Bags Under Eyes

OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey,

For ages i've had bags under my eyes and i'm getting annoyed because i'm so paranoid about them. I look tired all the time and it makes my skin look awful.

I'm only 23 too. Can anyone give me tips to help get rid of them. Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I assume you sleep well at nights and for an appropriate amount of time?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you drink?

I find if I have a pint I always have bags and dark circles the next morning, even if I get the same amount of sleep.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    sometimes its just genetic
    do your parent/siblings have the same issue
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sometimes its just genetic
    do your parent/siblings have the same issue

Nope :( I do seem to be drinking a lot more recently though due to personal issues (I'm not an alchy though).
  • GemofaBirdGemofaBird Posts: 1,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only answer is surgery I'm afraid, I was booked in to get mine done last year but after splitting with my boyfriend I couldn't afford it and had to cancel
    Anyway my wonderful new boyfriend convinced me that I had blown them out of all proportion and convinced me there was nothing wrong with them and now I don't even notice them (unless I'm really tired which makes them worse) where previously it was the first thing I saw when I looked in a mirror
    Try to get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it can b a genetic thing, my family all have bags but not really crows feet so its maybe a trade off bags or crows feet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey_jude wrote: »
    The only answer is surgery I'm afraid, I was booked in to get mine done last year but after splitting with my boyfriend I couldn't afford it and had to cancel
    Anyway my wonderful new boyfriend convinced me that I had blown them out of all proportion and convinced me there was nothing wrong with them and now I don't even notice them (unless I'm really tired which makes them worse) where previously it was the first thing I saw when I looked in a mirror
    Try to get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water :)

Surgery the only option? Hell no!

I have bags under my eyes too, and have for years (I'm 35) but it's just part of life for me. Part of my character. If there's a guy telling you it's important, then they're not worth it!
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few months ago I bought eye cream gel from The Body Shop. It has made the skin underneath my eyes feel more refreshed.

General tips: Good diet, plenty of fresh air, and, of course, plenty of sleep.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of water and if they are particularly bad stick two teaspoons in freezer for 10 mins and put over eyes this reduces puffiness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    ^ Did you get that tip from Queer As Folk back in the 90s? Haha.

Sleep does it to me. If I don't get enough sleep I get tits under my eyes sometimes. I look 17 and I am 25, but if I don't get enough sleep I can look older. Sucks.

I bought an eye mask thingy from Boots. It has loads of beads in it and can be either warmed up or cooled down. I stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes and it feels really good when I put it on my eyes. Really refreshes them.

Sometimes it's just genetics, though.
  • GemofaBirdGemofaBird Posts: 1,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muffin789 wrote: »
    Surgery the only option? Hell no!

I have bags under my eyes too, and have for years (I'm 35) but it's just part of life for me. Part of my character. If there's a guy telling you it's important, then they're not worth it!

Did you misread my post, I'm confused by your reply :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This may seem like an old wives tale, but cucumbers over the eyes really does help. I use these one a month and my eyes sparkle. x
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perceptive wrote: »
    This may seem like an old wives tale, but cucumbers over the eyes really does help. I use these one a month and my eyes sparkle. x

Just to clarify this idea.. That's slices of cucumber, not whole ones. :D:D:D
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, i've quit alcohol, drinking loads of water and cutting down on rubbish food. How long should I wait before I start to notice a difference, because one week on, they're still as bad as ever :(.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try hemorrhoid cream (such as preparation H), supposed to work. I don't see why plenty of water would prevent/improve eyebags (plenty of water seems to be advice people always spout for all kinds of problems - ahh, I see, it 'flushes the system' !).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I have exactly the same problem and I'm only 18! I've had them since I was 14 =( and unfortunately they are very dark and noticeable, they practically almost reach my cheeks but I've given up on them to be honest, I'm past caring what anyone thinks so I just cover them with concealer, then apply foundation. i actually like to see them as part of my character as well. People still like me and find me attractive so I don't really feel the need for surgery or anything =) i've learnt to live with them, maybe you could try to see that side of it too?
    When I was really paranoid about them I used to freeze spoons overnight then use them every morning. It is painful holding them over your eyes but it actually does work, even if it's only a little bit. Something to do with dehydration I think. that's why they say drink lots of water.
    Another thing you could try is fake tan.. or a product like Johnson's sun tan lotion which is a light eventual tan and moisurizer in one. I used it because I wanted a better skin tone, but I have found that it does work at reducing them, especially if you apply a lot under your eyes, it worked for me anyways.
    If it works for me it can work for you, because honestly mine are the worst you'll ever see :p I look like a zombie half the time. Good luck!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I remember reading/hearing somewhere that a zinc deficiency can cause dark circles, as can dehydration. Might be an idea to take a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement.

Link