Options

Lucie - Great voice - but...

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Same as Leona. Nothing there. Bet Simon loves it, he knows they will do whatever he wants them to.
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, there's something missing with Lucie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Missing?

Honesty.

Pentyrch, a small village? It's not far off the M4, quite close to Cardiff. It's also got a population of about 3500.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    She's got a nice voice, but to quote Simon from his pop idol years, she's like a "cod on a fishmongers slab- dead behind the eyes. I don't look forward to her performances, which is the mark of someone with the X Factor in my eyes.
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Lucy deserved better.... she has an amazin voice, is so so pretty but was given a dreary Leona song, which left her so unmemorable :(

Lets hopes she gets the Wales vote cause she deserves better, do better next time Danni! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    The whole "vote for person from your region" stuff is garbage... makes it more like Eurovision.

People from Wales see the bs about the "small village"... the comments in the audition stage that (paraphrasing) indicated if she didn't get through may be stuck in the "small village" rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way.

Reinforced the bs stereotypes about Wales.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    she's sweet :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    A bit random but she really reminded me of the younger Webster sister from Corrie tonight!

she reminded me of Michelle Ryan,,Zoe Slater :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same as Leona then good voice but bores me to tears.:sleep:
  • Options
    Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've liked her previously but from the minute she tried to emulate Miss Vickers with I'm just little Lucy I couldn't be arsed!
    Stacey is my vote for the girls from now on.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Absolutely no passion or charisma. She looked bored......
    True
    _drak wrote: »
    Which are all the qualities of an X factor winner.
    As you say. Makes you appreciate Will Young even more.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    She seems to be good at the big 'showtunes' kind of songs

but there is no emotion, no feeling and she was certainly very poor tonight

I will be interested to see her do an uptempo song where she has to move and look a bit happy

Maybe she should have waited and tried out for Andrew Loyd Webbers Dorothy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    What I liked about Lucie in the auditions was that she just sang the song with all the notes in the right place. There are some of us who don't like all that Leona/Mariah-type vocal gymnastics.

The song she was given was just a formulaic 'key change here' number. She needs better material to work with. I'm actually looking forward to seeing her break out of the ballad straitjacket.

She's not Leona and I'm glad about that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I liked about Lucie in the auditions was that she just sang the song with all the notes in the right place. There are some of us who don't like all that Leona/Mariah-type vocal gymnastics.

The song she was given was just a formulaic 'key change here' number. She needs better material to work with. I'm actually looking forward to seeing her break out of the ballad straitjacket.

She's not Leona and I'm glad about that.

And neither is she an Alex.....which is also good.
  • Options
    feistyfeisty Posts: 2,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=The Prumeister;Lucie - Great voice - but...QUOTE]

we've heard it all before...yawn
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    It was Dermot who asked her where she was from, and others are asking her in interviews etc.
    It isnt her using it as an ahhhh factor

She goes on about it as well ....didn't she say in her VT "who'd have thought a girl from a little village in Wales....."

christ alive - it's hardly that big an oddity - if she lived in a mud hut with no electricity and running water then maybe that would be worth the odd mention.

The X Factor producers have obviously chosen that as her schtick (I would love to tell them where she can schtick it) but she comes across very stage school to me - not a little naive thing that hasn't ventured out of her "little village". Not saying that's a bad thing but rather false advertising.

Who gives a damn anyway? Everyone has to come from somewhere and where she comes from isn't some tragic existence just a small village.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Lucie has a beautiful voice...probably the best of all the finalists....but she`s not a pop star.I think her singing career lies elsewhere....Possibly musical theatre.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucie has a beautiful voice...probably the best of all the finalists....but she`s not a pop star.I think her singing career lies elsewhere....Possibly musical theatre.

I would agree with that.

I like Lucie, but in some ways it would be a great shame for her to win The X Factor. She would do far better coming in 3rd or Runner Up.

We will see. I think the sound was awful on Saturday, and it affected all the performers.

They need to sort that out for next week.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I think the song was too big for Lucie but she did a good job and was unfairly compared to Leona IMO when she was singing a Leona song on a show that launched said artist, and Lucie is also younger. As Louis said, Leona's 1st performance on XF 2006 wasnt amazing, Summertime and Sorry Seems To Be were her best performances IMO.
    Leona has a fantastic voice though :)
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I've liked her previously but from the minute she tried to emulate Miss Vickers with I'm just little Lucy I couldn't be arsed!
    Stacey is my vote for the girls from now on.

Diana doesnt have the monopoly on that though ;) Even Same Difference did the "little Sean and Sarah from Portsmouth" thing as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, she didn't really give a GREAT performance, but I still quite enjoyed it.
  • Options
    nikki1nikki1 Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    A bit random but she really reminded me of the younger Webster sister from Corrie tonight!

She is so like her.:)
  • Options
    Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I think she's a little shy and awkward on stage right now, hopefully she'll relax a little. Then again Leona I never thought had much charisma or personality even, of what we saw yet after the show her performances are a lot more emotional.
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Lucie did quite well with the song given which would always be hard to match Leona's fantastic voice.