Options

*The Official CBB16 Ratings Thread*

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
Forum Member
✭✭
That time again, it's around 3 weeks before launch (prediction), so it's time for another one of these. With promo already starting, what are your predictions?

Some info:

Last 4 CBB series, but remember to look at only CBB12 and CBB14 as they were summer series just like CBB16 will be. CBB13 and CBB15 being on January will always be higher and a summer CBB won't ever launch as high as a winter series.

CBB12 Overnight- 2.83m
CBB12 Official- 3.18m

CBB13 Overnight- 3.40m
CBB13 Official- 3.69m

CBB14 Overnight- 2.36m
CBB14 Official- 2.75m

CBB15 Overnight- 3.27m
CBB15 Official- 3.64m

I honestly think CBB will launch at a series low, I mean the BB16 final ended with 1.28m, I can't see them finding a million + viewers for CBB launch so soon after BB16.

Last 4 overnight and official finals with comparisons on how much they lost/gained in terms of OFFICIALS.

CBB12 official for final- 2.59m (lost 590k)
CBB13 official for final- 3.71m (gained 20k)
CBB14 official for final- 2.47m (lost 280k)
CBB15 official for final- 3.03m (lost 610k)

Surprisingly CBB15 lost the most from launch to final as the last week was oddly a low week when just a week prior to the final it was getting 3.4-3.5m. Still don't get that.

Meanwhile CBB13 still remains the only series since BB7 to actually gain from launch to final.BB1-BB3, BB5-BB7 are only series in the entire history of BB to gain from launch to final, and CBB13 finally joined them, and became (I think) the only CBB series on 5 to do it. CBB1-CBB4 also gained from launch to final, but ever since CBB4, only CBB13 has done it.

The CBB13 final figure of 3.71m is still fantastic, oddly enough a CBB15 regular episode matched that 3.71m as Alexander walked from the show on a Sunday episode. The two ratings of 3.71m, along with the CBB8 launch remain the highest ratings of BB on C5.

My prediction

Launch= CBB16 Overnight of 2.03m. Official of 2.25m. I think it will launch with the lowest ever because it follows BB16.

Overnight average for series- 1.6m. Official average for series 1.85m, making it lowest ever.

Comments

• Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half a million less than last summer throughout.
  • Options
    Dreamer07Dreamer07 Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Why it would it be affectd by bb 16 when cbb gets more viewers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think it also matters how much promotion the series will get after the launch date is revealed
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why it would it be affectd by bb 16 when cbb gets more viewers?

The Viacom takeover meant no saturation coverage in the Star and I think that hit BB16 hard. It launched badly and never recovered. CBB16 will need big star names to get viewers in at launch and keep them there until the plotlines develop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    The Viacom takeover meant no saturation coverage in the Star and I think that hit BB16 hard. It launched badly and never recovered. CBB16 will need big star names to get viewers in at launch and keep them there until the plotlines develop.

Exactly CBB15 was lucky to have 2 ejections in the first week, Perez, Hopkins, Cami and then KP enteringI in yterms of viewers.

CBB16 needs to have big stars to pull in initial audiences. Even though usually they are bad quality compared to the lesser knowns. BB15 still ended 400k above BB16 final so the CBB16 launch I expect to be around 400k down on CBB14 launch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to bump up as we are a week to the launch.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genuinely unsure. Possibly very low however they're seems to be a fair bit of promotion and hype in the media so I maybe wrong and I think it would launch on par with last years overnights
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bb2011fan wrote: »
    Genuinely unsure. Possibly very low however they're seems to be a fair bit of promotion and hype in the media so I maybe wrong and I think it would launch on par with last years overnights

Yeah I'm not sure. There seems to be more promo for sure. For example, I have visited The Mirror twice in the last day looking at articles that have been on Facebook, when I clicked on the links, a pop up of the CBB advert came up on the article and played.

Emma's on the front page of the TV magazine which comes with The Sun too either on Saturday or Sunday (can't remember which day)/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Predictions?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say around 2 million. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I'd say around 2 million. :p

Not sure if that's a tad too low. BB16 started with 1.83m, I assume tomorrow will get similar to last summer (2.36m). CBB12 launched with 2.83m.

So I'd say between 2.2m-2.4m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2.5 million
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2.3 mill
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really doesn't seem to be a lot talking about tonight despite more promo. Hmm, I'm worried it won't even break 2m now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2.22m with +1. Not terrible as last summer got 2.36m but meh.

Reckon it will lose a lot too :(

Share is a tiny bit higher than last summer though
  • Options
    simeysimey Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    It still beat ITV, BBC2 and C4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simey wrote: »
    It still beat ITV, BBC2 and C4.

Yep came 2nd in the slot.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    The bigger gap between series doesn't seem to have helped.

They need bigger names quite frankly - just look at the spike in ratings when Katie Price walked in the house last series. The only problem is that the bigger names can pick and choose between January and Summer all while knowing that January is the bigger event.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    The bigger gap between series doesn't seem to have helped.

They need bigger names quite frankly - just look at the spike in ratings when Katie Price walked in the house last series. The only problem is that the bigger names can pick and choose between January and Summer all while knowing that January is the bigger event.

There's no point. Price entered in a Jan series. No matter how good the lineup summer cbb will always rate less
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's still good, about 1.9 tonight?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's still good, about 1.9 tonight?

I was thinking more like 1.5m!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    I was thinking more like 1.5m!
    nah don't think it will go that low
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bobby Davro and Janice Dickinson's arrival was seen by 1.39m (7.6%) from 9pm on Channel 5 (+1: 159k)

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a665995/uk-tv-ratings-over-13m-see-janice-dickinson-and-bobby-davro-join-celebrity-big-brother.html#ixzz3kCuGrkd9
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main show attracted not a great rating. 1.55m with +1 but in line with what I expected.

BOTS got a strangely high 845k and Live Feed on the main channel got a decent 436k. Don't know what 5* feed got.

So strangely enough the disappointment there was the main show as BOTS and Feed did well.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about 1.4 tonight

10.30 start when most casual viewers will be out clubbing, then a clash with Match of the Day as well