Who are the members of DS?

bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Would love to have a poll on the members of DS.
- on gender type/group/umbrella
- any other worthy category
DS forums are often on the mark with controversial x factor topics but also regulary off the mark with the voting.
I'm relatively new here and have only submitted 10- 20 posts,(i think!)but get the impression that posters here in the 30plus bracket are the majority.
Would love to know!!!
I'm 32 myself and straight ,( living with my gay best friend for the last 5 years),and wonder does that influence who I vote for.

Comments

• lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    24, f, Warwickshire, straight but I'd have some fun with a lady... tmi? :p

I vote Cher cuz she's the only one who entertains me.

This week I voted Wagner because I was fed up with the vile and oppressive comments I was reading on here. Also, I have problem with authority and people telling me I cannot/should not do something makes it all the more appealing ;)
  • CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    lovecat86 wrote: »

This week I voted Wagner because I was fed up with the vile and oppressive comments I was reading on here. Also, I have problem with authority and people telling me I cannot/should not do something makes it all the more appealing ;)

You will be totally hacked off then when Wagner comes fourth and the people that you accuse of telling you what to do win the day anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24, M, London, straight

I vote Cher because she's amazing and I love her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    21, f, Yorkshire. Voting WAGNER all the way, because he's lovely.
  • Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    Mid twenties, straight male from London.

I'm voting for Matt and Wagner until the final when I'll just vote for Matt. Likable bloke with an exceptional talent and deserves to win.
  • bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So honest and refreshing!!!!
    can you tell me how to you request a poll ?
  • iloathedanniiiloathedannii Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm just quoting this because change Warwickshire to Islington and everything else in the post is spot on for me as well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    21, f, Yorkshire. Voting WAGNER all the way, because he's lovely.

Oooh, I had you down as older than that. You're very sensible/mature :)

Me, I'm 36, f, straight 'n' married, Wiltshire and voting Wagner :D
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm JonDoe, nice to meet you.

I'm male.
    I'm heterosexual.
    I'm I'm firmly in the 30+ bracket.
    I live in the North East of England, though I'm not from here.
    My hobbies include sitting down and doing nothing.....amongst others.
    I've been here for ages and I've posted over 24,000 times.
    I have only ever picked the winner of a reality show twice (and I've watched pretty close to all of them), they were Bez and Shilpa Shetty.

I like Wagner because he entertains me more than the others by some considerable margin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Hello :D

Relatively new myself, been reading the forums for a while but decided last week to start joining in!
    I'm 26, originally from Glasgow but now living in Yorkshire
    Voting Wagner all the way, with no agenda other than wanting to be entertained :)
  • amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not Steve Brookstein or Mrs Brookstein. :)
    I'm a married female in my mid 40s (so I should know better) from Leics.
    My fave is Matt but I want Wagner to win to give Mr C the winner he and his deserve PLUS I think Wagner's a great bloke.

(I've got a not bad record for picking winners if I may say so myself: from Pop Idol: Will Young, Chris Hide (the singing vicar- 4th!)
    X Factor: Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona was my 2nd fave (after Robert Allen), Leon Jackson, Joe McElderry (tho Danyl started off as my fave),
    and in American Idol: Taylor Hicks, Elliot Yamin, David Archuleta and Danny Gokey, 1st, 3rd, 2nd and 3rd respectively. :) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    32, Transgendered, Heterosexual, Irish, and if I did vote, I'd probably vote for Wagner. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, sorry yes I picked Will Young too.

Three times. :o
  • y0david6y0david6 Posts: 4,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm David
    21 from Wales
    A gay male

I'm voting for rebecca as she's the best this year . I live matt too

have previously voted for Aiden Grimshaw this year

In previous years , I have voted for Leona Lewis , Alexandra Burke , Laura White , Lloyd Daniels , Stacey Solomon and Joe McElderry
  • SpoonfedVomitSpoonfedVomit Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20, Male, Straight, Birmingham, Chelmsley Wood.... love music, my gf and my band... oh and Wagner of course
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18, Male, Bysexual and i vote for Katie Waissel as she is only of the only acts that IMO has a spark of originality, i feel she's been abused alot by the papers. I never really like anyone from X Factor anyway, i love Diana Vickers and Aiden but thats it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Female
    North West
    Straight
    English student/Performance Poet

Was a firm Aiden Grimshaw fan, until he got voted out! Now am quite happy for Wagner to take the glory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I'm 17, female and I'm from Wales.

I vote for Wagner because he seems like a nice guy and I find him entertaining. I enjoy his performances. He may not be the best singer, but he's a good entertainer :)

I don't vote for any of the other acts because they just don't interest me. I think that Mary is a good singer, but I get bored with her performances. Matt and Rebecca are also good singers, but nothing about them interests me so I don't vote. I don't really have much of an opinion on One Direction. Katie can sing, but there's so much drama surrounding her that I really don't 'connect' with her and her performances. She's someone different every week and it's confusing :p. Cher can sing and I find her quite interesting. However, there's just something about her that I don't like.

I don't know why I wrote all of that :confused:. But yeah, Wagner is my favourite. I'm not voting because of a campaign. I genuinely like the guy :).
  • bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way this thread is going... gives people a chance to get to know each other!
    Still would like a poll, anyone got any info on that?????
  • bill luvs t.vbill luvs t.v Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    21 male manchester
    Leona, Diana, Ruth, Katie Waissel, Rebecca Ferguson. Maria Lawson and Cassie Cropmpton
    Love being ignored here haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    I love the way this thread is going... gives people a chance to get to know each other!

I think you do it here.

I'm not sure how forthcoming they'll be, but it's worth a try.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    35, female, gay, in the North East.

I haven't voted so far this series but I like Matt, One Direction, and sometimes Katie. I tend to take no notice of the ridiculous press fabrications and choose who I like on their singing and performances.
  • glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,287
    Forum Member
    im 21 male from glasgow, striaght and i dont vote but i watch it most weeks
  • Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »

To create a poll you start by creating the thread as you would like it to be read and post it. Once posted, you hit the alert button, detailing what your question is and what options can be given as answers. Then a mod should (in theory) turn it into a poll for you.

BTW, I'm 34yo, single female with 3 kids from Glasgow. :)

Read more than I post.

Enjoy your stay.

Oh..... and I dont vote though I am one of few people who like katies voice
  • silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    64 ( baby boomer ) was a teenager in the swinging sixties. I vote Wagner because he seems a nice guy, and because people say lots of horrid vile things about him.