbelievable and more than 100k buying wagners? really?
  • Options
    wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    I don't think we'll ever know for certain, it's a shame really because although I understand WHY they can't chart because in all honesty they probably would dominate each week, and people got sick of all the Glee releases for example, the chart is supposed to show the most bought songs including downloads in the UK for each particular week, and if that means X factor make up the top 5 or whatever then so be it, it's what the public are downloading.

By excluding the figures, the charts are at the minute, NOT an accurate reflection of the music buying public but I can certainly understand why they don't chart.

If they released the figures at the end, and they worked out that Stay would have been number 1 the week it was released for example then that would mean people knowing the act that was at number 1 'officially' wasn't really. I think people are annoyed enough at the X factor without taking over the chart so I don't think we'll ever find out

All we know for certain is Matt and Rebecca seem to be overall the most popular from itunes ratings
    http://www.aoltv.co.uk/2010/12/08/x-factor-matt-and-rebecca-favourites-on-itunes/

but even these are only for last week (how Matt is level given his illness surprises me). Over all weeks I think Matt is a bit ahead but not much of rebecca but its all boll**ks anyway - the kids that vote for 1D don't give a toss about their music and I doubt they rate the downloads even if they buy them. But merchandise and concert tickets will fly off the shelves - expect Tshirts in Tesco by the spring and an album full of covers to support an arena tour by this time next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I have checked that blog. Overall, considering every single performance that appears there, as position on that charts go Rebecca is on top, followed by Matt at some distance, then Cher, followed by One direction at some distance again.

While rebecca hasn't got as high charted songs as Matt and Cher, seem to be more consistent and last longer charted.

But all this could be nonsense as we don't how acurate (if at all) are those charts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those numbers bear a remarkable resemblance to the number of YT hits in the first week - my guess is that 's what it is - 500K single sales would be unbelievable and more than 100k buying wagners? really?

Well that's what I thought, I know a lot of people claim to enjoy Wagner and vote for him but actually BUY the songs?! In that many numbers?! I think not.
    But the highest sales each week could be pretty high, given the audience, just not THAT high surely. They were combined figures for 2 songs and for Matt's would be heavily weighted in favour of Nights in White Satin. I can believe it sold well but 250k to 300K would be as you say an unbelievable figure. Even Cher's and 1 Direction's are VERY high too!
  • Options
    spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    updated downloads week 8

Don't believe those for a second.

This I CAN believe. Really, really, hope we get figures next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is my feeling too.
    By the way it was rihanna The only Girl that was #1. She maintained the #1 the following week too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downloads week 8

On a second thought, I think it is virtually impossible for those numbers. As a guideline, "Promise this" sold 157,210 copies in its first week and it was the biggest selling non charity single of the year.

512,476 divided in two (in equals 2 or unequal 2) means that Matt would have to sell at least 256,240 of one song and 256,238 of the other.
    Those are massive numbers. I just simply can't believe them.

I could, however, consider them if they were overall sales that account all the performances. But still, i am not sure.