Options

Shampoo for 'thin' hair?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
Forum Member
I'm looking for shampoo to make my hair thicker.
I used to use Pantene Full and Thick but it looks like it's been discontinued, despite the fact that the conditioner version is still available.

All I seem to be able to find is shampoo or treatment for hair which is thin'ning' through hair loss - rather than hair which is just naturally thin.
So I don't particularly want to go down that route.

Anyone else in this situation? Any recommendations? I'd prefer something the same price as your standard Pantene/Loreal/Head n Shoulders .etc.

Comments

• Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you mean thin hair or fine hair?

I have very fine hair and I use Loreal Elvive Nutri Gloss Light. It doesn't make my hair thicker as such but as so many shampoos are too heavy for my hair and make it look lank the Loreal makes it look in good condition and that makes it look as though there is more of it, rather than thicker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah thats what I mean. Am not so good with the lingo!! ;)

I just need something which doesn't weigh it down so much but keeps it in good nick.
    The full and thick one did that and seemed to give it a bit more 'volume' too but its apparent replacement, Volume and Body was more creamy in texture and seemed to weigh my hair down.
  • Options
    AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have really fine hair and had to borrow my Mum's shampoo the other day and it was amazing - it was Aussie brand, a shampoo/conditioner volumising one. I forget the exact name, but it was brilliant!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Dove 2 in 1's good makes your hair look alot thicker i use that it also makes it look really soft and shiny :D
  • Options
    KanKanKanKan Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Hi

I have really thin hair, and have used tonnes of different products. At the moment I am using Tresemme 24 hour body shampoo and conditioner and it does make a difference. Once my hair gets used to it I will have to find something else! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the advice guys!

I bought Tresemme Healthy Volume after work today ("contains thickening ingredients, adds volume without weight.")
    http://www.tresemme.co.uk/product.aspx?id=Silk-n-Protein-Healthy-Volume-Shampoo
    It's easy to get and a good price.

I'll give it a go but if it's no good I'll defo try some of the ones you've mentioned! :)
  • Options
    broonalebroonale Posts: 5,472
    Forum Member
    I've been using the L'Oreal range for quite a while now (I get called that too, lol). I have loads of hair which is naturally thick (and wavy). But the L'Oreal products don't seem to work too well in the winter months so I was going to try the TREsemmé range along with a DHT blocker to help slow down any hair loss.