christmas eve, how will you spend it?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have a problem :D

We are sort of organised by this time of year, but we have a tradition of wrapping our presents on Christmas Eve night.

I have a cupboard full of wrapping paper and I truly swear to god we usually have a draw of various amounts of sellotape.

Until tonight......when I've found I can't find even even a cut off part of sellotape.

So we are now wrapping all our presents using a mixture of masking tape and electrical tape :o
  • Options
    welshmamwelshmam Posts: 14,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well its been busy but nice day, got up, fed the cats, cleaned the litter trays, cleaned, laid and lit the fire, wrapped some presents, threw a couple more logs on the fire, wished some friends merry Christmas on face book played scrabble, OH came home from some last minute shopping, gave me a few more presents to wrap and went off to work, i tidied the living room, then changed the bedding and got the room ready for friends staying tomorrow, then it was time to dig the frozen food out of the snow in the back garden (our freezer has been playing up, but its working now) i put the food in freezer, then painted the patch of plaster i had repaired under the window, threw some more wood on fire, then off to the attic/spare room to clear it of camping gear and the rest of the junk that has ended up there, then laid a mattress and made a bed up for Daughter and boyfriend who are coming to stay on Boxing day :)
    laid some rugs in the living room, cooked some chicken, mmmm lovely hot chicken sarnie :)
    then let friend in to collect a bike i had been storing for him.
    threw some more logs on fire had a bath and cleaned bathroom, chatted to daughter on phone, opened wine had some rum and raisin ice cream :)
    i am going to do the jelly for the trifle now

All in all it been a nice day so far :)
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nitemare ... r there no neighbours awake u could ask x
  • Options
    ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at work until lunchtime, the delivered some presents, popped round to my parents for a cup of tea, came home and did loads of prep (potatoes, swede, parsnips, pigs in blankets, 2 chocolate bread and butter puddings), delivered more presents, and now I think I'm ready for bed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent the day wrapping presents then I went out and delivered some getting a drink from every house I visited (luckily all in walking distance) then came back to my parents house shared some wine with my mum and now I'm going to finish my glass of wine and go to bed. It's been a good day :)
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I went into town early to pick up a few last minute pressies. Met a couple of friends and had an early lunch, had a mooch round the shops, stopped off for a coffee, said goodbye to friends then got some more shopping, got a taxi back home.

This afternoon, I made some mince pies, roasted some chestnuts (for tomorrows sprouts), made the centrepiece for the table with a ring of oasis and put a big candle in the middle, wrapped the last of the presents, then, lit every candle including all the little votif ones and settled down to watch some telly.

I was going to hoover out the kitchen seeing as son and daughter in law and baby grandson are coming over tomorrow morning but in the end I couldn't be arsed.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had intended having a relaxing Christmas Eve, but a 24hr "cold" yesterday put paid to that. I finished wrapping at about 9pm then tidied up before watching TV.

Now relaxing in bed with my self bought Archos 70 tablet.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    I had intended having a relaxing Christmas Eve, but a 24hr "cold" yesterday put paid to that. I finished wrapping at about 9pm then tidied up before watching TV.

Now relaxing in bed with my self bought Archos 70 tablet.

hope youre feeling better mark, and happy christmas to you:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy Christmas Everyone, hope you all have a great day:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an abnormally busy Christmas Eve and I have not slept in two nights.

Firs thing in morning had hospital appointment. Then nip to town for a few bits, panicked as I realised I forgot to get pressie for the number one person in my life - my mum!! Also had to get brithday pressie for sister for next week.

Came home, had to pop to work to gather up the essentials for a gift for someone. Wrapped pressies. Popped to Mums for an hour to see my neice who was visiting to give her pressie. Back home and worked from 6-11pm.

I am now sitting here waiting for my taxi to take me to Gatwick so I can get the hell out of here :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poppitypop wrote: »
    I had an abnormally busy Christmas Eve and I have not slept in two nights.

Firs thing in morning had hospital appointment. Then nip to town for a few bits, panicked as I realised I forgot to get pressie for the number one person in my life - my mum!! Also had to get brithday pressie for sister for next week.

Came home, had to pop to work to gather up the essentials for a gift for someone. Wrapped pressies. Popped to Mums for an hour to see my neice who was visiting to give her pressie. Back home and worked from 6-11pm.

I am now sitting here waiting for my taxi to take me to Gatwick so I can get the hell out of here :D

off anywhere exotic? or joining other family or friends for xmas?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    off anywhere exotic? or joining other family or friends for xmas?:)

Canary Isles just for a week. I'm so tired though today which is good as hopefully I will sleep on the plane. Bloody hungry too, need a big breakfast to set me up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Canary Isles just for a week. I'm so tired though today which is good as hopefully I will sleep on the plane. Bloody hungry too, need a big breakfast to set me up.

safe flight and enjoy your hols!!
    im having a bacon sarnie about 10 myself lol:D

enjoy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    safe flight and enjoy your hols!!
    im having a bacon sarnie about 10 myself lol:D

enjoy :D

Oh I could murder a bacon sarnie right now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I could murder a bacon sarnie right now

have to have it on white bread though, not the same on brown!
    are you an hp or ketchup fan?

mmm im getting hungry now!!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have to have it on white bread though, not the same on brown!
    are you an hp or ketchup fan?

mmm im getting hungry now!!:p

I have to have one slice of bread with ketchup on and the other slice with brown sauce. Its lovely :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to have one slice of bread with ketchup on and the other slice with brown sauce. Its lovely :D

oooh i might try that!!

will you have christmas dinner while youre away? do the hotel do a christmas bash?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooh i might try that!!

will you have christmas dinner while youre away? do the hotel do a christmas bash?

We are going self catering and there is no way we will have Christmas dinner out there. Firstly the places doing traditional dinner screw you out of money and charge the earth. Second and more importantly, we don't do English food out on holiday. We prefer trying all the different restaurants there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are going self catering and there is no way we will have Christmas dinner out there. Firstly the places doing traditional dinner screw you out of money and charge the earth. Second and more importantly, we don't do English food out on holiday. We prefer trying all the different restaurants there.

thats true enough, i didnt realise they charged OTT, that surprises me to be honest,
    i'm the same, i would sooner try the local food..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats true enough, i didnt realise they charged OTT, that surprises me to be honest,
    i'm the same, i would sooner try the local food..

Well it is between 30-50 euros for Christmas dinner per person which is £25-40 ish.

We can get a better value and better tasting meal for around 15-20 euros.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it is between 30-50 euros for Christmas dinner per person which is £25-40 ish.

We can get a better value and better tasting meal for around 15-20 euros.

wow thats expensive!!:eek:

im off now poppity, hope you have a lovely holiday and get plenty of rest and relaxation:D
  • Options
    EmilyPEmilyP Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    nitemare ... r there no neighbours awake u could ask x

:confused: