Kirsty. The new Pendleton. Please save us all....

Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She just does not improve each week.

I fear we might reach Pendleton Week 8 levels with her. Hope she is in the dance off.

Also it comes across like she is not even trying. Like she has given up. I know Brendan certainly has.

What do y'all think? :)

Comments

• Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She staggers about at times and until I took a proper look I thought her and Brendan had rubbed muck on their faces last night.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    she has significant balance problems, but as ever brendan doesn't really work at it and sort of gives up in disgust, which i have little doubt he communicates to his partners.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    She always looks seriously peed off with the judges comments. Whatever positive spin comes out of her mouth with Claudia she always seems furious. I think she thinks she's better than she is and doesn't deserve the poor scores she's getting.
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes me laugh how she always looks so puzzled by negative critiques. As if she thinks she's done a wonderful dance but nobody else agrees :D
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is wishing she has never said yes to SCD. She thought it would be easier.

I mean, it's only dancing after all. How hard can that be? Besides, she's beautiful.

And then she met Brendan 'Brenda'.

The last person on earth you want to be your partner, if you haven't actually got any natural talent, a short attention span and a loathing of a dull intellect, is Brenda. This is the ultimate Drag Her Around the Floor maestro.

Kirsty is very, very beautiful but has absolutely no natural talent for dance, balance or grace. I call her the Drag Doll. Is she happy? Are you kidding?

Someone needs to save her from herself and from Brenda. Soon.
  • DalwhatDalwhat Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    It makes me laugh how she always looks so puzzled by negative critiques. As if she thinks she's done a wonderful dance but nobody else agrees :D

I think she's probably one of these dreadfully precious princesses who has had everything given to her that she's asked for and traded much on her looks. When it comes down to talent, or lack thereof, she will throw a strop and call foul. From the looks of it Brendan has little time for that type of attitude either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Pendleton knew she was shit though. Kirsty thinks she's good - you can see her barely disguised rage at the judges' comments every week.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirsty is an unfortunate mix of the talent of Pendledrama with the competitiveness of Gaby Logan :o
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,087
    Forum Member
    Pendleton knew she was shit though. Kirsty thinks she's good - you can see her barely disguised rage at the judges' comments every week.

Yes, agree with this. I'd liken Kirsty more to other deluded "dancers" from previous series, like Kenny Logan and Craig Kelly. Having said that, neither of them reacted quite as badly to criticism as does Princess Kirsty.
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a good half or Kirsty's problems lie with her pro partner.. can't abide Brendan and only applies himself to his celeb when it suits him it seems.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Kirsty is an unfortunate mix of the talent of Pendledrama with the competitiveness of Gaby Logan :o

Indeed.
    It makes her very uncomfortable to watch from the moment she sets foot on the dance floor (or not depending on Brendan's choreography ;-)) until the moment after she receives the last score. Neither her dance nor her reaction to it is an easy thing to witness.
  • Gullible PublicGullible Public Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not disagreeing with what anyone has said, but Brendan is the last person she should have been partnered with. He isn't a patient enough partner and frankly speaking I think he's had his time on strictly.

He's been dragging people around for years now, instead of adapting to the standard that his partner is capable of and using that as a starting point.
  • MaggieMcGeeMaggieMcGee Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The difference between Kirsty and Victoria is that Victoria could dance when she relaxed. Check out her salsa, her last dance and compare it to her samba, for example. Look back at her ballroom routines. I'm not saying she was wonderful but she had some movement. What spoilt some of her routines was her self consciousness and perfectionism. Kirsty cannot dance imnsho. :D
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Is it bad that, with her balance issues, I hope that she gets to do a VW before she goes out of the competition :D
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone perfectly described her in a thread : she's a mix of Craig kelly ( a bit delusional) and Victoria.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    She always looks seriously peed off with the judges comments. Whatever positive spin comes out of her mouth with Claudia she always seems furious. I think she thinks she's better than she is and doesn't deserve the poor scores she's getting.

As I said earlier "Shades of Gabby Logan," she too though she was better than her scores, Her husband Kenny, came across as a much more likeable person.
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

where and when? And where is this trend for Jeremy or Carol? Carol seems to look miserable each week despite her "happy happy" act
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it bad that, with her balance issues, I hope that she gets to do a VW before she goes out of the competition :D

Would you really do that to the poor cleaners? :D
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirsty is a big hit for herself and a little deluded, she actually thinks she is improving each week ...wrong. I did laugh when Claudia mentioned Brendan's child wanting to see him dressed as a dog ...quick as a flash Kirsty is in there saying "and my boys" .
    Time for her to go , the sooner the better.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes undoubtedly gorgeous, so before the jellus brigade level that at me....I think she is stunning but my God she's shockingly bad on the dancefloor.

That in itself wouldn't be a bad thing, IF she came accross as a sweeter character. Her initial quizzical look when she receives her marks is quickly replaced with genuine puzzlement as to why the judges are marking her so low.

I also concur with those that have said, that Brendan isn't the best partner for her. In fact, whilst I don't dislike him, he needs to go. His performance last year was just risable and he looked out of condition. He looks slightly better this year but at this stage he's just going through the motions.

I wouldn't be at all sad to see Kitsty go. In fact I hope she does.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She rates herself more than anyone else rates her, that's her problem.
  • dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that it's hilarious after every dance she thinks that she's done well and can't understand the judges negative comments, surely Brendan should be taking her aside and explaining to her that the judges are right and that she needs to work on her weaknesses, l find with Brendan that he tries to hide his partners faults for example with lifts, pulling them into position, dragging them around the floor, rather than fixing them and trying to get them right.
  • HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    That lassie irritates me something chronic .
    She is undoubtedly very pretty , but boy does she know it . That air of nose in the air all the time looking down on lesser mortals is not attractive .
    Plus she only seems to have one expression in every picture 'ready to cry'. Very distracting .
    Then there's her mouthy attitude in shared interviews , constantly interrupting brendan or whoever is speaking , "yack yack yack listen to me, not him." With her superior attitude she must be very draining to work with .
    Lordy I miss the proper training vids where we got a more true impression of the celeb's attitudes .
    Shades of Viki Pendleton's journey .
    I never ever thought I'd ever pity Brendan .
  • HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Indeed.
    It makes her very uncomfortable to watch from the moment she sets foot on the dance floor (or not depending on Brendan's choreography ;-)) until the moment after she receives the last score. Neither her dance nor her reaction to it is an easy thing to witness.
    Uncomfortable is a good word to use about watching her .
    She dances half heartedly while brendan carries her (often literally) , then looks gob smacked at even the mildest criticism .
    She's like :o----:confused: ---->:(
    I keep waiting for her to throw a huge Scarlet O'Hara style tantrum and storm off set with a flouncing of petticoats .
  • CornishDunkCornishDunk Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Some of the comments on here are hilarious. The way most of you have judged someone's character and personality on the basis of three 2min dances, and a few short interviews and VT segments. So that's enough time for some of you to conclude that somehow she's "deluded" and to pick out other character flaws she might have.

Just a question, have any of you actually met or spent time in her company to find these things out? No...i thought not!!

She's NOT a natural dancer, so yes she has balance issues and all of the other 'faults' some of you lovingly point out. But is three weeks really enough time to develop such an accurate picture in your minds of what a person is really like?

She's learning to dance, has no previous experience and is thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to learn something completely new, and to pick up all of the elements that go with it. She has no performance experience, and anyone who knows her knows she has no musicality or natural rhythm but surely one of the points of the show is for contestants like Kirsty to be able to have the opportunity to learn and improve? A natural fact of life, whether it's academically or even in dance is that some people are faster learners and have more of a natural aptitude than others.

A little less of the judgmental comments and critique please. She's a good person, as to are the other contestants.