124»

Comments

• Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    A wee Daschund .

I have two dogs, both bitches. but never allowed on the bed..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Ok you ladies have put the wind up me now. What the hell do you do if you have a power cut during the night and are alone? I don't have any candles, lighter, match or a torch. Hate being in the dark. :blush: My cat won't be much good apart from tripping me up. Sorry Zoepaul for taking your thread ot. Just realized I am a total wimp. :D
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two dogs, both bitches. but never allowed on the bed..

I have a wee dog and a big Maine **** cat on the bed. They keep me warm.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Ok you ladies have put the wind up me now. What the hell do you do if you have a power cut during the night and are alone? I don't have any candles, lighter, match or a torch. Hate being in the dark. :blush: My cat won't be much good apart from tripping me up. Sorry Zoepaul for taking your thread ot. Just realized I am a total wimp. :D

If a gale is forecast I fill a huge flask with boiling water. Put a hot water bottle in the bed. I have several torches and candles strategically place . The animals see in the dark :D
  • Options
    ChocolateCheeseChocolateCheese Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Velvet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    A fitted bedsheet. one double duvet and 6 pillows :-) also my partner and dog!
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    sheet, 4 pillows and a duvet

2 cats right now

I am finding I can't sleep in my bed at the moment as it reminds me too much of sleeping there with someone I love who doesn't love me so I end up on the sofa every night
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    A duvet, on top of that a sheet, a duvet, some cushions, a throw, probably my husband's towel (he never seems to fold it or hang it up) and possibly the cat who likes sleeping on my husband's towel.
  • Options
    El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom sheet.
    2 quilts (13.5 tog)
    Electric blanket.

Jesus! :o Have you not heard of 'central heating' :D That does not sound healthy to be under all that and an electric blanket! Are you a reptile? :p
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I heard on the radio about a greyhound who bit a lady's nose off in the night and they never found it. The animal expert said he probably had a nightmare. Yeah, a nightmare about how tasty people's noses were.

Haa! :D
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    willow32 wrote: »
    I'm treating myself to one of these this month. The reviews are very positive. Are they as lovely as everyone is saying?

I wouldn't be without it now. I developed terrible back pain after having my daughter 12 years ago. I literally couldn't lie in the same position for 10 minutes without pain. I had to gradually turn over inch by inch. My mum bought me a Tempur style topper and it solved my pain over night. The downside is I find it really warm but that's a small price to pay.