Options

Favourite Doctor Who toy

RozesRozes Posts: 70
Forum Member
Sorry fairly new to this forum so apologies if this has already been discussed. What was/is everyone's favourite Doctor Who toy or merchandise?

I was a seventies child so grew up mainly in the Tom Baker era. Loved the War of the Daleks board game (still have fond memories of those little silver/red & gold/blue Daleks moving around the board!)

Also had the Denys Fishers figures - the Giant Robot was great! Alas the Cyberman was shocking complete with silver suit that disintegrated and for some unknown reason had a nose! Great memories!

Comments

• Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Doctor Who radio rocked! Bought when I was only 10 and boasted a wicked sound effect as well.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the Denys Fisher stuff, loved it but so wish the the action figure format would have been available back then as they were for Star Wars. The Denys Fisher stuff was good but so utterly inaccurate in so many ways. Doctor Who merchandising was not great in the 70s.
  • Options
    Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a Dalek alarm clock that threatened to murder me every morning.
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Captain Jack Harkness five inch action figures - one with World War II jacket, the other without.

Also, I've got the Eleventh Doctor Sonic Screwdriver. Love that! :cool:
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I had a Dalek alarm clock that threatened to murder me every morning.

Could do with one of those to get the kids up for school hehe!

My brother had loads of Dapol daleks, davros and sylvester mccoy doctor, think he had ace too, or the other screamer. I got the job reconstructing dalek heads out of modelling clay when a few got
    smashed up in his epic battle, not the hardiest of toys for a little boy, but then again, the battle play was violent :D

My daughter has a great Tom Baker doctor figure, has a packet of jelly babies. DT doc has lost an arm and Matt doc a leg, Amy and Donna seem the hardiest, still in one piece. Nu Daleks are too. Always great fun Doctor Who war games..I think they will be brought out of retirement from the depths of the toybox when the show starts again :)
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pailitoy K9 in 1979.
    Talking Dalek in 1979/80.
  • Options
    jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still rather fond of my Tardis money box, remote control K9 and the Dalek in my bathroom that contained shower lotion - but don't tell anyone...
  • Options
    RozesRozes Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Pailitoy K9 in 1979.
    Talking Dalek in 1979/80.

Yes I loved the talking Dalek. The Silver and blue was better than the red and black.
    "What are your orders!"
    "You will obey!"
    "Attack! Attack! Attack!" (although I can't remember a Dalek on TV ever saying this!)
    "Exterminate! Exterminate!"
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Back in 2006, my husband bought me the original (New series) remote control Dalek as one of my wedding presents. It had been the number one best selling toy the previous Christmas (2005). I still have it. It still works.

Best. Toy. Ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rozes wrote: »
    Yes I loved the talking Dalek. The Silver and blue was better than the red and black.
    "What are your orders!"
    "You will obey!"
    "Attack! Attack! Attack!" (although I can't remember a Dalek on TV ever saying this!)

It had a very strange sucker arm too if memory serves, looked more like a small radar dish.

I had the red and black btw!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    The Dapol 25th anniversary playset. Ok, so there's so much wrong with it....5 sided console, green K9, but nothing like it has been released since. Which is a terrible shame
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tardis_cub wrote: »
    The Dapol 25th anniversary playset. Ok, so there's so much wrong with it....5 sided console, green K9, but nothing like it has been released since. Which is a terrible shame

Davros with two arms!
  • Options
    chattswhochattswho Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    I had a tardis with a tom baker figure that you put inside the tardis, you then turned the light at the top & the doctor disappeared.

More recently my son has had a model of the 11th doctors tardis, sonic screwdriver & a remote controlled dalek (the yellow one)
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rozes wrote: »
    "What are your orders!"
    "You will obey!"
    I got the red one. It was the silver one I wanted.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Airborae wrote: »
    My Doctor Who radio rocked! Bought when I was only 10 and boasted a wicked sound effect as well.

That was fourth Doctor merchandise, right? Was it called something like the "Tardis Tuner" or "Tardis Tracker".

I remember seeing the ads for it in Doctor Who Weekly. :D

Have to say from the current stuff, the voice command 18" Dalek is pretty bad a$$ - I've the black version and it looks so cool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was fourth Doctor merchandise, right? Was it called something like the "Tardis Tuner" or "Tardis Tracker".

I remember seeing the ads for it in Doctor Who Weekly. :D

Have to say from the current stuff, the voice command 18" Dalek is pretty bad a$$ - I've the black version and it looks so cool.

That's right, the Tardis Tuner, it was advertised with a small comic strip and some enemy alien made up for the ad, the Turgids or something!
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably my complete collection of Titan figures, though they aren't toys obviously. I also have a proper replica of 10s Sonic from The Celestial Toymaker. So actually modern stuff. Come to think of it even though I have been in to Doctor Who since T Baker I don't have any classic toys! Not sure I ever did!

It was always star wars for me!

There is a smartphone controlled K9 I want but I don't think it out yet yet
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    As a 60's child....I was so chuffed with my plastic Money Box TARDIS!! It lasted for thirty years - and then got lost! I also had a clockwork Dalek (wrecked within a year!)

As a 53 year-old - I still have a 'new' Tardis (David Tennant era) on my side table!
    I'm a bit old for collecting models of them all - but I would have liked William Hartnell and Tom Baker on my mantel-piece!:)
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    When I was young lad, my favourite Dr Who toys were a plastic William Hartnell Tardis money box, long lost (saw one on ebay 18 months ago, went for over £130) and the Marx bump and go Dalek. Now I am particularly fond of the 18'' speech control Dalek and the large diecast Tardis as well as the flight tardises that have the sound effects, but my all time favourite "toy" is my full size tardis.