do you wear a crucifix ?

124»

Comments

• Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a couple of them but haven't worn them in ages.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eddeva wrote: »
    The Celtic knot is a beautiful touch :)

I love it :)
  • OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I change which necklace I wear every few weeks. I have a diamond and sapphire cross and a diamond infinity loop that where gifts from my nanna, a gold crucifix that belonged to my other nanna (her rosary beads also live in my jewellery box, but in a container to hold in the scent), and a Star of David that belonged to my great nanna.

All my jewellery either belonged to someone else or was given to me by someone else. I wear them because of the personal meaning to me rather than for the religion they represent.

I also wear a claddagh ring and a bracelet with a Saint charm, though I'm not too sure what Saint it is.
  • littleboolittleboo Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    You've just said many a war has been started through religion, so it's hardly causing peace is it?!

I'm not saying there'd be everlasting peace, however I do think the world would be a far better place without religion.

What percentage of wars have been started in the name of religion? I don't know but imagine it's quite high.

According to the Encyclopedia of Wars, 7% of wars throughout history are classed as religious. And the numbers killed in religious wars are dwarfed by those killed in other wars, just look at WW1 and WW2
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    No I don't, I do have rosary beads though, given as a gift from my Communion.
    I'm no longer a practising Catholic, so don't bother to wear the beads.