Options

HTC Wildfire - Facebook mad?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
Forum Member
Hi, im thinking about getting an HTC Wildfire - looks like a nice phone and seems the best out of the cheaper smart phones.

Just wondering though as I've read a lot about Facebook integration... is the phone software completely covered head to toe in mentions of facebook, facebook logos, information .etc

I have no interest in the site and cant really be bothered being reminded of it every time I use my phone. Will this be impossible or is there an option to disable facebook integration/contain it to one app which I can simply ignore?

Also, any owner's opinions on it would be greatly appreciated as I havent had a chance to try one out yet.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you don't enter a facebook account in accounts/sync you can enjoy a facebook free life :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chaos77 wrote: »
    if you don't enter a facebook account in accounts/sync you can enjoy a facebook free life :p
    Aaah thanks! That is a relief! ;)
    I'm sure we will all eventually be required by law to sign up, but for now...
  • Options
    chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, i avoided it for years eventually getting nagged from family/friends to open an account. :)
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing you will see is a facebook app in the menu and the occasional mention if you choose to "share" something like a picture or a new article etc. I have facebook set up on my Desire but it's hardly intrusive at all (i don't have sync turned on).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    The only thing you will see is a facebook app in the menu and the occasional mention if you choose to "share" something like a picture or a new article etc. I have facebook set up on my Desire but it's hardly intrusive at all (i don't have sync turned on).
    Good stuff cheers.
    I was hoping it wouldnt be permanently emblazoned over the phonebook and caller id so that's good.
    chaos77 wrote: »
    yes, i avoided it for years eventually getting nagged from family/friends to open an account. :)
    Haha same here but I'm managing to resist so far. I don't mind some social sites like photo sharing .etc but cba with another Bebo/Myspace/Facebook clone.