Sex Chips and Rock and Roll

2»

Comments

• Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,441
    Forum Member
    suzie_j7 wrote: »
    I loved this! It used to be on on Sunday evenings didn't it? Me,my Mum and sister all used to watch it. Then my Mum and Dad bought me the videos when it came out and I went nuts and me and my sister watched it almost everynight in bed lol I was so pleased and then my Sister bought me the DVD when that came out. It's something that I'll never get tired of watching,it's brilliant!!

And if you do tire of it, you can sell the dvd for a huge price. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laroc wrote: »
    I loved this programme.

There was a similar programme called and The Beat Goes On, shown on Channel 4 I think.

i loved both of these programmmes too:D
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this, I looked in HMV a while back for the DVD but they don't have it.
    Forum Member
    If anyone is desperate for it, PM me - no promises but I have a plan.
  • GalindaGalinda Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Was he good?

Yeah he was fantastic and really suited the role. I saw the show again a few years after and the same part was being played by Adam Rickett and words can't describe how bad he was! :D
    Forum Member
    Galinda wrote: »
    Yeah he was fantastic and really suited the role. I saw the show again a few years after and the same part was being played by Adam Rickett and words can't describe how bad he was! :D

The fact that I'd forgotten about him completely might describe it better! What happened to him then??

It's a shame you can't get dvds of these stage musicals...I presume you can't?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hi guys,

Can you believe I've signed up to these forums just to ask about this series!

I desperately want it for my girlfriend's birthday. It'd mean the world to her. They're asking ridiculous money for it online and I'm a poor student with a big heart looking to do something nice for the woman I love.
    Forum Member
    When is your girlfriend's birthday?

I really don't know why it's been taken off sale - there are other series available which are much older and not nearly as good.

The whole series was on You Tube a few weeks back - don't know if it's still there.

Have you tried Ebay?

Or getting an American copy which might be cheaper but would mean getting a region free dvd player.
    Forum Member
    23rd September.

Yeah - it seems bizarre there's nothing around!

US copies wouldn't be a problem - but even they're being sold at $60 :-/

Youtube wouldn't be the same unfortunately.

I think the best I can do is to find a DVD rental and *cough* it to another DVD. I'm assuming now it's still available t rent - LoveFilm seem to list it, Blockbuster kinda do (however want me to sign up to a year's subscription which is too much.)

http://www.lovefilm.com/film/Sex-Chips-And-Rock-'n'-Roll/6238/ <-- there it is, on DVD no less. I'm gonna see if I can rent it. Otherwise - if anyone else has the DVDs do let me know.

also - while I'm talking abotu it - the play.com seller pushing it at £25 has been given plenty of negative ratings about copied DVDs. The £30 seller is a little dubious imho as well.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this show...no one else I knew watched it at the time though. I quite liked the blonde sister.
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this as well, I always wanted Ellie and Dallas to get together throughout the series and they did in the end with their baby Iona.
    Forum Member
    ok...I'm an idiot.

LoveFilm and Tescos DVD Rental both list it as unreleased >_<

Quite why they put unreleased films on their online listings I don't know!

Was this never released on DVD?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    It has definitely been released on DVD.
    Forum Member
    I guess my next step is to ask people with DVD copies if they can lend me it.

I live in Oxford, travel regularly to Essex and Croydon. Anyone?

Thanks to Rosie's tip - I'm grabbing "ok" quality versions from Youtube. Torrent versions are also on the way.

Seems like such a shame, all reviews point to this being an excellent series. Quite why I can't buy it from here I don't know!
    Forum Member
    I don't understand that either. And why they never repeat it on TV.
    Forum Member
    ok ... Youtube versions are definitely watchable and I've downloaded them from there :)

My recommendation for others - grab a copy of JDownloader, then go visit my playlist here:
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A36FAD38B61CE28D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL

Select MP4 from the selection box, and JDownloader will happily grab all the files for you!

The woman is going to be stoked :)
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this series when it was first shown, I used to love sitting down on a Sunday evening to watch it and even if I went out I made sure I watched it as soon as I came home, however late it was!! I love Joe McFadden and was really hoping they would make a second series.

I spent years looking for a copy on DVD as I couldn’t watch my VHS copy anymore and finally found one a few months ago - it was a R1 version and ended up costing me about £40 but it was worth the money as I could watch this show over and over as I love it that much!!!!:D
  • martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. Another show that's long due a repeat and a less limited DVD release!
    Forum Member
    Gillian Kearney and Joe McFadden both in Casualty tonight.
  • greygrey Posts: 4,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to posters I've watched the first two episodes today on youtube
    Gillian Kearney was 27 and playing an 18 year old
    Her sister(Arden) seems to have disappeared from our screens
    Gillians fiance was Frank Gallagher from Shameless
    I didn't notice Joe MacFadden
    The twins father I'm sure is that bolshi teacher in Waterloo Road, Grantly
    And of course Sue Johnson (incidentally from my home town, Warrington) appeared in so many tv series
    Any more who have succeeded?
    Forum Member
    grey wrote: »
    I didn't notice Joe MacFadden

You watched two episodes and didn't see Joe McFadden, who is possibly the main male lead??

The twins father was Nicholas Farrell - not Grantly Budgen from Waterloo Road.
  • greygrey Posts: 4,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    You watched two episodes and didn't see Joe McFadden, who is possibly the main male lead??

The twins father was Nicholas Farrell - not Grantly Budgen from Waterloo Road.

Yeah , Thick, or what! was Joe Mcfadden part of the band?

The head waiter ,or whatever , when the twins and the boys from the band were dining at table 12 and Grandma Sue Johnson took offence.;) I really thought that that was Grantly:(
    Forum Member
    grey wrote: »
    :

Yeah , Thick, or what! was Joe Mcfadden part of the band?

He was "the" member of the band. Dallas McCabe.

There is a bit of a resemblance to Grantly now you mention it.
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd update all since I never managed to get a copy of the original DVD release :)

There's a torrent floating around (google sex chips rock n roll torrent btjunkie ) whose quality is pretty spiffing.

It's screen capped and interlaced, but with a bit of bobbing and weaving on Media Player Classic the results are very good indeed! I ended up copying it on the Wii and watching it on a 50" plasma.

The woman was stocked and we watched the entire series a while back. Pretty good going!

Torrent is still out there and I suggest it's shared before anything happens to your precious DVDs and VHS recordings! I'll certainly hope to maintain a "backup" of my own.
    Forum Member
    Thank you, Yabbas. :)

I have to say that I never really managed my way through Torrent. :rolleyes: