The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great Peli.

Sadly, I think the aliens will remain with The Colbys.... :eek:
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Oh well. plenty of scraps and shoulder pads though. Way too many snogs between Blake and Krystle though. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I watched it!! great entertainment!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pelicano wrote:
    I am loving it! Shame there haven`t been any aliens yet... :D

Yep I've watched it right through to the end.There was a so-
    so slice in the middle...utterly unreal,but HEY it always was a
    completely unreal family.Did anyone notice that,- altho' most
    of cast were originals.Adam was a strange face!Perhaps he
    couldn't face them all again.Still I must say they've all stayed
    quite good---looks not much different.It's obvious of course
    the youngest looking-by a mile-was luscious Joan Collins as
    the original BITCH of soaps---Alexis.I hope they do another.
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Yeah, a real shame it was a different Adam. And no Dex. My favourite bit was when dippy Krystle arrived back from the clinic and said `Where`s Gerrard?` :D
  • Options
    5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justbcos wrote:
    Yep I've watched it right through to the end.There was a so-
    so slice in the middle...utterly unreal,but HEY it always was a
    completely unreal family.Did anyone notice that,- altho' most
    of cast were originals.Adam was a strange face!Perhaps he
    couldn't face them all again.Still I must say they've all stayed
    quite good---looks not much different
    .It's obvious of course
    the youngest looking-by a mile-was luscious Joan Collins as
    the original BITCH of soaps---Alexis.I hope they do another.

It was made in 1991, only about 18 months after Dynasty ended. And I still haven't seen it :(
  • Options
    agaaga Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Justbcos wrote:
    Adam was a strange face!Perhaps he
    couldn't face them all again.
    Gordon Thompson, the original Adam, was contracted with Santa Barbara (daytime soap) at the time. He was reportedly very upset for not being able to take part in the reunion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When was this on? I missed it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    is it repeated?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recorded it, will probably take the plunge and watch it on monday, bound to be nothing on as its bank holiday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    When was this on? I missed it

It was on Ch 5 this afternoon
  • Options
    susan24susan24 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack Coleman who played Steven wasn't there either. It takes the shine off when they change actors. And I missed Dex. The rest of them slipped into their roles very easily though. Great fun for a wet Saturday afternoon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    susan24 wrote:
    Jack Coleman who played Steven wasn't there either. It takes the shine off when they change actors. And I missed Dex. The rest of them slipped into their roles very easily though. Great fun for a wet Saturday afternoon.
    Al Corley was actually the original Steven. To have him back for the reunion rather than Jack Coleman is actually a continuity error because when Jack Coleman replaced Al Corley in the series, the change of appearance was explained away by plastic surgery.

Regarding the absence of Dex, apparently Joan Collins did not get along with Michael Nader, the actor who played him, and she threatened that it was either him or her for the reunion. Hardly a difficult choice for the producers!
  • Options
    Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, didn't Micheal Nader say something about Joan in real life which really annoyed her? They had a great chemistry on-screen anyway if I remember.

It was great to finally see this reunion! I heard it was shown on BBC1 years ago? Five are always good for showing reunions - they recently showed LA Law: The Movie reunion, have shown both the Dallas ones, Knots Landing: Back to the Cul-de-sac, Cagney and Lacey ones and loads of Hart to Hart's!

It was such a cheesily happy ending though! Where they all gathered round to watch old "home videos" - which I had to laugh as they would have only been 10 years old or less, but made out as if it was such a long time ago. And then when Alexis sort of made up with them all and said "we've had our up's and downs - but we're family whether we like it our not!" It was a nice ending. :)

Three and a half hours though was a long time!!! Had they put 2 episodes together? Great for a boring Saturday afternoon though. Had to laugh when the announcer said at the end "bet you've been slumped in that sofa all afternoon - great wasn't it!" I was doing exactly that! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Adam14 wrote:
    Three and a half hours though was a long time!!! Had they put 2 episodes together? Great for a boring Saturday afternoon though. :D
    Yes, the reunion was intended as a two-parter. I think it was shown over two nights by the BBC.
  • Options
    Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was also no mention of Amanda Carrington either? What happened to her anyway, after the now infamous Moldavian disaster!!! :D
  • Options
    Up NorthUp North Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Dex Dexter died in the Season 9 finale when he was accidentally pushed off the hotel balcony. Alexis survived as she fell on him and not the ground.
  • Options
    jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    I loved the Home Videos bit. It's amazing how someone just happened to be there with a camera at all those important moments!
  • Options
    VidicVidic Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havn't. Sorry . :)