Options

EE New epic internet plans coming soon.

IkariMIkariM Posts: 109
Forum Member
@EE: We’re keeping our #epicinternet plans under wraps for now, but here’s a quick snap of what’s to come tomorrow… http://t.co/2sH8tXjx7r

https://twitter.com/ee/status/439437490693210112

:D

Comments

• Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm... More data perhaps?
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think it is an included film/tv streaming thing.
  • Options
    IkariMIkariM Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    EE looks like they are adding value and seamless blanket 4G coverage which is much better than some other mobile networks offerings,
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to know what I've heard was right.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IkariM wrote: »
    EE looks like they are adding value and seamless blanket 4G coverage which is much better than some other mobile networks offerings,

PMSL stop it my sides hurt :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be interested to learn what they plan to offer. They do need to address the streaming issue with 4G contracts that have less than 3GB of data allowance a month to have a credible entry offering now that they have fairly widespread 4G coverage.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    IkariM wrote: »

Oh no. Not again. EE do NOT have blanket 4G coverage. Neither does O2, nor vodaphone nor 3.

What part of this do you not understand?
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be interested to learn what they plan to offer. They do need to address the streaming issue with 4G contracts that have less than 3GB of data allowance a month to have a credible entry offering now that they have fairly widespread 4G coverage.

The image is EE have posted on Twitter is of someone in leg chains (I Want To Break Free lol). They might offer to double the data allowance for an extra £5 per month on top of an already pricey data plan ;-)
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The image is EE have posted on Twitter is of someone in leg chains (I Want To Break Free lol). They might offer to double the data allowance for an extra £5 per month on top of an already pricey data plan ;-)

I think that might just insult to injury in some cases! Being tempted onto 4G then held to ransom for another fee to make use of it..... don't think so, er well I hope not! Customers can already add extra data so this should be something a bit more imaginative hopefully.
  • Options
    Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it shows chains on the feet, maybe more limits :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they are bringing the prices down to something more suitable to Joe Public's budget .

What kind of nutcase wants to pay £45 + a month .

Not me :D
  • Options
    qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone read all the responses on Twitter? Not a single positive tweet!

Steve Smith ‏@sdsmith1981 2h
    @ee is it a reliable phone signal? #epic

Mr Loophole ‏@Jay_lorenzooo 2h
    @EE sort out my connection issues before you start thinking about epic internet plans !!!!!

Whitby Sea Fishing ‏@whitbyfishing 2h
    @EE Is it reasonable charges? Go on, give us a clue guv.

Mrs Genghis Khan ‏@mrsgenghiskhan 2h
    @ee Sending Darren Gray from EE Executive Office to Guantanamo Bay for crimes against customer service? Send that twunt Olaf Swantee too.

Ian Davies ‏@iandavies_ 2h
    @EE is settle for being able to make or receive a call in my house which is supposedly full signal according to your checker

Fiona Johnson ‏@johnson_fi 2h
    @EE Do your plans include provision of reliable 3G connectivity to 000s of customers paying a small fortune in return for rubbish service?

Oliver Holmes ‏@Olliecological 1h
    @whitbyfishing let's face it, unlikely

DBW ‏@dylanburywood 1h
    @EE the only epic thing about your company is the epic lies you tell and the badly epic way you treat your customers and staff - #eelies

Peter George ‏@Kroy73 1h
    "@EE We’re keeping our #epicinternet plans under wraps but here’s a quick snap of what’s to come tomorrow…" A new spam email filter...?

Nic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ‏@N1ngN1ng 1h
    @EE are you acting out Gears of War Judgement for us? pic.twitter.com/b3KYCyBGSd

 ⅅeano  ‏@Kilmartin32 58m
    @EE I sure hope its 4G for us in little towns! #SuperSlow

And people complain I'm negative!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    Maybe they are bringing the prices down to something more suitable to Joe Public's budget .

What kind of nutcase wants to pay £45 + a month .

Not me :D
    The average phone bill in the UK is over £35 a month and EE's 4G starts at £26.99 for a 4GB plan including a free handset which is enough data for the majority of people and unlimited calls/texts.

Perfectly suitable to Joe Public's budget already.

P.S. This nutcase (me) pays £100 a month.
  • Options
    eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need clearly to increase data allowances and reduce monthly prices. I think that paying anything more than £25 a month SIM only is rather misguided in the current market. The majority of EE's price plans are above this threshold.
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    "Breaking free" could signify the launch of an unlimited data tariff?

BTW - I have absolutely no idea what the Epic plan is. I only heard about it today from a mate who told me about their tweet. I'm guessing. So please don't ask me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    This nutcase (me) pays £100 a month.

:eek:

Any jobs going at your place :D
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    "Breaking free" could signify the launch of an unlimited data tariff?

After what Olaf keeps saying? I don't think we'll ever see a truly unlimited tariff from EE.
  • Options
    eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt that unlimited data is on the way from EE. Unless they lock Olaf in the shed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eljmayes wrote: »
    They need clearly to increase data allowances and reduce monthly prices. I think that paying anything more than £25 a month SIM only is rather misguided in the current market. The majority of EE's price plans are above this threshold.

Their SIM only 4G plan with 3GB data is £26, and there's a 4GB plan for £26.99 including a handset and international roaming.

Those are enough for most people as they come with above average data allowances and unlimited call and text allowances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    eljmayes wrote: »

£15 a month here:

• 2000 minutes.
    • 5000 texts.
    • 5000 "3 to 3" minutes.
    • Unlimited Data (Inc Unlimited Tethering).

Bargain. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    Their SIM only 4G plan with 3GB data is £26.

Those are enough for most people as they come with above average data allowances and unlimited call and text allowances.

£26pm is terrible. Really bad for a SIM Only, as you say, you can get a phone for that price from every network with a similar if not slightly smaller allowance.

Three offer Unlimited data for £12.90 on 4G
    Tesco offer 3GB for £15pm on 4G
    O2 offer 5GB for £25pm

So £26pm is really overpriced and EE's SIM only tariffs are very bad value for money. Their 24m contracts are more appealing and I'm sure that's why EE have priced SIM only high, to encourage 24m contract over 1m/12m sim only.
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    I'm sure that's why EE have priced SIM only high, to encourage 24m contract over 1m/12m sim only.

That would make sense, but EE are being stupid. There are LOTS of people who like to buy unconnected handsets, either iPhones, or Samsung Galaxys, or HTC One's, and then change them, upgrade them, sell them, when they want to.

EE need to refresh their SIM only deals urgently. Currently the SIM only users are getting none of the streaming music offerings or anything else, but paying more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jchamier wrote: »
    That would make sense, but EE are being stupid. There are LOTS of people who like to buy unconnected handsets, either iPhones, or Samsung Galaxys, or HTC One's, and then change them, upgrade them, sell them, when they want to.

EE need to refresh their SIM only deals urgently. Currently the SIM only users are getting none of the streaming music offerings or anything else, but paying more.

I agree, but I wouldn't say 2,000,000+ sign ups means they need to urgently refresh their SIM plans. I think EE are going for high profit long term customers over short term SIM Only and PAYG customers.

So I think PAYM will remain better value compared to SIM only and PAYG.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    He's away again!! :D
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    So I think PAYM will remain better value compared to SIM only and PAYG.

I see your point, but _all_ my friends are on SIM only deals now, various ages of iPhone (back to and including iPhone 4), a couple of WinPho and a lot of Androids including Nexuses. They're spread across EE, O2, and Three. (nobody here likes Voda!).