The Ratings Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    garyessex wrote: »
    Really? It's been plugged too death, especially for last weeks opener...

I was referring to last night's rush repeat, not last weeks' premiere......
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really Pick has the rights to 1-3, 8 and E4 the rights to 4-7

Surely if they were sensible Pick should have shown 1-3, then E4 4-7 then Pick 8, not show them out of order concurrently.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Bake Off 3.82m - knocks Miranda to 6.39m and Lewis to 5.9m

Nice one BSI. You absolute friggin muppets! :(

MBB also down, at 7.00m

Dont worry, overnights are irrelevant. All will timeshift fine
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Hang on if the +1 are in brackets which is what you wanted then Corrie is over 10m or are you deliberately choosing to ignore your own rules.

I was going off ITV's own pr tweets from Jenny Cummins. She said 9.5 and 9.9 including itv+1 audience later.

Obviously it did hit 10m tape checked.

keep your hair on....
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Surely if they were sensible Pick should have shown 1-3, then E4 4-7 then Pick 8, not show them out of order concurrently.

Pick and E4 are rival commerical broadcasters, they honestly don't care what the other is doing, especially for a repeat of a 10-15 year old US show
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    I agree Dancc..... Was CBB the most watched in it's slot last night?
    Against two of the biggest shows on TV Lewis and Mrs. Brown's Boys !!! No. :p

But it tied BBC2 and was 1 million ahead of Channel 4. And it was second in the Adults 16-34 demographic:

9pm hour (Adults 16-34)
    BBC One: 1.25m
    Channel 5: 781k
    BBC Two: 485k
    ITV: 386k
    Channel 4: 308k
    Forum Member
    I know this is off the subject, but I just caught this on The Wright Stuff.....

Apparently the Church of England's stance on Katie Price Wedding No3 vs Gay Marriage is.....

"We have no official policy on Katie Price, however, Jordan is mentioned quite a few times in the Old Testament".

Sounds like the CofE are trying to get a sense of humour at last.....
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pick and E4 are rival commerical broadcasters, they honestly don't care what the other is doing, especially for a repeat of a 10-15 year old US show

But who will think of the poor confused sad viewer heh:cry::cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Against two of the biggest shows on TV Lewis and Mrs. Brown's Boys !!! No. :p

But it tied BBC2 and was 1 million ahead of Channel 4. And it was second in the Adults 16-34 demographic:

9pm hour (Adults 16-34)
    BBC One: 1.25m
    Channel 5: 781k
    BBC Two: 485k
    ITV: 386k
    Channel 4: 308k

Sorry Dancc..... My bad..... I'm losing days at the moment..... I woke up Sunday thinking it was Today..... And woke up today thinking it was Tomorrow.....

I think my other half is sending me bonkers......
  • Andy ParishAndy Parish Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the heavy snow in the north gave ITV the bigger boost. (Highest overnight of the year so far for the 2nd Corrie. 1.5m more than EastEnders. Highest ever rating for The Chase)

Did Jeremy Kyle break 2m? :p
    Forum Member
    Looks like the heavy snow in the north gave ITV the bigger boost. (Highest overnight of the year so far for the 2nd Corrie. 1.5m more than EastEnders. Highest ever rating for The Chase)

Probably..... None of his target audience was out in my area yesterday when he was on.....
    Forum Member
    There's still a fair amount of white stuff in the south, Andy ! Not falling, but on the ground.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Any ratings for Playing The Field? It's currently being repeated on CBS Drama. (Was on last night) Used to love this series back in the day.
    Forum Member
    There's still a fair amount of white stuff in the south, Andy ! Not falling, but on the ground.

White stuff in the south..... lol - good one Dancc! :D
    Forum Member
    OswaldBar wrote: »
    Any ratings for Playing The Field? It's currently being repeated on CBS Drama. (Was on last night) Used to love this series back in the day.
    I love an obscure ratings query !

Playing The Field: 6k (0.03%)

Maybe people are recording it? :o
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another impressive rating last night - 4.62m for Inside Out on BBC1 at 7.30.
    Forum Member
    I love an obscure ratings query !

Playing The Field: 6k (0.03%)

Maybe people are recording it? :o

Anything for Channel 5's daytime / 5*'s all day line up?
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks

C4: 1.35m (5.7%)
    E4: 1.11m (4.6%)

Must be the best ratings for years..
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's been snow on the ground for 8 days now in most parts of the North, haven't seen to much boosting!
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks

C4: 1.35m (5.7%)
    E4: 1.11m (4.6%)

Must be the best ratings for years..

It's a dark storyline - even for Hollyoaks - the show is finally referring to form.....
    Forum Member
    I'll do a full roundup for yesterday in a little while. It takes time to prepare using my source but it should be online shortly after 11am. :)
    Forum Member
    I'll do a full roundup for yesterday in a little while. It takes time to prepare using my source but it should be online shortly after 11am. :)

Brilliant - I never trust DS's ratings.....
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No major snow boosts again this time then, apart from arguably The Chase (which still seemed to be gradually peaking over time anyway). Think this sort of thing must only happen when it's blanket snow across the UK, like back in 2010. At the moment when it happens in one place, another is fine.

Corrie is impressive but it's a January Monday and that was a massive storyline. Probably would have reached those levels regardless of weather.

Everything else almost as expected. Can't see Emmerdale getting any officials over 9 this year unless it already has. Depends what's happening at the end of the year..
  • Andy ParishAndy Parish Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    There's been snow on the ground for 8 days now in most parts of the North
    I realise that. But the heavy overnight snow caused hundreds of schools to close yesterday, most open again today though.
    wrote:
    haven't seen to much boosting!
    Have you not seen the News ratings these last few days? ;)
  • Jingle_JamesJingle_James Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    It's a dark storyline - even for Hollyoaks - the show is finally referring to form.....

It was a tad intense for a 6:30 timeslot, but it was made well though.

This is something they could clearly go crazy with after the watershed.
This discussion has been closed.