Options

Transferring photos from i pad to laptop

Paul_BlackburnPaul_Blackburn Posts: 1,655
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My wife a lot of photos on her i pad and wants to move them to her laptop so what I did was create a new folder on her laptop to move them to then clicked on my computer on the i pad then right clicked on the i pad icon and selected import pictures it asked for a name so I entered the name of the new folder I had created and clicked on import and thought it was importing but when I looked in the new folder it was empty.Can someone explain what I may have done wrong.Thank's

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on. Lets get it straight here. On which device did you select Import? The iPad or the Laptop? Import as the word suggests means copy from the external source onto the device you selected Import on. So if you selected Import on the iPad then nothing would happen as there is nothing on the laptop for it to copy.

You either need to select Import on the Laptop or Export on the iPad.

If you think for a few seconds what the words mean then it should become obvious which way round you have to do things. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I selected import on the laptop.I went into my computer on the laptop right clicked on i pad icon an selected import pictures and thought they were going to the new folder I had created but it was empty even though the laptop said importing.
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If an iPad operates like an iPhone, you should be able to connect by USB and the iPad will appear as a normal folder in in the laptop's folder structure and you can then drag and drop whatever you want to transfer.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you can actually do that. Read this Apple support article...

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201302

Scroll down to the Import to your PC section (or click on the box under the pictures near the top of the page) then click on the link to whichever version of Windows you are running.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Open "computer" from your windows start button. Under "portable devices" , locate your iPad,iPod etc.... RIGHT CLICK on the device icon and select "Import pictures and videos Found that on Google there was something about i o s Transfer does anyone know what that is.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure that the files are not being imported to a different location. Try doing a search of your hard disc for one of the file names.