Oz

Comments

• Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh it seems very realistic compared to, for example, Prison Break.
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll watch the season 1 finale this afternoon, I'm absolutely loving it so far.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an excellent show. The last couple of seasons weren't so good, but they were still very watchable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Onto season 2 now - I can't wait to see Keller. I loved Chris and Dean on SVU :D
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 messed viewers around with this - putting one series on E4 when that was a subscription channel.

The final series was also I think on E4 (after it had become freeview) but for some reason Channel 4 repeated in the middle of the night over Xmas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just watched episode 6 of Season 2. I'm addicted! It's so weird seeing Christopher Melloni as a prisoner, not a policeman, but he's great. Loving Beecher and O'Reily too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just finished season 2 - absolutely love it!!
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Got the boxset of this from HMV yonks back. I to used to watch this at 1:25am on Channel 4, its regular time slot :D I think they daren't air it before that time and you can see why :D
    Love it to death though, gritty and graphic, brutal and epic.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Yeh it seems very realistic compared to, for example, Prison Break.

Prison break wasn't mean to be realistic anyway, as it was all about revenge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Got the boxset of this from HMV yonks back. I to used to watch this at 1:25am on Channel 4, its regular time slot :D I think they daren't air it before that time and you can see why :D
    Love it to death though, gritty and graphic, brutal and epic.

Yeh!

It's so rare to find a tv show that is brutal, yet you like the characters you are meant to hate even when they have no redeeming features purely because they are intriguing. I still can't get over Mr Eko from Lost being the horrible Adibisi.
    Prison break wasn't mean to be realistic anyway, as it was all about revenge.

Yeh and I think that the prison life you saw was 'made for tv' rather than realistic like Oz (or so I imagine).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    i keep telling my mates about this show...it is my favourite of all time....it was hard for me to watch L&O:SVU at first as i couldnt see meloni as anything other than a bisexual serial killer so hard to conceive he'd be trying to arrest them.

Anyone who has watched both shows though....have you noticed the FBI agent trying to convict keller in Oz is also the Internal Affairs officer in SVU who hates stabler? he also played bart bass in gossip girl!!

quite a few crossovers between both shows...Dean Winters, BD Wong, JK Simmons (Scott Winters in two eps also) as well as a few cameos (most noticeably season 14 Cassidys lawyer was called martin querns who was also Martin Querns in Oz!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thought the first couple of seasons were very good but it descended into 'Introduce new character, give him a dilemna, kill him' formula for each episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i keep telling my mates about this show...it is my favourite of all time....it was hard for me to watch L&O:SVU at first as i couldnt see meloni as anything other than a bisexual serial killer so hard to conceive he'd be trying to arrest them.

Anyone who has watched both shows though....have you noticed the FBI agent trying to convict keller in Oz is also the Internal Affairs officer in SVU who hates stabler? he also played bart bass in gossip girl!!

quite a few crossovers between both shows...Dean Winters, BD Wong, JK Simmons (Scott Winters in two eps also) as well as a few cameos (most noticeably season 14 Cassidys lawyer was called martin querns who was also Martin Querns in Oz!!

Wow there's more crossovers than I thought. I know Lee (Beecher) was in an episode a few years back and had some interrogation scenes with Stabler!
    I also watched the very first episode of SVU recently again and it's great seeing Dean as Brian and not Ryan!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Wow there's more crossovers than I thought. I know Lee (Beecher) was in an episode a few years back and had some interrogation scenes with Stabler!
    I also watched the very first episode of SVU recently again and it's great seeing Dean as Brian and not Ryan!

If you take law and order criminal intent into account theres more....Eames was shirley bellinger and Gorens Mother was Sister Pete.

Oh and in season 14 of SVU the episode about the rapes on a uni campus, the campus security guy that covered them up played sean murphy in oz

Just realised I watch wayyyy tooo many tv shows lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you take law and order criminal intent into account theres more....Eames was shirley bellinger and Gorens Mother was Sister Pete.

Oh and in season 14 of SVU the episode about the rapes on a uni campus, the campus security guy that covered them up played sean murphy in oz

Just realised I watch wayyyy tooo many tv shows lol

Ah right, I haven't seen Criminal Intent. I'm only on Season 7 of SVU but I'll look out for Murphy - I've just watched the first 3 eps of Season 3 and so have just been introduced to Murphy. I love Keller and Beecher although not much has happened there yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm onto Season 4! I love how Keller has disappeared (well, in hospital) as Chris would have been filming SVU :p
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..To sum it all up, Oz makes Prison Break look like Glee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ..To sum it all up, Oz makes Prison Break look like Glee.

Agreed! T-Bag aside you never really saw the harsh reality of prison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm half way through season 4 and this is definitely my favourite season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :eek: I didn't think I could be shocked by Oz anymore but I saw the episode last night where Keller breaks that guy's neck!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watched the end of Season 4 :eek:
  • Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    After episode 3 I got bored, maybe I just needed time to watch it again when I have my mind set on it.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    What about Simon Adebisi? :D:D:D There was a character for you.: And a Brit too.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    After episode 3 I got bored, maybe I just needed time to watch it again when I have my mind set on it.

I think you have to be in the right mind-set to watch it. I sometimes don't want to watch it as I don't want to watch people get killed all the time!
    peach45 wrote: »
    What about Simon Adebisi? :D:D:D There was a character for you.: And a Brit too.:D

I hated him at first but then grew to love him purely as a character, not for all the stuff he did! Fantastic actor - can't believe he's the same actor who played Mr Eko in Lost! I keep watching Mr Eko and Michael scenes from Lost just to see them both post-Oz!
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    :eek: I didn't think I could be shocked by Oz anymore but I saw the episode last night where Keller breaks that guy's neck!

Wait till you see the episode in season 6, when posh boy Franklin Winthrop spits out what Shillinger's just given him.:eek: