Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    I suppose with Figure 8 only actually being officially released at the end of December, maybe it is too early? But as we've said, there's no hope for Figure 8 so she may as well seize this single opportunity, it's been handed to her on a plate with ITV showing interest

Figure 8 was 13th December over 6 weeks ago no video play and the little radio play she had has ceased. Get explosions to radio ASAP and film a video in the next month or so as its #30 on iTunes she has to do it or miss it all together it's just that simple.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Explosions is a new entry at #33 on the top 40 so a release will have to hurry up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Explosions is a new entry at #33 on the top 40 so a release will have to hurry up

It's equalled Figure 8 with no promo or official release whether she wants to or not she should :cool: All i have heard mentions is a tweet in which she said ''explosions which i have not rleasesd creeping into the chart nice surprise'' so read from that what you will :o

And glad Halcyon has jumped back up the charts and Explosions is doing well :)
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It's equalled Figure 8 with no promo or official release whether she wants to or not she should :cool: All i have heard mentions is a tweet in which she said ''explosions which i have not rleasesd creeping into the chart nice surprise'' so read from that what you will :o

And glad Halcyon has jumped back up the charts and Explosions is doing well :)

Yeah! Thanks to ITV it's all on the up, Explosions is actually #16 on iTunes at the moment! Hope it all sticks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah! Thanks to ITV it's all on the up, Explosions is actually #16 on iTunes at the moment! Hope it all sticks

And its funny isn't it its what happened to YS, Lights was meant to be the lead off the Re-Release Bright Lights but due to demand Ys was pushed forward so hopefully public demand will force her hand :)

And Explosions #17 so holding for now and Halcyon #9 great to ahve it in the top 10 again :)

Alos been checking her Twiitter feed and she ahs started mentioning the price and promoting it somewhat on there and people have started asking for a video but she is on tour so guess we shall see. But as well no official third single announcement yet either so what is going on ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last Explosions is to be the third official release off Halcyon and here is the video http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a454908/ellie-goulding-unveils-new-single-explosions-music-video-watch.html Whether we will have a proper one after she finishes touring who knows but yay its a single :):):):)
    Forum Member
    Ah thank God! She was wise, she couldn't ignore the song's recent popularity. It's a nice little video and I think the music channels will show it as they do like simplistic performance type videos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah thank God! She was wise, she couldn't ignore the song's recent popularity. It's a nice little video and I think the music channels will show it as they do like simplistic performance type videos

I know its fallen though to 22, Halcyon staying strong at 11 :) But now as you said with a video and official announcement hopefully Radio and Music Channels will play it she was indeed wise and with it still being 59p here's hoping for atop 10 :)
    Forum Member
    I know its fallen though to 22, Halcyon staying strong at 11 :) But now as you said with a video and official announcement hopefully Radio and Music Channels will play it she was indeed wise and with it still being 59p here's hoping for atop 10 :)

Midweeks get released in a couple of hours so it will be interesting to see how she's doing, I should be in the top 25 so it has outperformed Figure 8 which is rather sad as it's such a good song. Top 10 I'm not sure, top 20 for certain though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Midweeks get released in a couple of hours so it will be interesting to see how she's doing, I should be in the top 25 so it has outperformed Figure 8 which is rather sad as it's such a good song. Top 10 I'm not sure, top 20 for certain though :)

I never read the midweekes ''Spoilers'' :p And i know its such a shame about Figure 8 its odd Explosions is far less chart friendly but is doing so much better and i seriously think if Radio gets behind it she can get a low top 10 high top 20 and the album is benefitting greatly aswell :)
    Forum Member
    Well Explosions is #16 in the midweek chart, it will probably fall by Sunday but hoping for a top 20 hit. Halcyon is up 1 at #12
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Explosions is #16 in the midweek chart, it will probably fall by Sunday but hoping for a top 20 hit. Halcyon is up 1 at #12

Probably depending on if she picks up with the announcement of its official release :)
  • LilNikki1987LilNikki1987 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I've only recently gotten into Ellie Goulding's music, Both albums a brilliant/good solid collections of tracks, hard to chose which album I prefer. I will say that on Halcyon she should of just kept Hanging On as a track on it's own, as I found the longer version feat Tinie Tempah a bit unnecessary as the edited version is good enough :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found an article from a few weeks ago. Nelly Furtado listed Halcyon as her 4th fav album of 2012
    Forum Member
    Well Explosions made #21 this week :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Explosions made #21 this week :)

Not bad thats a jump of 12 although i did want higher but who knows it is only in its 2nd week (3rd if you count its charting in october at 122 p)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And even better news Halcyon up 3 to #10 another week in the top 10 well deserved :)
    Forum Member
    And even better news Halcyon up 3 to #10 another week in the top 10 well deserved :)

So it is that's great! Plus Rumours by Fleetwood Mac is at #3, two of my favourite albums in the top 10 :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it is that's great! Plus Rumours by Fleetwood Mac is at #3, two of my favourite albums in the top 10 :cool:

I know it is fantastic news :) I'd love to know sales for Halcyon anyone know :)?
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it is fantastic news :) I'd love to know sales for Halcyon anyone know :)?

Its not the overall sales of Halcyon but its what it sold in the last week :)

From Buzzjack:

Halcyon - 10 Ellie Goulding 8,507

Explosions - 21 Ellie Goulding 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Its not the overall sales of Halcyon but its what it sold in the last week :)

From Buzzjack:

Halcyon - 10 Ellie Goulding 8,507

Explosions - 21 Ellie Goulding 14,381

Album sales are still incredibly low then :eek:

but good news for explosions #21 not bad sales lets hope both hold steady :) And thanks for the info.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is up 5 to 16 her 4th highest position so far lets hope it climbs further if radio gets behind it an easy top 10 :) Also halcyon down 1 to 11 at least it's only 1 place but i wanted it to rise but oh well :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo #16! Now it's broke into the top 20, I expect it'll do better next week when the video starts to get a bit more play. Happy with that. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Woo #16! Now it's broke into the top 20, I expect it'll do better next week when the video starts to get a bit more play. Happy with that. :)

I know i would say sales wise 40k in 3 weeks so not bad going :).

I'm unsure though as to whether radio and the music channels will play it not heard it on Radio 1 and they are her biggest station in terms of mainstream support and it's doubtful Capitol will bother. It's annoying as they played and continue to play ATCH but snubbed figure 8 and seem not too bothered by explosions either even though it is proving popular so :o
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16 Ellie Goulding - Explosions 16,100

from Buzzjack :)