Options

Ordering online with Matalan (delivery question)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
Forum Member
Two points regarding the above subject matter...

1. this may be more of a general observation rather than me seeking advice, just wondering if anyone else has experience of ordering from matalan and what their delivery times are like? the estimated delivery date guide (http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/content/delivery-and-returns/content) doesn't make much sense to me, maybe I'm reading it incorrectly? If I order on a Friday after 12pm I should expect a delivery on Thursday. If I order on a Saturday before 12pm I should expect delivery on a Wednesday? So if I understand that correctly, if I order right now, it will take an estimated one day longer to get to me than if I wait until tomorrow morning and order it?!!!

2. does anyone know which delivery service they use? as i don't know whether to expect the delivery wed or thursday I prob won't be in; getting to the Royal Mail, ParcelForce and CitiLink depots is quite easy for me, any other service is quite a journey and I probably won't order.

Cheers for your help.

If anyone else can offer advice on how to ask a simple question without making an entire essay out of it, that would also be appreciated. But the Matalan query is more urgent...!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I ordered a coat from them on Monday and it was delivered on Wed, by DHL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oooh, thanks for that... DHL.... hmmm, I think I'll just have to wait for the store to finally get my size in stock then as the DHL office is a right old nuisance to get to without a set of wheels. Cheers.
  • Options
    YosemiteYosemite Posts: 6,192
    Forum Member
    RiverChelt wrote: »
    If I order on a Friday after 12pm I should expect a delivery on Thursday. If I order on a Saturday before 12pm I should expect delivery on a Wednesday? So if I understand that correctly, if I order right now, it will take an estimated one day longer to get to me than if I wait until tomorrow morning and order it?!!!

Yes, it does read that way.

The delivery dates quoted for "after 12pm" orders placed on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays do not meet the claimed "up to 4 working days including the day you order" anyway. They are all 5 working days ...

It was probably written by a halfwit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yosemite wrote: »
    It was probably written by a halfwit.

I was thinking I was the halfwit for reading it incorrectly... thanks for confirming that it doesn't really make sense!
  • Options
    YosemiteYosemite Posts: 6,192
    Forum Member
    RiverChelt wrote: »
    I was thinking I was the halfwit for reading it incorrectly... thanks for confirming that it doesn't really make sense!

No problem.

Dealing with halfwits has become such an unavoidable necessity these days that I've almost started to enjoy it.
  • Options
    squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to say, I've used them a few times and delivery has always been withn 48hrs, they've always been excellent.