Options

Andre and Australian floods

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

The OP just asked a Q and made an observation. That's all I'm responding to.

Come on Lexi, the OP was having the usual dig at PA.
    Nothing wrong with that , I admire the way bunny55 just lights the fuse and walks away from the carnage of posts that follows.:D
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WAKEYLASS wrote: »
    Firstly lexi, I was saying it tongue in cheek, why should he comment on the Cyprus issue anymore than the floods in Australia. Also, Pete identifies himself primarily as a Greek - before being English or Australian.

What I am trying to say is that yet again, he is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't. I see this as another stick to beat him with. Slate him for his publicity seeking, for using his kids in photoshoots, for having little digs about KP in his column, for constantly reminding us of what a good dad he is etc etc, but not for not mentioning anything about the floods. Has Rolf Harris, Olivia Newton John, Barrie Humphries and Nicole Kidman spoken out about the floods yet?

I knew you were. :) Alls I'm saying is that had he mentioned the floods, it would have been no surprise, for the reasons I've already given and I would certainly not have seen it as a reason to knock him.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pinknico wrote: »
    Come on Lexi, the OP was having the usual dig at PA.
    Nothing wrong with that , I admire the way bunny55 just lights the fuse and walks away from the carnage of posts that follows.:D

:eek: I couldn't possibly comment. :D
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I knew you were. :) Alls I'm saying is that had he mentioned the floods, it would have been no surprise, for the reasons I've already given and I would certainly not have seen it as a reason to knock him.

I am sure you wouldn't lexi, but I am certain others would! ;)
  • Options
    MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't have to report to us if he donates to a cause, and he certainly would be knocked for it if he did.
    I don't think people realise how they come across when they attack someone so much, for so little.
    I agree that we should ignore these type of threads. My last post.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have found it perfectly acceptable for him to mention the floods in his column, i find the most negative aspects of PA that irk me IMO can be laid at the door of CAN!!
  • Options
    currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Im surprised that Andre has used his column to talk about his kids, Katie and Elen, his illnesses and, yet, hasnt announced a benefit for the flood victims in the country that discovered him as an "artist". A brief mention, but nothing to commit himself to helping.

Perhaps he is not a big enough star to join those who have.
    Sting has donated his own money and has also appeared on the The Flood Appeal (3 cd set)

http://today.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/8199906/flood-relief-artists-for-the-flood-appeal

Do you know how much lawyers cost these days?
    Give over luv.. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have donated to the Australian Flood appeal as I have family over there, luckily they have not been affected but have friends who have. I assumed PA has donated, maybe he is trying to be more private. :eek:

Bunny can start a thread on whatever she likes as long as it it complies with the terms and conditions, I am fighting the childish urge to start a thread on what toilet paper PA/AR/KP use. Andrex, Kleenex and Charmin? :p
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have donated to the Australian Flood appeal as I have family over there, luckily they have not been affected but have friends who have. I assumed PA has donated, maybe he is trying to be more private. :eek:

Bunny can start a thread on whatever she likes as long as it it complies with the terms and conditions, I am fighting the childish urge to start a thread on what toilet paper PA/AR/KP use. Andrex, Kleenex and Charmin? :p

I think the first one is the most likely...:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a good point the OP makes.

It is very patronising of the column writers and mag to believe that their readers are only interested in PA's best friend KK skating and Elens dress sense.

I suppose Gavin Henson compliments and the NTA's and the condemnation of Liz Hurley is obviously what the target audience must expect.

I can't say I have ever read it but Bunny edits the best bits for me.:D
  • Options
    QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    It is a good point the OP makes.

It is very patronising of the column writers and mag to believe that their readers are only interested in PA's best friend KK skating and Elens dress sense.

I suppose Gavin Henson compliments and the NTA's and the condemnation of Liz Hurley is obviously what the target audience must expect.

I can't say I have ever read it but Bunny edits the best bits for me.:D

It's a trashy magazine column, if I want to read about current affairs I find the Sunday Times usually helpful. Do any of the other 'columnists' cover current affairs?
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im surprised that Andre has used his column to talk about his kids, Katie and Elen, his illnesses and, yet, hasnt announced a benefit for the flood victims in the country that discovered him as an "artist". A brief mention, but nothing to commit himself to helping.

Sting has donated his own money and has also appeared on the The Flood Appeal (3 cd set)

http://today.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/8199906/flood-relief-artists-for-the-flood-appeal

OMG I cannot believe this is how low the threads have sunk to get at Peter Andre. Now this is taking the biscuit. :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    I reckon he would have been slagged off for 'trying to get publicity from such a sad situation'! again. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

True Mutts,

I think I'll leave this one though it is way beyond ridiculous.

Katie Price having a bodyguard was in the papers as a heading but Peter Andre not commenting on the floods in America in his column was not...as far as I know...in the newspapers as a heading. I don't think even the media fall that low to demean Peter Andre. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsParfum wrote: »
    Next thing he'll be criticized for breathing! :rolleyes:

This is getting really pathetic and sad, and I'm not even a fan of his. People diss him no matter what he says, or does. (or doesn't say, or do) Says a whole lot more about the posters than it does Mr. Andre.

In this instance yes. ;)
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know what the big deal is, PA making a comment on the floods in his column would have been appropriate, more appropriate than him involving himself in Liz Hurleys troubles!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annw wrote: »
    Peter andre is english not australian.
    It took 17 comments before someone finally pointed that out :)
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    I reckon he would have been slagged off for 'trying to get publicity from such a sad situation'! again. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exactly.

Commenting on headlines is one thing, even if those headlines are from a dubious source.

But this is just ridiculous, and what Mutt says is true. The OP would not be giving Pete credit if he had organised something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It took 17 comments before someone finally pointed that out :)

Pllllleease...I didn't want to bring him being English into the equation as we will most probably have a thread on how Peter Andre should have assisted the crisis we have with the cutbacks, the increase in petrol, the surge of swine flu, the sale of the forestry zones, the increase in student loans, etc.... ;) :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    macketymackety Posts: 4,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the thought police are out in force :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    Pllllleease...I didn't want to bring him being English into the equation as we will most probably have a thread on how Peter Andre should have assisted the crisis we have with the cutbacks, the increase in petrol, the surge of swine flu, the sale of the forestry zones, the increase in student loans, etc.... ;) :rolleyes: :D
    mackety wrote: »
    I see the thought police are out in force :D

Oh and the cuts in our police force. ;):D
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    ... the OP has no idea if Pete has mentioned the floods at all or contributed financially

Well said. Plenty of people give without making a song and dance about it. Yes, we know Peter Andre has got into the habit of publicity seeking but no doubt there are areas which he would not talk about.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So basically, he has mentioned the flood benefit in his column, then...and may be taking part in the benefit, but you don't know for sure because he hasn't specifically said whether he is or not.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, Claire slipped up there, another bandwagon to jump on!!!! another situation to exploit!!

See...he cant do right for doing wrong...give the guy a bloody break
  • Options
    BaffrobesBaffrobes Posts: 3,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice work OP, post and vanish.
  • Options
    sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me get this right....................because I try and avoid the KP/AR/PA threads (I've lost my hard hat :D! ).

Peter Andre comments on a current news item, in his column in some magazine or other, (i.e. I believe the example given was Liz Hurley?) and gets condemned in certain quarters for it?

Peter Andre doesn't comment on a current news item, in his column in some magazine or other, (i.e. the floods in Australia) and gets condemned in certain quarters for it?

Perhaps he borrowed my hard hat and is wearing it whilst standing in the middle of a field wondering which way to turn for the best - cos no matter which way he goes, it'll be wrong??:D

Sheesh - no wonder I'm :confused:

*backs out of thread gracefully, opens door and............................ bloody legs it* :)