So Which Psycic Predicted The Resignation of Pope Benedict?

Comments

• HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet there will be someone who did predict it but the evidence has been destroyed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they are at it.

Whi is this Malachy being quoted? Was he supposed to be a saint?
  • mcg3mcg3 Posts: 11,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they are at it.

Yep the mind certainly boggles.

The sheer gullibility of some people is staggering.

They will try to twist and shape the utterances of anybody to try and fit in with a "psychic" hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mcg3 wrote: »
    Yep the mind certainly boggles.

The sheer gullibility of some people is staggering.

They will try to twist and shape the utterances of anybody to try and fit in with a "psychic" hit.

My hope is that if we have threads like this long enough even the most gullible will catch on.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they are at it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

The next one will be " "Peter the Roman", whose pontificate will end in the destruction of the city of Rome.":eek:;)

Also "In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit. 112 Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end."

Gay marriage innit? Or the paedo scandal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So after nearly a month no one has found a psychic who predicted the resignation of the Pope.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    So after nearly a month no one has found a psychic who predicted the resignation of the Pope.

Nope, nobody warned Diana, Princess of Wales to avoid cars and tunnels in Paris, yet she went to these psychics regularly!! Wasn't even told to wear her seat belt! Of course, Rita something or other now tells us she told her to avoid black cars!!! Vague!!! Still, nobody has come forward with a dream explaining what happened to little Madeleine McCann!! Not even John Edward or the other famous TV gifted psychics!!!! Awful to pull shattered people over the table, promising to connect with their love ones, of course, for lots and lots of money. Appalling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, nobody warned Diana, Princess of Wales to avoid cars and tunnels in Paris, yet she went to these psychics regularly!! Wasn't even told to wear her seat belt! Of course, Rita something or other now tells us she told her to avoid black cars!!! Vague!!! Still, nobody has come forward with a dream explaining what happened to little Madeleine McCann!! Not even John Edward or the other famous TV gifted psychics!!!! Awful to pull shattered people over the table, promising to connect with their love ones, of course, for lots and lots of money. Appalling.

I take it you are quite interested in all of this?

I always like to check on these events at the time and it is amazing how poor the people claiming to be psychics are.

Also how unwilling people are to take them to task.

Also how guiilble some people can be.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, someone would have to be actually psychic to predict something so unprecedented and unpredictable. It's much easier to score "hits" with predictable stuff such as killing sprees in America, earthquakes in areas prone to earthquakes and the deaths of unspecified celebrities and public figures.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, someone would have to be actually psychic to predict something so unprecedented and unpredictable. It's much easier to score "hits" with predictable stuff such as killing sprees in America, earthquakes in areas prone to earthquakes and the deaths of unspecified celebrities and public figures.

You are absolutely right. Things that happen rarely are not predictable.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are absolutely right. Things that happen rarely are not predictable.

And when they are the skeptics call them coincidence because even remarkable events occasionally happen so by chance will match a prediction! :)

Though I agree that professional predictors are probably guessing - so your reasoning is correct.

Premonitions are another matter but usually involve personal things not global events in my experience. They also are usually not obvious as a premonition until after the event occurs. Which is often quite quickly (within 24 hours).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me!! Autographs will be signed later.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just getting these in early:

Randi pretended he was psychic.
    Psi exists.
    Animals are telepathic.
    Zzzzzz..........

:D
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet nobody even predicted the Queen getting the shits.
  • ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    Bet nobody even predicted the Queen getting the shits.
    You say that, but:

"And there shall come a time when the great ruler is liken unto an upside-down chocolate fountain, and the people shall be sore afraid".

-- Michel de Nostredame, quatrain 681. (1552)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ianx wrote: »
    You say that, but:

"And there shall come a time when the great ruler is liken unto an upside-down chocolate fountain, and the people shall be sore afraid".

*snorts*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As it says.

none of them.

I've always wanted to walk into a fortune tellers booth tip a bucket of water over her head and then say "you didn't see that coming did you!:D
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianx wrote: »
    You say that, but:

Nice work!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Just getting these in early:

Randi pretended he was psychic.
    Psi exists.
    Animals are telepathic.
    Zzzzzz..........

You mus have true psychic powers :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    none of them.

I've always wanted to walk into a fortune tellers booth tip a bucket of water over her head and then say "you didn't see that coming did you!:D

Like it.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like it.

Me too. I love seeing the doomsayers and naysayers getting a good old pasting! :p

Also, perhaps you can clarify for me, Henry. Wasn't good ol' Nostradamus high on drugs when he was doing his soothsaying?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Thats not strictly true, many physics have claimed to know where/what happened to Madeleine... why theyre not taken seriously I dont know, but Im not sure how convinced of physics Id be
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have got out my Ouija board and I'm trying to contact Bollyhood, if that's any help?

• gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i expect nostradamus will be shown to have predicted it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i expect nostradamus will be shown to have predicted it.

Nostradamas never predicted anything. His so called predictions were written about 100 years after his death.

These predictions have predicted the end of the world about four times.

So I am not sure where your expectation comes from.