Options

The sad little world of Katie Hopkins

Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Even now, she's still banging on about CBB. I don't see any of the others doing it.

She's just so desperate to keep herself in the spotlight.

I wasn't really aware of the vitriol she spewed until CBB. I knew she was "controversial" but never really paid much attention to her.

However, after watching her on CBB and being flabbergasted as to how ridiculous she is, I googled a few things.

So, apart from just insulting people, what else does she have to offer?

Has she ever had a decent debate or argument with anyone about anything valid without resorting to personal insults? I can't see any evidence of it.

What a shame for her family.

Comments

• Options
    kravchickravchic Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    Even now, she's still banging on about CBB. I don't see any of the others doing it.

I wasn't really aware of the vitriol she spewed until CBB. I knew she was "controversial" but never really paid much attention to her.

However, after watching her on CBB and being flabbergasted as to how ridiculous she is, I googled a few things.

Has she ever had a decent debate or argument with anyone about anything valid without resorting to personal insults? I can't see any evidence of it.

And with that there is really nothing more to say. A perfect summation
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    In all fairness, she is making money.
    Most of us sit on forum sites slagging people off 24/7 becoming obsessed with crappy TV shows.

So, the majority of us probably have fit under having a "sad little world" more so than Hopkins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of us sit on forum sites slagging people off 24/7 becoming obsessed with crappy TV shows.

So, the majority of us probably have fit under having a "sad little world" more so than Hopkins.

I'm sure she is making money and laughing all the way to the bank.

I still think that the way she is doing it is sad though.

She's quite articulate at times and clearly not an idiot, just misguided, in my opinion.

Who, in their right mind, would want to be remembered for being nasty?

I would imagine that if she applied herself to something valid, she would be equally as successful.

However, the monster she has created seems to have taken over.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

Except this is not our day job and is only a fraction of our lives. :kitty:
  • Options
    supergran0606supergran0606 Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is an utter nobody, she was totally unheard of before the apprentice, made a complete idiot of herself on there and lost in the process, could be argued she stepped down because she didn't have a business plan for sur Alan sugar, she claimed she didn't have child care in place but come on , she really needs to crawl back under that rock as she has no endearing qualities
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The majority? I like to make constructive criticism. I would never dare to make a derogatory comment about a Cancer or Ebola patient and I don't think the majority would either. There is no comparison there but I would agree that there are plenty of trolls all over social media just like Hopkins.

Fair enough for her making money but I think it's quite sad that she's making money of peoples pain. That's nothing to be proud of.

Lets be honest, her success has been down to having to lose her own dignity and respect. She had to become a professional troll to get rich. That I find quite sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    The majority? I like to make constructive criticism. I would never dare to make a derogatory comment about a Cancer or Ebola patient and I don't think the majority would either. There is no comparison there but I would agree that there are plenty of trolls all over social media just like Hopkins.

Fair enough for her making money but I think it's quite sad that she's making money of peoples pain.

Lets be honest, her success has been down to having to lose her own dignity and respect. She had to become a professional troll to get rich. That I find quite sad.

Well said.

I just made another KH thread (yes, I know *yawn*) asking why people that bitch about her are called hypocrites.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she somehow feels entitled to be famous and noticed, however that's to be achieved.
  • Options
    bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, lets face it, anyone could do what she does.

It's the easiest thing to do.

:)
  • Options
    hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is an utter nobody, she was totally unheard of before the apprentice, made a complete idiot of herself on there and lost in the process, could be argued she stepped down because she didn't have a business plan for sur Alan sugar, she claimed she didn't have child care in place but come on , she really needs to crawl back under that rock as she has no endearing qualities

Nobody is a nobody.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »

But is it easy?

Decent people wouldn't feel comfortable being that vile to others, surely.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, you just have to lack scruples (that's the only hard part). The insults are pretty easy, obvious and witless.
  • Options
    ChoccyPeanutsChoccyPeanuts Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I sometimes wonder if it would be more forgiven if she was witty, like Nadia said. I enjoy the comedy of Frankie Boyle, but I do not enjoy the comedy of Katie Hopkins because there's no real wit behind it. Just cliches.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But is it easy?

I've said from the start that I feel nothing but pity for her. She desperately needs therapy.
  • Options
    LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But is it easy?

Well that's why.

It's much harder to be nice, get an honest job and control oneself.

Self discipline is hard work. Admittedly this becomes second nature the more it's practised and one doesn't notice how well they are disciplined unless they stop and actually look at themselves. This being the case in normal and natural circumstances with some exceptions, we are in general a nice people hence the outrage when someone doesn't show these disciplined traits etc.

And that is as it should be lest we go back to the dark ages of abusing others because some people got away with it as there were few rights then so to speak.

But we fought for those rights. Not just in wars, but by protests on the streets against abuses.

If someone cares more about money and attention than they do about their own well being and their family's well being, then they basically sell their soul for a few pieces of silver.

Sad really.

The best bet for KH is, if she goes too far and someone sees her in court. ;-)
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because someone speaks with a plum in their gob, rounds of their 't's and is good with words does not make their opinion something that should be taken seriously. Strip all that away and KH is just a gobsh*te. She thinks and speaks in black and white (apparently, because it gives her 'clarity') but I've seen how she skilfully avoids questions that push her to go beyond that.

Sadly for Katie, the world isn't 'black and white'. It's full of layers of complexity. That's where she fails and one day it will trip her up. Because she largely lacks the ability to empathize, it's easy for her to speak as she does but she will eventually paint herself into a corner with a very serious issue that she cannot wriggle out of. (A trivial example is where she sneered at mums who name their children after locations only to be questioned as to why she called her own daughter 'India').

As my mum always says, 'Give someone enough rope....'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Just because someone speaks with a plum in their gob, rounds of their 't's and is good with words does not make their opinion something that should be taken seriously. Strip all that away and KH is just a gobsh*te. She thinks and speaks in black and white (apparently, because it gives her 'clarity') but I've seen how she skilfully avoids questions that push her to go beyond that.

Sadly for Katie, the world isn't 'black and white'. It's full of layers of complexity. That's where she fails and one day it will trip her up. Because she largely lacks the ability to empathize, it's easy for her to speak as she does but she will eventually paint herself into a corner with a very serious issue that she cannot wriggle out of. (A trivial example is where she sneered at mums who name their children after locations only to be questioned as to why she called her own daughter 'India').

As my mum always says, 'Give someone enough rope....'

That in my view is diliberate.

She knows it will get her attention. I seen her on LW yesterday and she did her best to insult.

In the house KH was chatting to Perez on the floor together and Michelle and Callum were in the bedroom confused. KH made sure to do this in full glare of the camera's and the H/M's.

Attention attention attention is her chosen career and making money from it. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I don't understand what it is she does that is going to make her money. I have written for a national newspaper and I can promise you, it does not pay well. The Sun will realise she is using her column as a platform and will pay peanuts for her to 'appear' in the paper. Other than that she has her CBB wages, her expenses for appearing on chat shows (again, they won't be paying or will pay very little) and....well, I can't think of anything else she does that generates money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fail for KH to add to her list as Perez went back to work without ranting or making her known in the states, as she thought he would :D
    Even her CBB closest buddies are distancing themselves from her :cry: while she just wanders around with a newspaper under her arm, how sad :D
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,987
    Forum Member
    That in my view is diliberate.

She knows it will get her attention. I seen her on LW yesterday and she did her best to insult.

In the house KH was chatting to Perez on the floor together and Michelle and Callum were in the bedroom confused. KH made sure to do this in full glare of the camera's and the H/M's.

Attention attention attention is her chosen career and making money from it. :)

I've read this view a couple of times now on different threads from you. It intrigues me because I thought her motivation for fame was money and doing whatever necessary to get it but you've made me think twice. You're right, she makes one inflammatory remark regardless of contradicting herself, making herself look stupid etc. which do you think she craves most out of interest - the attention or the money.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand what it is she does that is going to make her money. I have written for a national newspaper and I can promise you, it does not pay well. The Sun will realise she is using her column as a platform and will pay peanuts for her to 'appear' in the paper. Other than that she has her CBB wages, her expenses for appearing on chat shows (again, they won't be paying or will pay very little) and....well, I can't think of anything else she does that generates money.

She did the odd insulting interview on TV, This Morning in particular. She was dropped after her disgraceful comments about the Glasgow helicopter crash. Then they hauled her back on when she made the asinine fat programme. Her high powered business life is a complete fabrication. Her life has been funded by her men in the main, all poached from other women.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

if its 'sad' for her to still be talking about BB of which only ended a few days ago, then surely its even sadder for us to still be using the forum and talking about the housemates!
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most uncomfortable I have ever seen her was when on BBOTS Katie Price was conducting her winners interview with Rylan. She had to sit there and listen to someone else having a dig at her - in an articulate and adult way - and was unable to gesticulate, shout her down, or deflect what was being said. She really could not cope with being criticised and not being able to resort to her usual methods of shouting someone down.

Incidentally Katie Price, Nadia and Perez have all behaved with more class and dignity than her since Friday. She is a sad nonentity who is a one trick pony. Imagine having to be that negative and angry all day just to make a living.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    if its 'sad' for her to still be talking about BB of which only ended a few days ago, then surely its even sadder for us to still be using the forum and talking about the housemates!

Not really, I'm assuming the majority of us are enjoying the banter about CBB.