Recommend me an eyeliner

LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm not good at applying it - tends to look too obvious rather than blending in- can anyone recommend me a product that is easy to apply and looks good please?

Comments

• AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of eyeliner are you after? Pencil, felt-tip style, gel? For pencil I can recommend the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencils, or the Rimmel Scandaleyes if you're on a budget :)
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know really - I want something that won't just rub off during the day, but won't look too obvious as a black line on my upper lid. In the magazines, it always looks so natural, and on other girls too but when I apply it, to me it looks too obvious :-( maybe I'm doing something wrong!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you post a link to a pic of the style of eyeliner you want to achieve then I and anyone else will be in a better place to advise. :)
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For daytime I like this http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/amy-adams/images/6381579/title/amy-photo.

I have dark brown hair.

At the moment I tend to brush dark brown eyeshadow above my upper lash line which look nice and soft but rubs off as the day goes on and can leave a mark higher up on my lid where the shadow sort of smudges upwards.

I need to find something more durable than eyeshadow but not too stark

For evening Id love to be able to create this:http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00054445.html :
    See pic on left part way down

Thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love ELF Studio cream eyeliner, the copper would probably be the most subtle. Lasts really well.

For the second look, you'd probably be best with a soft pencil, Barry M is really good in my experience, or possibly rimmel, something smudgable
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lump of coal would work, as long as the rain stays away :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Urban Decay 24/7 pencils are great, very soft and pigmented, and you could always choose a lighter colour - grey or brown for a less harsh look.

I think the trick is to really work it into your lashline, then build up a line gradually to the thickness you want.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the second, I'd recommend Rimmel Kohl eyeliner pencil. It's my favourite eyeliner by far.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Urban Decay 24/7 however I think Gosh's velvet touch eyeliner is a perfect dupe for it.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Lancome's le Crayon Khol, and Aveda's eyeliner. I tend to apply near my lashes and then blend with a subtle eyeliner and a decent brush. I find lots of other brands make my eyes itch.

If I am doing a dramatic line, I use a felt-tip version over the top of the pencil (Bourjois do one which is quite good).