Michael Jackson's blanket of secrecy to be removed?

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    I'm gobsmacked by Katherine Jackson's testimony, she was very close to her son and didn't know about his rehab in 1993? You can see how the Jackson clan operate, if they don't like what they hear they'll turn on that individual and destroy that person's character rather than address the issue.

Her testimony re abuse of drugs must make people wonder if she is a credible witness.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a liability to her own case. You'd think that someone bringing a multi-billion dollar lawsuit would know the basic facts about it, but she seems to know very little. I certainly wouldn't rely on her as a source of accurate information about her son.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    I'm gobsmacked by Katherine Jackson's testimony, she was very close to her son and didn't know about his rehab in 1993? You can see how the Jackson clan operate, if they don't like what they hear they'll turn on that individual and destroy that person's character rather than address the issue.

Her testimony re abuse of drugs must make people wonder if she is a credible witness.
    no surprise to me. she's either completely out of touch or lying and blaming it on memory, or a mix of both. i think she's shot herself in the foot really.

in saying that, a lot of peoples mothers would have no idea what their kids get up to if they do things they don't want spread about. of course the difference is he is famous, but an old woman might not trawl around the internet, and friends and family might not be willing to tell others bad things about what their kids get up to - famous or not

the bit about wikipedia saying shows were sold out when they only sold half. they did the same thing with ALL the this is it shows, said they were sold out when they only sold half the tickets, then announced the managed to make more space, and put the other half onsale
    Forum Member
    Day 54 Jackson vs AEG extracted from tweets by ABC7 Court News.

Katherine Jackson not present in court today.

John Meglen, co-CEO of Concerts West, is back on the stand being questioned by Jessica Bina for AEG. After the initial meeting in 2007, Meglen and Jackson met again in early 2008 and began discussions of what to do and where to go with Jackson's comeback tour. The promoter said they considered London, the biggest market in the world, since it has a new, hot arena. Meglen said they did not want to start the tour in North America because of the historic stuff Michael had gone before in the US. The other option was Asia, Japan especially. He has done a number of other tours in Asia. However, Meglen said the economics wasn't there for Asia, couldn't get a high enough ticket price in China. He said there are a lot of rich people in China, but a lot people with not as much money.

The promoter said normally they talk about show net, what we call artist gross, is when discussing money. "You can't compare net of artists because they all spend differently on the road," Meglen said. Meglen said he was aware of talks about a worldwide tour with Jackson. He explained that the only one that went thru the approval process was the London shows. Meglen would have to approve a worldwide budget, he said. And it all depended on the London shows success and their review.

Meglen said Paul Gongaware called Michael Jackson 'Mikey' because they knew each other. The promoter said AEG advanced the money for "This Is It" tour. For superstars the selling of tickets is kind of a given, so they get out of guarantee and get profit participation. This is the type of deal for Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, Neal Diamond, Meglen testified.

Meglen wasn't involved in the production of ‘This Is It’, he has never met Dr. Murray and has not seen any draft agreement between AEG and the doctor. He has been involved in tours where a doctor was part of the production. He named Rolling Stones, Celine Dion, John Denver. He said you're dealing with singers, sometimes you have a lot of dancers on shows, so doctors, physical therapists, chefs, are not uncommon. Meglen said he had never seen an AEG contract where the artist is required to rehearse. The rehearsal is more for the people around the artist, Meglen said. He said it is very common for artists to use TelePrompTers, Celine Dion also has an ear piece with director speaking to her.

The promoter said the hotels in Las Vegas would not allow an artist to have a residency show with only 2 and 1/2 shows per week. He said the hotels want customers every night, so resident shows need to have a constant schedule and few days off. He said the promoter would be able to survive with only 2 and 1/2 shows per week, but not the artist. Meglen said the average ticket price for a headliner show in Las Vegas currently is $100-$125.

Meglen said he has put together a show idea for Las Vegas involving Michael Jackson, but not a residential show. Meglan proposed to the Estate a Michael Jackson Campus at the Planet Hollywood Hotel, it would involve artifacts in a Jackson exhibition, items from Neverland, 2 restaurants, nightclub and a theatrical show directed by Kenny Ortega. This was after Michael Jackson passed away. Meglen said this was never proposed before he died. Meglen said they wanted to take this to another level, creating an entire campus as opposed to just a show and a boutique.

Meglen said he became aware the Estate of Jackson was in talks with Cirque du Soleil for a show in Vegas, which gave AEG a sense of urgency. The promoter said he got one meeting with the executor of Jackson's Estate, John Branca, but they were already involved with Cirque du Soleil. Meglen said he said he made an offer as attractive or better than Cirque's proposal, there was a guarantee of $60 million over 10 years. "The Estate told us they were not interested," Meglen said. While Michael Jackson was alive, Meglen said the ideal would be to have the artist live as a residency show. But that wasn't an option.

Meglen said he probably has never proposed an India concert. "Nobody goes to India," Meglen said.
    Jacksons attorney objected saying Meglen has no experience in India. Judge sustained.

Meglen explained the stadiums normally don't allow sale of full capacity. The stage is big, when you sell all around is called 360 degrees. The projections the Jacksons expert produced is more than that, Meglen said. He estimated they would sell 220 degrees in Jackson's shows. All stadiums and arenas have suites and the promoters and artists don't get to charge them, Meglen said. People buy the suites on an annual basis and it includes concerts. The building gets the money, not the promoter or artist. Meglen said you can't put an arena show into a stadium, especially because of the size of the stage and the production. It's also much more expensive to do a stadium show, Meglen explained. The Rose Bowl is one of the biggest stadiums in the country and there is the idea that it fits 100k people, Meglen explained. "You're lucky if you can hit 60 (thousand)," Meglen said.

After lunch John Meglen resumed his testimony. Meglen went through Highest Grossing Tours chart created by Arthur Erk from Wikipedia data, Meglen detailed the tours he had promoted. He said he's familiar with endorsements and sponsorship deals involving a tour. Meglen worked on two shows of Jackson's HIStory tour. Meglen said ‘Voodoo Lounge’ (Stones) and ‘Division Bell’ (Pink Floyd) were shows that sold as fast the ‘This Is It’ shows. Meglen testified, “Those were stadiums tours and when we put them on sale we rolled into multiple stadium dates, that's about as high as it gets.” The ‘This Is It’ shows were not the bestselling in his career, because it was a relatively lower ticket price. They sold as many tickets on ‘Voodoo Lounge’ as fast as they sold Jackson.

Meglen said endorsement is when product/company associates name with an artist, artist does commercials. The Rolling Stones sponsorship with Citibank was $2.5 million, which is not near 42% of the gross revenue. There were no endorsements deal for the This Is It tour.
    Forum Member
    Day 54 (Part 2)

Brian Panish for the family began his cross-examination. Meglen said Paul Gongaware and Randy Phillips were very truthful. He did not believe Michael Jackson was the biggest artist of all time, in his opinion as a rocker the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin were the biggest. Meglen said 30% of the numbers that the families expert projected need to be taken out because it gets to the saleable number. "The maximum capacity of shows I've done at the Rose Bowl was 59,570," Meglen testified. Meglen dismissed a claim in Billboard that U2 had 97,000 people attend at the Rose Bowl, he said those numbers are often inflated. Asked if he was expert in stadium, Meglen said, ”I think I am pretty much an expert in the field.” The biggest stadium capacity he played was in Columbus, Ohio for a concert and he got in over 60,000. Meglen

Asked if he will do anything he can to protect AEG, Meglen replied, "I'm here to tell the truth." Brian Panish wanted to know how much Meglen gets paid by AEG. The defendants' attorneys objected, saying it had nothing to do with this case. Panish argued this goes to show a bias. The Judge sustained the objection. Panish asked if Meglen gets paid a lot by AEG. He said a lot to one person is not a lot to another, Meglen said a million a year was lot. He told the court, "I'm not paid a million dollars a year."

Meglen's reference to working with animals related to crews and guys who work like animals assembling shows and taking them down in hours. Meglen was asked if it is ok for AEG to refer to an artist as freak or creepy. "People will use terms about an artist that people have used before," Meglen answered. It was not appropriate for AEG to call artist a freak.

Panish asked if Meglen thought it was appropriate for your lawyers to refer as freaks or creepy? Meglen replied, "I don't believe it is yes or no answer. I believe if people are communicating in a personal level is different from being in public." He explained, "I think when someone is having a private conversation and later if that becomes public, that can change things."

AEG did not hire Celine Dion's doctor her company pays her doctor. AEG did not negotiate Dion's doctor's contract and cannot terminate him. The Rolling Stones tour producer negotiated their doctor’s contract. Meglen said it can be the producer's responsibility to hire the doctor if there is a doctor on the tour, if artist requests them to do that. In a video deposition, shown to the jury, Meglen said it's the producer's responsibility, many times. "It can only be done with the approval of the artist," Meglen said. "You can't hire people in these positions without the artist approval."

Meglen said he was told Michael wanted to bring his doctor on tour. He was not involved in negotiating the contract with Dr. Murray. During one of their executive meetings Paul Gonaware brought to their attention that Murray was asking for $5 million. Meglen said it was kind of understood the amount was excessive and it was not going to happen.

Meglen paid Celine Dion an amount of money, from which she pays the doctor out of that money. Meglen asked Michael if he was interested in doing a Celine-type show and he said no. AEG’policy is that they do not have a deal until they have a signed contract, because Murray agreed to money offer by Jackson via Gongaware does not mean a deal was consummated. It was not common at the executive committee to talk about an artist's doctor, probably never happened before. Only Rolling Stones and Celine Dion have had doctors on tour under AEG.

The Rolling Stones doctor worked for the band, which means he worked for the principals and band members. AEG paid the band advance/other securities, doesn't know if the Rolling Stones have to pay it back, AEG did not produce the Rolling Stones show, they only promoted the Rolling Stones tour. Meglen said Dion's doctor was her responsibility to pay. "AEG does not pay doctors," Meglen said. "We do not hire doctors, we could advance on behalf of artists. I know we don't hire doctors,"

Meglen had spoken to Mr. Anschutz who told Meglen he thought the trial was going fine, they had not presented their case yet. Panish showed the picture of Jackson in June 2009. Meglen said Jackson looked skinner than when he saw him. "I'm not a doctor. It's not for me to decide whether being slender is healthy or not healthy," Meglen explained. Panish asked about the meeting with Jackson in 2007, "I'm very proud of the assets of AEG, but I don't think I was bragging about it." Meglen said he would not go in a meeting about movies since he is not in the movie business. He said he showed the company's movie sizzle reel (showreel) to Jackson because he wanted to show the quality of their work.

The Judge adjourned the session for the day.
    Forum Member
    Do the numbers add up?
    During the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial on Tuesday, AEG Live questioned the star's ability to pull in concertgoers. The defense called John Meglen, co-CEO of Concerts West, to the stand.
    Forum Member
    Spectator banned...
    A spectator attending the civil trial over Michael Jackson's death was banned Wednesday by a judge after he snapped a photo in a courthouse hallway that included jurors hearing the case.

Bailiffs confiscated cellphone and ordered him to return on Thursday to find out whether the ban will remain in place or other disciplinary actions will be taken.

Wagener, 67, said he posts updates on the trial on Facebook and YouTube and has sold rights to videos he made during Jackson's 2005 criminal trial.
    Forum Member
    Katherine Jackson a loss of memory or caught lying?

Report from Associated Press...
    ...in a videotaped testimony, one of Jackson's former physicians described how in 2002 he placed an implant in Jackson's abdomen to block the effects of opioid medications such as Demerol.

Dr. Alimorad Farschcian said Jackson told him that he wanted to stop taking Demerol....Miami based physician became close to the entertainer after treating him for a sprained ankle, spending time at Neverland Ranch and meeting Jackson's mother on Christmas Day in 2002.

Farschcian said the implant kept the singer off of Demerol for at least nine months and Jackson's mother Katherine seemed pleased when he described it to her and her son showed her the device.

Earlier this week Katherine Jackson said she never saw the device or could prove Michael abused prescription medications.
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Katherine Jackson a loss of memory or caught lying?

Report from Associated Press...

Earlier this week Katherine Jackson said she never saw the device or could prove Michael abused prescription medications.

of course she said that , they want to portray this angelic misunderstood figure who had no childhood .
    when he was nothing of the sort , manipulative druggie would be more fitting .
    Forum Member
    TMZ are reporting Debbie Rowe is due to give evidence next week regarding Jackson's misuse of medications.
    Debbie Rowe will testify in the Michael Jackson wrongful death case that MJ was a SECRET, hardcore drug addict for decades ... she knew Michael was abusing some prescription meds, but had no idea his habit was so out of control.

Rowe will say Michael kept the extent of his drug abuse a secret from her -- We're told she will say she called Klein after Michael died and said, "What the f**k did you give him? He's dead and it's your fault." She then hung up on him.

She'll also say she's the only person in Michael's world who could control him -- that she's the only one (including Michael's family) who would say "NO."

In another TMZ report, Dr. Murray is said to have threatened to drop a nuclear bombshell about Jackson's relationship with his family if AEG & the Jackson's don't stop harassing him to testify. In a phone message Murray said Michael had severed all relationships with his extended family.
    Forum Member
    Day 55 Jacksons vs AEG extracts from tweets by ABC7 Court News.

Katherine Jackson was present with Trent Jackson.

Brian Panish attorney for the family resumed his cross examination of John Meglen. Panish returned to the question of the capacity of the Rose Bowl and the disputed figures for a U2 concert. Meglen repeated he didn’t believe the figures reported by Billboard magazine. There was a lengthy exchange between Panish & Meglen, with Panish attempting to show the capacity for concerts is 97,000 and Meglen disputing the figure. "No one from U2's group told me that 97,000 people did not attend the Rose Bowl," Meglen said. Meglen explained he based his opinion on his experience promoting and producing stadium shows for 35 years. Meglen smiled at Panish, who asked “Is it funny Mr. Meglen?” The Judge told Mr. Panish, not to argue and she shook her head.

Meglen said he's been working with Paul Gongaware for 35 years. He disagrees with Gongaware that the sale of Jackson's tickets was the fastest ever in the industry but he agreed this is the most amazing ticket sales Mr. Gongaware has ever seen.

Meglen was unable to say if he agreed with Randy Phillips believe Mr. Jackson had an obligation to attend rehearsal, as he didn’t know the context. Randy may have felt Michael was obligated, but Meglen didn't know if it was contractually obligated. He agreed that an artist should go to some of the rehearsals. Asked if he agreed with Randy Phillips that Jackson was a bigger artist than Celine Dion, Meglen said in his opinion Celine is right up there with Michael Jackson and is bigger.

Meglen's video deposition was played, where he was asked when he recalled the negotiations with Jackson started. Meglen said Summer or Fall 2008. Pansih asked,”Is that the truth or not, sir? Or you don't know the truth?” To which Meglen replied, “It's the truth, but I'm not good with dates, need to look at my calendar.”

Meglen said he was not at the table during the negotiation, he was not personally involved, face to face, with Jackson's people. It was his job to review any negotiations people were having regarding the tour. He was involved in the internal discussions, in conversations with Paul Gongaware and Randy Phillips. He never reviewed the contract as was being drafted, Meglen said. He was not involved in "This Is It" movie. Panish said he was credited as co-producer of the movie, Meglen said he was a co-producer of the show not the movie. Meglen explained Gongaware has not been involved in Celine Dion's tour, but they give each other credit.

The exec said he gave input in ticket prices, scaling and places to have the show. Panish played video deposition, where Meglen said he doesn't recall if he was involved in the forecast for Jackson tour. Timm Wooley is a friend of Meglen. They haven't discussed the trial. The last time they saw each other was in London for Rolling Stones show. Wooley doesn't work for AEG, but for Rolling Stones now. Hougdahl "Bugzee" is working for Shania Twain.

Panish showed an email from Gongaware about first draft of worldwide tour projection. It lists "net to Mikey $132 million." Gongaware wrote it was a big number, but it’s number Jackson will not want to hear, he thinks he is so much bigger than that. Gongaware suggested using the gross figures of half a billion, if they need to use numbers with Mikey listening. Asked if Paul Gongaware was suggesting to lie to Michael Jackson, Meglen replied, “No he is not.”

Panish to Meglen,”You told us yesterday no one goes to India.” Meglen replied,”Not that many do. Again, I told you very few people, no one as in few people.” Panish asked, “Is Beyonce no one? Meglen said, “No, she's very popular.” Meglen had no idea Beyonce had been to India. Panish said Mumbia had a population of billions, he later had to correct, he should have said millions. "I understand you are mistaken," Meglen said. "It doesn't mean you are a liar." Panish said he would not respond to Meglen's comment. Meglen explained about India, "I don't think it's a small market, I think it's an under developed market." He knows Michael Jackson played India. Panish asked,”When you testified yesterday, you didn't know anyone that had gone to India, correct?” Meglen said, “No, that's not correct.”

Meglen said he does not believe Jackson could sell 200 shows in London. Panish said Randy Phillips said that. "My opinion is no, that he could not have done 200 shows in London," Meglen testified.
    Meglen said Phillips was more hands on than he was in "This Is It" tour. "I don't know if I agree there were 525,000 people in the queue, everybody exaggerates, and when something is hot everyone wants to take it to the moon," Meglen said. Panish asked Meglen to assume Randy Phillips told the truth. "I know it's a big assumption," Panish said. Defendants' attorney objected, the judge sustained it and asked to go to sidebar to talk to attorneys, they went to judge's chamber and talked for about 10 minutes. They came back and judge broke session for lunch.
    Forum Member
    Day 55 (Part 2)

After lunch Brian Panish continued his cross-examination of John Meglen. Meglen confirmed there are a lot of stadiums in the world that hold more than 60,000. Megan could not recall how many times Jackson sold out in London. Questioning switched back to doctors, AEG promoted and produced the worldwide tour by Leonard Cohen. Panish asked, ”Did you hire a doctor for Leonard Cohen?”, Meglen replied, “We do not hire doctors.”

Meglen said he was aware of a CEO being involved in doing an intervention with an artist, in the early 80s, not at AEG. He was involved minimally in the intervention. Meglen said he has not had emails from show managers at AEG saying the artist was deteriorating. "I've had situation where the production manager had emails about the artist's behavior," Meglen testified. "I've had situations where artists had been sick before, yes," Meglen said. He had never called a doctor for 30 minutes to discuss an artist's condition. Meglen testified he had not seen an email saying AEG wanted to remind the doctor they are paying the bill.

Meglen told the court, "We don't hire doctors, if the artist wants his doctor there, the way we check that out we go to the artist." Meglen explained, "If I'm asking the artist if that's his doctor, that's throughly checking him out." Meglen testified Jackson told him he did not want to do a residency show in Las Vegas, Meglen said he thought Jackson would have to do over 2.5 shows a week or there couldn't have been such a deal.

In re-direct, Jessica Bina for AEG asked about the proposal for the Las Vegas show in 2010 with Jackson's Estate. "There are numbers for per week, per year for the first 5 performance years, then next 5 performance years," Meglen explained. Meglen said he became aware Cirque du Soleil was anxious to get a deal done with the Estate to have a Jackson show, he said his argument was that there was something better to do.

Bina asked if artist is in the middle of stadium with microphone if there are reasons the show couldn't be filled to capacity. Meglan said no, but doesn’t happen very often. The artist has to be comfortable with all around stage, production becomes very challenging and incredibly expensive as well as sales. "This Is It" was not set to be a 360 degree show, Meglen said. He noted it was quite the opposite. Jackson's production was $26-$27 million. For the ‘This Is It’ tour to become 360 degree pretty much would have to be a new production. Meglen explained 180-240 degrees in front of the stage is the standard in the business. The executive said there was never a conversation about making TII show 360 degree.

Meglen said putting 13 million tickets on sale was not on his mind. He expected the London shows to do well. The executive said when Jackson said "This is It" people thought that was it, but if he went to other cities, this was not it after all. Meglen said that at the time Jackson died there were only 50 shows agreed with AEG. Meglen said that for lower ticket price ‘This Is It’ was a great sale.

In response to Panish, Meglen confirmed Paul Gongaware and Randy Phillips more involved in ‘This Is It’ than himself. The executive said he never told Gongaware and Phillips the worldwide projection was bad, only that he thought it was a long ways to get to the end. Meglen said Beatles' "Love" and Cirque du Soleil "O" are two of the most successful conceptional shows.

Bina showed Gongaware's email again. Drawing attention to words such as, ‘Here's the first-draft look at a worldwide tour... you can't pin this down now... too many variables.’ Meglen said if Michael was still alive and touring, he would not be interested in doing a Jackson conceptual show.

Brian Panish asked if Jackson wanted to go worldwide, AEG would've been able to make that happen? Meglen said he could've set up the arrangements. "I cannot tell you how many more Michael Jackson tours he could've done it, it's pure speculation," Meglen said. Asked if he knew Jackson told his children they would go on a world tour? Meglen said, ”I have no idea.”

Meglen was excused.
    Forum Member
    Day 55 (Part 3)

The next defendant's witness, via video deposition, was Dr. Alimorad Farshchian. Deposition was in August 2012. Marvin Putnam did the questioning. Dr. Farshchian went to Rutger's University, graduated in 1983, he went to medical school in Saint Lucia in 1987. After that he did cardiac research at SUNY in Brooklyn for 3-4 years. Dr. Farshchian is not board certified. Center for Regenerative Medicine is his practice in Florida, he's the medical director.

Dr. Farshchian treated MJ in April 2001 and stopped in 2003. 'I was one of his doctors," he said.
    Dr. Farshchian said Jackson was having an issue with his ankle. That was more like a sprained ankle that was not healing and he had to continue to dance on it, he was supposed to perform at Madison Square Garden. "He made an appointment like everybody else," Dr. Farshchian said.

Putnam asked if Jackson wanted to get off drugs, if that happened at the hotel in a second meeting with the doctor. He said yes. "He was trying to get off Demerol," Dr. Farshchian said. Jackson told him he had a problem with the drug. Dr. Farshchian said Jackson's main concern was his kids. At that point, to the doctor was just a regular patient. Dr Farshchian testified, when he got to know Jackson he visited him at the hotel, read a little about him on the internet, then realized was ongoing problem.

Asked if Jackson told him he was addicted to Demerol? Dr. Farshchian said, “Not in certain words.”
    Eventually Jackson sought treatment with the doctor. Because Jackson travelled Dr. Farshchian he needed something to be on him, he chose Naltrexone. The drug inhibits the effects of the narcotics, it stops giving you the euphoria. Dr. Farshchian implanted more a patch of the drug 5, it normally lasts 60-90 days in the body. Dr. Farshchian said in training in family medicine, he learned about psychiatry and drug dependency. The doctor said carrying an implant in you, can carry a risk of infection. That could be a reason they don't do it that much now. Jackson’s skin would have allergy from the patch, he wouldn't be very comfortable with it. It's usually placed in the abdomen lower than belly button, right or left side, and removed after 90 days.
    Forum Member
    Day 55 (Part 4)

It appears Dr. Farshchian kept a record.
    21 Jul 02 -- sent more information about Buprenex, since did not get any respond (sic) from him and attempt to intervene.

Jackson had some sort of infection on his leg, he was going to Germany at the time, so Dr Farshchian went with him for treatment of his condition

20 Oct 02 -- patient states he need some help him with his addiction problem. He does not wish to go to an outpatient rehab facility despite the pressure from family. Discussed with him option of Naltrexone.

Dr. Farshchian said Jackson was adamant about not going to rehab facility. He was concerned about his privacy and paparazzi.

04 Nov 11 -- Jackson's weight was 128 -- pre-procedure, cut the skin, insert implant chip of Naltrexone.

Dr. Farshchian used local anesthesia with lidocaine 1%, done as outpatient in doctor's office in Miami.

06 Nov 02 -- phone call, states he's doing well tolerating minimum agitation, little insomnia
    Dr. Farshchian said it was a 10 hour production to go from Neverland to Miami. Jackson said he was going to see a psychologist.

"Jackson was very private with everything," Dr. Farshchian said. At the time, he was complaining of insomnia. He was seeing a herbologist for it. Dr. Farshchian said Jackson always had trouble sleeping. "To me his insomnia was caused, possibly, you have this area inside the nose...called turbinates, if you reduced it's called empty nose syndrome, to me that was the cause of that. Putnam asked if parts of Jackson’s nose were missing? Dr. Farshchian’s response, “ Portions of his nose were taken out two days later, Jackson reported good nights.”

26 Nov 02[/B] -- ankle wound is better, but he had taken the implant out by a physician at home, wishes to do another implant

Dr. Farshchian said Michael had a local doctor who didn't know what the patch was and removed it. Jackson would itch it, had some skin rash. Michael really wanted to do this, he came back to get the procedure done, Dr. Farshchian said.

26 Nov 02 -- second procedure of Naltrexone
    27 Nov 02 -- no nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. Abdomen implant well placed Naltrexone implant: continue current treatment, patient sober x 20 days
    29 Nov 02 -- feels very good, sleeping well. No sign of opiate withdrawal.

Dr. Farshchian: My practice is completely orthopedic regeneration. He said he treats arthritis and orthopedic conditions.

02 Dec 02 -- feels very good, sleeping well Patient sober, now going over the 12 steps with him

Dr. Farshchian: Each of the steps is somewhat connected of asking God to help you get strength to battle addiction. There was a period of time Jackson stayed with Dr. Farshchian, he stayed over two times, the children one time. The doctor lives in North Miami Beach, Bay Harbor Island. Grace Rwamba might've stayed at the house as well. Dr. Farshchian said he converted his garage into a bedroom for Jackson. He never treated Jackson at the house.

04 Dec 02 -- Narcan implant at its place Exercised the 12 steps with him
    20 Jan 03 -- patient returns for another implant, been sober for more than 2 months, states been following the 12 step program Weight: 135 lbs
    03 Apr 03 -- patient returns for another implant, sober for almost 6 months following 12 step program at least once a week with private social worker
    02 Jul 03 -- patient returned for another implant, sober for almost 9 months, good with 12 step program

Patient can follow up with local physician at this point. Dr. Farshchian said he thought it was enough, the treatment was done.
    The next time Dr. Farshchian saw Michael was the weekend after he was arrested. He was not doing too good but he was not using drugs.
    Dr. Farshchian testified there was an attempted intervention by the family, before or after spring 2002, not sure, but Jackson was very difficult to get to, bodyguard, so it may not have happened
    Dr. Farshchian is not aware of Jackson doing any other outpatient treatment. When Jackson's third child, Blanket, was just born, there was 'a monkey on his back' (Demerol), he didn't want to do it anymore. Dr. Farshchian said he didn't know why Jackson became addicted or started taking Demerol. The doctor said Jackson did not abuse other drugs or alcohol.

Jackson was seeing other doctors in California. Dr. Farshchian doesn’t know Dr. William Van Valin, Steven Hoefflin or Dr. Murray. Had heard about Dr. Arnold Klein through the media. Heard Dr. Metzger being Jackson's physician in LA, spoke to him about implants, what to do about it, how he should look.

Last time Dr. Farshchian spoke with Mrs. Jackson was at the funeral. Before that he spoke with her at a 2002 Christmas at Neverland. He said he also had a phone call with Mrs. Jackson where she wanted to know about the implants. Michael called Mrs. Jackson and Dr. Farshchian said he was treating Jackson for addiction to Demerol. Dr. Farshchian understood Katherine Jackson was concerned about Micheal’s health. The doctor doesn't recall the conversation, but once Katherine understood the procedure he said she was happy. Dr. Farshchian testified that once at Neverland Michael showed his mother the implant. She was very happy about it. The last time he spoke with Jackson on the phone was in the Winter of 2004.

The doctor's first impression was that Jackson wanted to get better for the kids' sake.

That was the end of the video deposition. The Judge adjourned the trial.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he makes pete docherty seem like an angel!
    Forum Member
    The letter sent on 21 July 2002 was seized by the police when they raided Neverland in 2003.
    Dearest MJ

Hi and how are you,

I am not sure if you received my package earlier, so I am sending it again.

it's a 5-7 day program that offers you the solution.

Buprinex is the potent narcotic I told you about last week, it is just like the D but better.

I have every thing ready, This Is It. Do it before you start your second chapter. You are the best you are an ICON and you belong to the TOPS. "U aint seen Nothin yet". Lets do it as soon as possible read the attached and call me.

Other parts of the letter can be found amongst these photos of items found at Neverland by the police.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unique wrote: »
    he makes pete docherty seem like an angel!

Theres an epidemic of prescription drug abuse in Hollywood. MJ isn't the first and certainly won't be the last star to die from an accidental overdose. There was a suggestion that MJ's addiction began due to his use of pain killers after he was burnt during the pepsi commercial years back but it was probably only a matter of time. I suppose at least MJ was trying to kick the habit and does appear to have been sober for periods of time.

In one documentary they even showed how there are doctors in hollywood who are effectively just delivery people who do house calls and drop off the drugs for their clients.
    Forum Member
    Earlier in the trial an expert for the family said Debbie Rowe was giving Jackson Propofol or the equivalent on the 1992/93 Dangerous tour. Dr. Finkelstein said on the same tour he was asked to treat Jackson and make-up artist Karen Faye handed him 2 vials of Demerol in her name that were for Michael Jackson.

In the late 70's & early 80's Jackson frequented New York's 'Studio 54' which was famous for the free flowing cocaine. Could Jackson have started there and things progressed?

Assuming the Miami doctor is being truthful, makes Katherine Jackson's assurances about Michael very doubtful.
    Forum Member
    ABC7's summary of Dr. Alimorad Farschian's testimony plus video.
    There's a major development in the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial regarding the singer's use of drugs. Newly revealed testimony appears to contradict the recent testimony of Jackson's mother, who claimed to have no knowledge of her son's past addiction.

Jurors heard the most explicit details yet of Jackson's treatment for addiction. It was 2002, seven years before Jackson's death from the anesthetic propofol. Jackson's youngest son had just been born. Dr. Alimorad Farschian said Jackson wanted off of the painkiller demerol.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if there will ever be a release of all the facts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theres an epidemic of prescription drug abuse in Hollywood. MJ isn't the first and certainly won't be the last star to die from an accidental overdose. There was a suggestion that MJ's addiction began due to his use of pain killers after he was burnt during the pepsi commercial years back but it was probably only a matter of time. I suppose at least MJ was trying to kick the habit and does appear to have been sober for periods of time.

In one documentary they even showed how there are doctors in hollywood who are effectively just delivery people who do house calls and drop off the drugs for their clients.

this has been going on for decades. dr finkelstein reminds me of "dr everythingwillbealright makes everything go wrong, pills and thrills and daffodils will kill" a prophetic line perhaps. remember pink floyds the wall and comfortably numb? there's loads of songs about it.
    Forum Member
    I wonder if there will ever be a release of all the facts

The problem is so many people have lied out of misplaced loyalty for Michael Jackson, the facts get lost in a web of lies. Michael Jackson was lying to his family, the family lied on his behalf, he surrounded himself with people who did his bidding. As witnessed this week from Katherine Jackson if anyone broke ranks they'd be verbally assaulted by the Jackson clan and those in the pay of Michael Jackson. The aim being to make the individual the target of the media rather than the facts.

And in various cases his lawyers have successfully stopped certain information being presented in court, such as yesterday (Day 56).
    Forum Member
    Interesting/coincidence?

A doctor treating Michael Jackson for an ankle injury in 2002 and not an addiction specialist, ends up treating him for abuse of Demerol.

A cardiologist treating Jackson's children for coughs & sneezes in 2006, who has no specialist knowledge of sleep deprivation, ends up treating Jackson with Propofol for insomnia.
    Forum Member
    Day 56 a summary from ABC7
    Jurors heard testimony that Jackson was a frequent visitor to several doctors....David Fournier, a nurse anesthetist and defense witness for AEG, said he sedated or monitored Jackson 35 times under various physicians from 1993 to 2003.

Fournier said he used propofol or other painkillers because Jackson sometimes received 50 to 100 injections at a time of Botox or cosmetic fillers.

Fournier says there came a time he believed Jackson was not telling the truth.

The final straw, he said, was when Jackson came to the surgery center and was not right.....Jackson was "goofy, slow to respond."

Jackson denied any drug-use and Fournier canceled the treatment. He testified that Jackson, his friend by then, never contacted him again.
    Forum Member
    The Associated Press account of Day 56.
    Jackson was acting "goofy" and was slow to respond to standard questions before a scheduled cosmetic surgery that was canceled after Fournier refused to administer an anesthetic, he said.

The incident came a few months after Fournier said he had to help Jackson breath while undergoing another procedure and later determined that Jackson had not disclosed a new medical condition.