Nadine Coyle in Trouble Over Tweet?

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally disagree with this.

She was chucked off Popstars The Rivals (or a similar style contest) in Ireland for being underage and then proceeded to try for PSTR and Girls Aloud. Nobody uninterested in fame would try to enter such competitions.

Louis Walsh asked her to re audition for Popstars The Rivals.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has she so massively flopped then :confused: I don't get it.

I kind of feel Nadine is rather full of herself. She may have the best voice but that makes her failure even more embarrassing.

Doesn't anyone else think her saying she has the most input musically in G A and starting up this 'it's not my fault G A split' thing on twitter smacks of a bitchy lady :confused: It's like everyone is so determined for Cheryl to be a nasty bully that folks can't see the wood for the trees.
    I agree with you. Now while I like Nadine as a person, I think she is quite unprofessional. She has an awful cheek saying that she wanted them to keep going when she was the one who had the least input into them promotional wise. People might say that she carried the group vocally (which I would dispute but that's another thread) but that's the easy part. Unless you put yourself out there, then you could have the best voice ever and no one would get to hear it.

She didn't join in their Passions documentary (which opened up other avenues in which they are still working in today). This is attributed to Nadine's lack of love of the limelight. But around the same time, she also failed to turn up to the Brits because she "got to the airport and realised she had forgotton her passport" :rolleyes: Sorry but that's unacceptable. She moved to LA and distanced herself from the rest of the group. Again this can be explained by her wanting a life with her family. Fair enough. However, she has referred to the other group members as her "colleagues" and not her friends. Is it really surprising then when they don't bend over backwards to support her in her solo efforts? I know that I take a great interest in my friends' lives but not that much in people I would consider colleagues.

It's interesting to see how the dynamics of the group has changed since they started. Cheryl really wanted Javine in the group as they were BFF's and had supported each other all the way through. Cheryl was probably a bit gutted that Sarah got in instead. Kimberley and Nadine were very close at the start but they drifted apart. I think that has something to do with Louis Walsh. He was always Nadine's biggest supporter and made out like Nadine carried the band and was the only one who could go solo. Nadine was young at the time so this probably went to her head. Now we know that Louis turned out to be a sh!te manager and Kimberley ended up being the unofficial manager of the group in the early days before Hilary Shaw took over. Maybe Kimberley got sick of Nadines notions (even if they were subconsious) that she carried the group and naturally gravitate to the more ambitious Cheryl. *

It is obvious now that the main "clique" in the group is Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola. What is interesting to note is that Sarah doesn't fall into this clique and has always done her own thing but it has never been an issue. There has never been any Sarah vs ____ nonsense and while she doesn't join the other three in everything they do, they look quite natural together as a foursome when they are together. How is it that the "bitchy girls" as some would like to believe can be so accepting of Sarah coming and going as she pleases but not Nadine?

The problem lies with Nadine. I'm not taking it as gospel but apparently Nadine had her own manager accompany her with Girls Aloud (from Cheryl's biography I think, I will stand corrected). If true, that's just uncalled for. It's like bragging about your new job, while still in your old job. It's not going to endear you to people. When they took their break, everyone assumed that Cheryl would be a joke as a solo artist and that Nadine would be the success as she had a better voice. Look what happened. Cheryl listened to those around her and made smart, professional choices, worked hard to promote herself and became a huge success. She also wised up, shut her gobby mouth and when asked about Nadine, gave professional (if a bit boring :p answers). Nadine on the other hand, made poor choices, dug her heels in and ended up with a crap album on sale in Tesco. She also took the bait from the media and made some silly comments about only singing live or some other sh!te like that. Singing live only matters if you are Adele, if you are a popstar it's not that important (unless stans and hatahs are arguing on the interwebs lol).

Anyways, previewing my post I can't believe I've written so much (I'm super bored tonight :p) but what it comes down to is that (and anyone who knows me as a long term poster will know that I am no Cheryl fan) I don't think that Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola are three plastic Mean Girl bitches who try and sabotage the superior Nadine at every chance. Because I like her as a person, I used to defend her but after that tweet, I can't. Nadine sabotages herself. They had a great tour and were happy to go their own way and Nadine suddenly wades in with "I wanted us to go further" LOL LMAO. What, with all the other girls doing the promotion in the UK and you turning up whenever it suits you????

*Disclaimer: I am in no way saying this is what happened and I am just putting forth a theory. Loads of people have commented on how close Nadine and Kimberley were but no one has any idea why they drifted apart. I just had one, not saying it is right :oI guess we'll never really know ;)
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Tl:dr
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    giveash!t:carealot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    I do think she has a good voice actually, but I don't think she's immune to the temptations of fame.

To be fair, is any celeb? Nadine was a teenager thrust into the limelight in her teens. She actually seems quite down to earth and doesn't sell herself to the press.
    The problem lies with Nadine.

Nadine with the problem? Never.....:rolleyes:
    everyone assumed that Tweedy would be a joke as a solo artist

She was, and still is.
    Nadine suddenly wades in with "I wanted us to go further"

It was an innocent Tweet, she doesn't name anyone, I think it was harmless.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    To be fair, is any celeb? Nadine was a teenager thrust into the limelight in her teens. She actually seems quite down to earth and doesn't sell herself to the press.

She was, and still is.

BIB - Whether you like it or not, Nadine's solo career was more of a joke than Cheryl's, and that's a fact. Yes, Nadine is vastly superior in the vocal department than Cheryl, but she was a huge flop.

You can sound off as much biased bile as you like, it's obvious you have an agenda where one fifth of GA are concerned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not saying that she's the whole problem but given that Sarah has distanced herself from the group with no fallout then you have to at least look at the way Nadine has handled herself when she distanced herself from the group. You have to ask yourself the question: How much of yourself would you invest in someone who considered you a colleague?
    She was, and still is.
    No she wasn't. She had a highly successful career and her lowest selling album still sold more than Nadine's solo effort. Even Cheryl's detractors don't take from that.
    It wasn't a harmless tweet. Everyone knew that the end of the tour was the end of Girls Aloud. The girls have grown up, grown apart and want to do their own things. They tweeted their fans, thanking them for the support etc etc. That should have been the end of it. For Nadine to suddenly wade in with "I wanted the group to go on" or whatever, was ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB - Whether you like it or not, Nadine's solo career was more of a joke than Cheryl's, and that's a fact. Yes, Nadine is vastly superior in the vocal department than Cheryl, but she was a huge flop.

You can sound off as much biased bile as you like, it's obvious you have an agenda where one fifth of GA are concerned.
    What granted can't seem to accept is that within Girls Aloud, Nadine was superior to Cheryl but in the real world, Nadine doesn't have a strong enough voice to cut it as a solo artist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is just rude and uncalled for.

I thought their post was very well thought out and actually quite interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    This is just rude and uncalled for.

I thought their post was very well thought out and actually quite interesting.
    Thanks. I wasn't claiming to have insider information on Girls Aloud but how the dynamics have changed within the group over the years has been fascinating to watch. We only have the media to go on (who are unreliable at best) so sometimes it's fun to speculate with our own thoughts.

Only the girls really know what went on. The rest out us will be speculating for years! :cool::p:D
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

what does that mean? :confused:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. Now while I like Nadine as a person, I think she is quite unprofessional. She has an awful cheek saying that she wanted them to keep going when she was the one who had the least input into them promotional wise. People might say that she carried the group vocally (which I would dispute but that's another thread) but that's the easy part. Unless you put yourself out there, then you could have the best voice ever and no one would get to hear it.

She didn't join in their Passions documentary (which opened up other avenues in which they are still working in today). This is attributed to Nadine's lack of love of the limelight. But around the same time, she also failed to turn up to the Brits because she "got to the airport and realised she had forgotton her passport" :rolleyes: Sorry but that's unacceptable. She moved to LA and distanced herself from the rest of the group. Again this can be explained by her wanting a life with her family. Fair enough. However, she has referred to the other group members as her "colleagues" and not her friends. Is it really surprising then when they don't bend over backwards to support her in her solo efforts? I know that I take a great interest in my friends' lives but not that much in people I would consider colleagues.

It's interesting to see how the dynamics of the group has changed since they started. Cheryl really wanted Javine in the group as they were BFF's and had supported each other all the way through. Cheryl was probably a bit gutted that Sarah got in instead. Kimberley and Nadine were very close at the start but they drifted apart. I think that has something to do with Louis Walsh. He was always Nadine's biggest supporter and made out like Nadine carried the band and was the only one who could go solo. Nadine was young at the time so this probably went to her head. Now we know that Louis turned out to be a sh!te manager and Kimberley ended up being the unofficial manager of the group in the early days before Hilary Shaw took over. Maybe Kimberley got sick of Nadines notions (even if they were subconsious) that she carried the group and naturally gravitate to the more ambitious Cheryl. *

It is obvious now that the main "clique" in the group is Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola. What is interesting to note is that Sarah doesn't fall into this clique and has always done her own thing but it has never been an issue. There has never been any Sarah vs ____ nonsense and while she doesn't join the other three in everything they do, they look quite natural together as a foursome when they are together. How is it that the "bitchy girls" as some would like to believe can be so accepting of Sarah coming and going as she pleases but not Nadine?

The problem lies with Nadine. I'm not taking it as gospel but apparently Nadine had her own manager accompany her with Girls Aloud (from Cheryl's biography I think, I will stand corrected). If true, that's just uncalled for. It's like bragging about your new job, while still in your old job. It's not going to endear you to people. When they took their break, everyone assumed that Cheryl would be a joke as a solo artist and that Nadine would be the success as she had a better voice. Look what happened. Cheryl listened to those around her and made smart, professional choices, worked hard to promote herself and became a huge success. She also wised up, shut her gobby mouth and when asked about Nadine, gave professional (if a bit boring :p answers). Nadine on the other hand, made poor choices, dug her heels in and ended up with a crap album on sale in Tesco. She also took the bait from the media and made some silly comments about only singing live or some other sh!te like that. Singing live only matters if you are Adele, if you are a popstar it's not that important (unless stans and hatahs are arguing on the interwebs lol).

Anyways, previewing my post I can't believe I've written so much (I'm super bored tonight :p) but what it comes down to is that (and anyone who knows me as a long term poster will know that I am no Cheryl fan) I don't think that Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola are three plastic Mean Girl bitches who try and sabotage the superior Nadine at every chance. Because I like her as a person, I used to defend her but after that tweet, I can't. Nadine sabotages herself. They had a great tour and were happy to go their own way and Nadine suddenly wades in with "I wanted us to go further" LOL LMAO. What, with all the other girls doing the promotion in the UK and you turning up whenever it suits you????

*Disclaimer: I am in no way saying this is what happened and I am just putting forth a theory. Loads of people have commented on how close Nadine and Kimberley were but no one has any idea why they drifted apart. I just had one, not saying it is right :oI guess we'll never really know ;)

Great post and I agree pretty much with the whole thing.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what does that mean? :confused:

I've just looked it up (the second letter is a L not an i as it appeared) so TL : DR means 'Too Long : Didn't Read'
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

I agree with this whole post.
    Forum Member
    the way Nadine has handled herself when she distanced herself from the group. You have to ask yourself the question: How much of yourself would you invest in someone who considered you a colleague?

Maybe they like Sarah more than Nadine, but why?
    No she wasn't. She had a highly successful career and her lowest selling album still sold more than Nadine's solo effort. Even Cheryl's detractors don't take from that.

There are different types of success and anyone can get a number one. A career based on looks media praise and miming imo isn't success.

For Nadine to suddenly wade in with "I wanted the group to go on" or whatever, was ridiculous.

All Nadine did was Tweet an opinion. I don't think she deserved a "telling off" telling fans how she was really feeling.
    Nadine doesn't have a strong enough voice to cut it as a solo artist.

Nadine has the voice that's why she was tipped to be a solo artist when Girls Aloud first started their break. Nadine's singing has never been the problem. It's always been her work colleagues that haven't been good enough.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

Nadine has the voice that's why she was tipped to be a solo artist when Girls Aloud first started their break. Nadine's singing has never been the problem. It's always been her work colleagues that haven't been good enough.

Of course the failure to launch her successful solo career is everyone elses problem but hers. :rolleyes:

Tweets like this are really unprofessional, especially if you fail to promote the tour/re-union like the rest of the group, as it has been mentioned in this thread.

I'm still wondering from where people got the idea, that GA would not split up after this tour? Didn't Cheryl say it in her book, and many interviews even before they started?
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,968
    Forum Member
    Maybe they like Sarah more than Nadine, but why?

Who knows but they are entitled to their opinion. Maybe she is more likeable :confused:
    There are different types of success and anyone can get a number one. A career based on looks media praise and miming imo isn't success.

'Anyone can get a number one' :eek: That's a preposterous thing to say. I appreciate Cheryl's voice isn't all that and Nadine's is better but the pop industry, the media and the public have always put looks and celebrity status above any talent so why the derision for Cheryl particularly :confused:

Nadine would love to be in Cheryl's position but unfortunately for her it didn't quite work.
    All Nadine did was Tweet an opinion. I don't think she deserved a "telling off" telling fans how she was really feeling.

It's an opinion if if it's someone you like and an attempt at starting a war if it's someone you don't like. I'm indifferent tbh to GA and yet even I can see this was a bitchy unpleasant thing to do and any back lash is deserved.

I am beginning to form an opinion on Nadine now and it's not very positive.

So Nadine would have had a successful solo career if she'd had better work colleagues :confused: I don't know why it failed but it did fail and it's how she has dealt with that failure will be how she's judged now.

Unfortunately for her she sounds like she's bitter.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I've just looked it up (the second letter is a L not an i as it appeared) so TL : DR means 'Too Long : Didn't Read'

what a cheek!
    Forum Member
    Of course the failure to launch her successful solo career is everyone elses problem but hers. :rolleyes:

Nadine probably does partly blame herself, but her solo Music team didn't do her any favours.
    Who knows but they are entitled to their opinion. Maybe she is more likeable :confused:

The other girls have made it clear who they like more.
    The media and the public have always put looks and celebrity status above any talent.

True.
    Nadine would love to be in Cheryl's position but unfortunately for her it didn't quite work.

Disagree, I think Nadine wants to be known based on her amazing talent/s.
    I'm indifferent tbh to GA and yet even I can see this was a bitchy unpleasant thing to do and any back lash is deserved.

Disagree, but Nadine was asked about it, and she Tweeted that answer. :rolleyes:
    So Nadine would have had a successful solo career if she'd had better work colleagues :confused: I don't know why it failed but it did fail and it's how she has dealt with that failure will be how she's judged now.

I think a lot of different people could have helped Nadine's solo album be successful and for one reason or another, they chose not to help her.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What granted can't seem to accept is that within Girls Aloud, Nadine was superior to Cheryl but in the real world, Nadine doesn't have a strong enough voice to cut it as a solo artist.

Exactly right. Louis Walsh was bigging Nadine up from day one by telling her she was the one carrying the group and letting her believe the hype.

As it turns out, she may have the best voice in the group (though had Javine made it, she was far superior imo), that doesn't actually mean she's got enough to be a solo artist.

IMO, she can sing but she doesn't have a great or distinctive voice. She also isn't particularly attractive which matters these days in the pure pop world. add to that the fact she appears to have the personality and charisma of a paper bag and it's no wonder she didn't set the music world alight.
    I'm no fan of Mrs Cole but she does have something about her that people warm to, Nadine doesn't.
    It was the same when Javine got signed. She has a great voice and brought out decent material but she just isn't very likeable and that meant a career that sank
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They sound like a bunch of immature schoolgirls, with an elevated sense of their own importance.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just shows what a bunch of nasty girls they are if they are kicking off over a simple tweet... She is better off away from them

She has real talent.
    Cannot say the same about the others.:yawn:
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree, I think Nadine wants to be known based on her amazing talent/s.

That's her dead in the water then :)
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Exactly right. Louis Walsh was bigging Nadine up from day one by telling her she was the one carrying the group

Louis was right. Nadine did carry the group.
    As it turns out, she may have the best voice in the group doesn't actually mean she's got enough to be a solo artist.

Doesn't that go hand in hand......
    I'm no fan of Tweedy but she does have something about her that people warm to, Nadine doesn't.

Disagree. Nadine has the X factor, so she doesn't have to go on the show to prove it:rolleyes:
    IMO, she can sing but she doesn't have a great or distinctive voice. She also isn't particularly attractive which matters these days in the pure pop world... appears to have the personality and charisma of a paper bag and it's no wonder she didn't set the music world alight.

Ummm......
    Slojo wrote: »
    That's her dead in the water then :)

It's never too late for a girl as talented as Nadine to be a hit. :rolleyes:
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're right that nobody will ever really know. I think sometimes people feel strongly one way or another/or make assumptions about the dynamics of the group based on their own experiences.

It's never black or white. I'm sure they've all wished they done certain things differently at different times.

For example, I think I probably have identified more with Nadine recently because I have worked in places were I've only ever seen people as work colleagues. Possibly because I've had nothing in common with them, or I've been the new employee amongst an already established group of people (I know that's not the case with GA)

And if I've been unhappy in that situation, I have backed away from doing things outside of what was necessary ( a bit like Nadine not wanting to do the more reality TV stuff).

But thinking about it, I have worked places were it could be described I was part of a 'clique', I hate that term but it's the only way to describe it :p . And in that case the couple of us who were close where the only full time workers (whereas every one else worked part time) so we spent the most time working together and got to know each other well. We socialised outside of work also. I thought nothing of it until one day a colleague said she hated the fact that our closeness made her feel like an outsider - I felt awful as a result.