Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else watching?

She comes across as quite nice, but a bit messed up by it all

Comments

• JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am, that dad doesnt really give a shit about her does he?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No not at all - it was quite hard watching her break her heart about how it was and him be quite unmoved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Seems like a nice girl - wish her career had taken off more than it did.

What's the concept of this? Do they take their real house and redecorate it? Dpes that mean everything in it is fake/ a prop? If not how do they retrieve genuine personal items e.g the karaoke machine an VHs tapes??

Or is it the real house, exactly as it is, preserved?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea, I think they do it from pictures.

This is the first one I have watched, only watched it cos nothing else was on - and was hooked.

But it was sweet watching her talk about how she taped herself on the karoke machine and then listened to it.

But i did want to give her a cuddle when she was crying. She does seem genuinely upset that she did not have role models of strong men.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else watching?

She comes across as quite nice, but a bit messed up by it all

It seems to be a requisite of the programme that they are a bit messed up judging by previous people on there!, Boy George, and last week Michael B?, oh blimey i can't remember his name!, but i'm sure you will all know who i am talking about!, :confused:

diary_room wrote: »
    Seems like a nice girl - wish her career had taken off more than it did.

What's the concept of this? Do they take their real house and redecorate it? Dpes that mean everything in it is fake/ a prop? If not how do they retrieve genuine personal items e.g the karaoke machine an VHs tapes??

Or is it the real house, exactly as it is, preserved?

I think they just try to get it looking as near to how it looked when the person was living there, because last week, Michael said that the actual flat he had lived in had been pulled down now so they got one close by that was virtually the same, and i know i did hear one of them say one week that the stuff inside was so close to what they had had,.....
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Barrymore is the name you're looking for.

I think it was he who remarked on the sideboard, drinks on the mantle and chair that his Dad used to lamp his mother across the face.
    IIRC the sideboard and the drinks just made him 'switch' and took him back.

Haven't seen Jamelia tape it on +1.
    There always seems to be some object that hooks them and turns the clock back for them, seems to take them by surprise how well it works.

Edit: Similar effect to The Young Ones that's been on in the afternoons on BBC 1 this week.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ttrqq
  • hotpotatohotpotato Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been a lot more interesting if it had featured a celebrity, not just a member of the public.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotpotato, is that a joke? lol

Jamelia is a lovely girl, I would rather see her as a talent show judge than Cheryl Cole.
  • moongodess777moongodess777 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    No not at all - it was quite hard watching her break her heart about how it was and him be quite unmoved.

I did not find him unmoved at all he just did not want to discuss things in front of the cameras. I hope Jamelia gives him a chance to rectify things, I think deep down she wants to but she's scared.

She came across as a lovely young woman and I'm glad she has not got all luvvie and left her childhood friends behind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw this.

I thought it was really good & emotional.

We've all seen Jamelia in the music videos & interviews, and so it was nice to see her talk about her life growing up & how that's affected her. You can tell she wants a relationship with her dad but is too scared.

I really enjoyed it and thought she came across really well & pretty smart. A different side to what we see of her on quiz shows like 'Nevermind the Buzzcocks'.

P.S She's so beautiful and I adore her laugh.