About Deep Breath (Spoilers for those who havent seen the link )

jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
Forum Member
✭✭
is missy and the Gatekeeper the same person?
They look like the same actress

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I think Missy's River. She refers to the Doctor as her boyfriend, so maybe this is River before they were married? I do think Missy is the Gatekeeper though, they are dressed the same.

In fact yes it is the Gatekeeper because she was in heaven welcoming the Clockwork Droid and that's what a gatekeeper would do. I think she's the gatekeeper of this heaven, which is going to be a prominent theme throughout this series.
  • John_Smith62John_Smith62 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I think Missy's River. She refers to the Doctor as her boyfriend, so maybe this is River before they were married?

You have to bear in mind a couple of things: the marriage was earlier in her and the Doctor's timeline, and it was a Time Lord wedding.

River's "situation" does enable her to do something akin to regeneration, albeit far more controlled than the Doctor. We don't know how much time has passed, and it appears both are now in different "bodies".

Considering that each time the Doctor regenerates, certain aspects of his persona do vary and alter considerably, Time Lord weddings probably account for this - a husband might have certain qualities that are entirely compatible with his wife in one body but entirely incompatible in the next - and this would be a factor every single time either one of them regenerates; this is reason to believe a Time Lord marriage is only valid until either regenerates ("til death do us part"), legally reverting back to "courting" once more while each gets to know each other over again.

Now River hasn't regenerated (in the true sense of the term) but the Doctor has, which would automatically annul the marriage, but it seems River still has some feelings towards the new guy.