Kylie Minogue Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »
    Could we get all the unreleased tracks on re-issues of her Parophone albums do you think?...along with various remixes etc of her big hits?

I also love Lose Control...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVTfVwyeceo

and...Magnetic Electric...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQ25fqTOq8&feature=related

Not sure if the Parlophone albums will be reissued anytime soon but I wouldn't say no to a double b-sides album with unreleased material included. I'm hoping her four PWL albums will be reissued with bonus remixes, b-sides, unreleased tracks and unseen artwork. I'd also love to have some more unreleased Deconstruction material on CD. There's so many songs just sitting in vaults it's annoying!
    miles19740 wrote: »
    On another...I have seen lots of clips from her Anti-Tour and been mightily impressed I have to say. Kylie just gets better and better.

She was absolutely fantastic. This year is certainly turning out to be a fantastic one for Kylie fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just shifting the thread back to "X" for a minute.

What's your ideal tracklisting?

1. 2 Hearts
    2. Like a Drug
    3. In My Arms
    4. Speakerphone
    5. Cherry Bomb
    6. Sensitized
    7. Ruffle My Feathers
    8. The One
    9. Rippin' Up the Disco
    10. All I See
    11. Stars
    12. Wow
    13. I'm Ready (Survivor)
    14. Carried Away
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Light Years > Fever > Body Language is a fairly coherent journey, but then she had a long break and came back with X, which didn't sound like the logical extension of Body Language, but something completely new that everyone else was already doing.

She's admitted she didn't think much of X and so when Aphrodite came along she was obviously scared and went with something safe, which sounded dated. You could put All The Lovers on the same album as Can't Get You Ought Of My Head even though they were ten years apart (and what an album it would be).

I hope she gets her vibe back though, she's one of only two living genuine gay icons and deserves a little better than she currently has.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really love X its in my top 5 Kylie albums,
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absolutely loved the X album
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just listening to X again and you know what it was Kylie who kick started the electric pop rebirth with this album. It sort of pisses me off how she is always overlooked thesedays. So many of these pop tarts stole her X look/style and get the credit for it :mad:
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just listening to X again and you know what it was Kylie who kick started the electric pop rebirth with this album. It sort of pisses me off how she is always overlooked thesedays. So many of these pop tarts stole her X look/style and get the credit for it :mad:

I agree

Her and Britney's Blackout both started today's trend
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree

Her and Britney's Blackout both started today's trend

My god yes! Once again the princesses of pop set a trend and everyone ignores them. Both electro-pop masterpieces. Here's hoping they can set a new trend in their next eras. Maybe we could get the Kylie/Britney duet they were suggesting.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Ideal X Tracklist

This should have been the bomb! Her pinacle! But someone made terrible song selections!

1. Cherry Bomb
    2. 2 Hearts
    3. Like a Drug
    4. In My Arms
    5. Speakerphone
    6. Boombox
    7. White Diamond (original version)
    8. Magnetic Electirc
    9.The One
    10. Stars
    11. Rippin' Up the Disco (Matty Boys Mix)
    12. Wow
    13. Spell of Desire
    14. Cosmic
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    deluxe album would have Im in the Mood For Love and Loose Control
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree! I also believe Can't Get You Out Of My Head still sounds like it could have been released this year :D
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    Agree! I also believe Can't Get You Out Of My Head still sounds like it could have been released this year :D

I much prefer Spinning Around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »

The Fever album is one of my favourite ever.

Its sad how Kylie has always been Madonna's parallel rather than her equal but the fact she has now been pushed into the wilderness by the likes of Lady Gaga really upsets me :(

#Kyliediditfirst!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a379996/kylie-minogue-announces-the-best-of-collection.html

Love the cover but a little miffed at the lack of 80s stuff. 13 of the songs are from the 00s!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a379996/kylie-minogue-announces-the-best-of-collection.html

Love the cover but a little miffed at the lack of 80s stuff. 13 of the songs are from the 00s!!!

I was shocked that the awful Kids made the track list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is obviously to coincide with her Jubilee performance and will no doubt appeal to her casual fans.

The track listing is disappointing. "Finer Feelings", "Shocked", "Step Back in Time" and "What Do I Have to Do" should have all been included. I'm surprised (and pleased) to see "Never too Late" included and "Hand on Your Heart" and "Wouldn't Change a Thing" omitted.

They should have just released a Parlophone best of since most of the tracks on this new best of are from that era anyway.

1. Spinning Around
    2. On a Night Like This
    3. Kids
    4. Please Stay
    5. Can't Get You Out of My Head
    6. In Your Eyes
    7. Love at First Sight
    8. Come Into My World
    9. Slow
    10. Red Blooded Woman
    11. Chocolate
    12. I Believe in You
    13. 2 Hearts
    14. Wow
    15. In My Arms
    16. Wow
    17. All the Lovers
    18. Get Outta My Way
    19. Better Than Today
    20. Put Your Hands Up
    21. Higher
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like how she hasn't ignored Aphrodite or X however.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excited it was released and I might buy it but annoyed certain songs are not included. Shame her label don't do what they did with Madonna's GH. She had a one disc edition and then a two disc edition with even more songs.

If i had my way, i would replace Give me just a little more time, Celebration, Tears on my pillow and never too late with

Finer feelings
    Got to be certain
    2 hearts
    The One
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats the thing init LM....i mean Warner did kinda "cash in" with Madonna and Celebration....but was still 2CDs worth....but bar the cover it looks very rushed for Kylie.

Besides i have that boxed set which is enough until the acoustic thingy as rumoured is out :D

Dunno whether to get it now though....not a massive "fan fan" so may have a listen first.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am not at all pleased why bother with something like this 21 singles not a reall overview nor creative track listing Ultimate was far superior i dont see who is gonna bother with this ima wait for orchestral Kylie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    every inch of you spells out desire
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm i don't know if i will buy
    Well up for the orchestral album though. It does seem rushed and a cash in. I mean it's out in a month and not even one or two songs are being added. Although i do read that Artists have no control regarding releasing a Greatest hits whether they like it or not (but some do get invovled, for example Pink and Madonna have) so it's likely we can't blame Kylie, but blame the label.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm i don't know if i will buy
    Well up for the orchestral album though. It does seem rushed and a cash in. I mean it's out in a month and not even one or two songs are being added. Although i do read that Artists have no control regarding releasing a Greatest hits whether they like it or not (but some do get invovled, for example Pink and Madonna have) so it's likely we can't blame Kylie, but blame the label.

its dependent on who owns the rights to the music so yeah probably some desperate cash in by her label.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Kylie would write more, some of my favourite songs are those she has writing credits on. Examples are Illusion, In My Arms and Your Disco Needs You.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually looking back on album credits I didn't realize how many she's actually co-write, it was just Aphrodite. :D:o