Options

The Archers!

Comments

• Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    The Helen / Rob story is a slow burner but genius, the way he manipulates her is very subtle.

He's quite scary :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    And what is Kenton going to say? He has already spent a lot of his share.

Kenton's an idiot. He's splashed out on Business Class on their trip to Oz too! Even if he got the money he would waste it. Its not going to be pretty!
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David/Ruth

well you know it was coming but

1. The idea of needing to move "just" to support ruth's mum was garbage.
    2. The idea of losing several million just for a bit of sentimentality is even dafter. Surely you could just sell up and retire.

I think they will divorce over this
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David/Ruth

2. The idea of losing several million just for a bit of sentimentality is even dafter. Surely you could just sell up and retire.

Ruth is very annoying. Now I know why Pip is so annoying, she takes after her mother.:D
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Kenton's an idiot. He's splashed out on Business Class on their trip to Oz too! Even if he got the money he would waste it. Its not going to be pretty!

Not very bright at the best of times.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Idacyder wrote: »
    Ruth has always been the one to push for the move so goodness knows why she`s now bleating "but we agreed". Yes, David was weak minded to be led by her but she was so pushy about it. I used to quite like Ruth`s character until she started pushing for this move, particularly as her mother probably hasn`t got that much longer to live.

David has dealt with his about turn shittily though. He agreed very much on the basis of being there for Ruth's Mum :confused: So what has changed exactly and yet now he keeps talking to Ruth like she has to just move on because he has and just get on with things :(

I'm actually on Ruth's side :o Something I never thought I'd say.
    gomezz wrote: »
    Shula has always been a moral prig and now when put to the test she fails her own principles. I think she *did* tell the police the truth but she didn't do so without being tempted to lie which is what is chewing her up.

I intensely dislike Shula and now I have beautifully confirmed why, sanctimonious and a coward >:(
    David/Ruth

Yes so do I. It would be wonderfully evilly ironic if a divorce forced a sale of the farm anyway :D
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    David has dealt with his about turn shittily though. He agreed very much on the basis of being there for Ruth's Mum :confused: So what has changed exactly and yet now he keeps talking to Ruth like she has to just move on because he has and just get on with things :(

I'm actually on Ruth's side :o Something I never thought I'd say.

I think she was selfish in the first place, as was Heather. Uprooting an entire family just because Heather didn't want to move or go in a home. It may not have been nice for her, but it would've been the best option for the majority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Safi74 wrote: »
    I think she was selfish in the first place, as was Heather. Uprooting an entire family just because Heather didn't want to move or go in a home. It may not have been nice for her, but it would've been the best option for the majority.

Well it wasn't quite like that. It came about because the road was to go ahead and the farm split. Also her Mum was ill and never asked them to move that was a decision made by Ruth and David and the kids seemed to love the idea.

I don't blame David for not wanting to go but I do blame him for dealing with everything terribly. He has a had a change of heart but Ruth hasn't and she still has to deal with her poor Mum :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it wasn't quite like that. It came about because the road was to go ahead and the farm split. Also her Mum was ill and never asked them to move that was a decision made by Ruth and David and the kids seemed to love the idea.

I don't blame David for not wanting to go but I do blame him for dealing with everything terribly. He has a had a change of heart but Ruth hasn't and she still has to deal with her poor Mum :(

I'd forgotten about the road thing, but I still think he was coerced into the move. I'd move just to get away from Ruth and Pip banging on...and on...AND ON!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd forgotten about the road thing, but I still think he was coerced into the move. I'd move just to get away from Ruth and Pip banging on...and on...AND ON!!!!

:confused::o :D Funnily enough I can see that maybe Ruth will move say after a divorce and maybe some of the kids will go with her though I have a feeling Pip is here to stay as she is a new voice :(
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think perhaps this could split Ruth and David up. Especailly with the new editor of the Archers who seems to be a bit like Bryan Kirkwood on speed! Bring back Vanessa Whitburn. I never thought I would Say that. :o
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member

I felt a bit for Ruth too, and agree David is being a bit shitty since he changed his mind.

Charlie seemed to take it a bit personally didn’t he? :D I don't know what he had to be so cross about.

Can't believe Peggy's changed her will again, and of course she had to tell everyone >:( Rob said a bit much I thought, he'll be giving himself away if he's not careful...

Talking of the sinister one, way back I remember being a bit nervous that Helen was leaving Henry with him, but Rob did seem genuinely fond of the little chap. The other day though Rob seemed almost at the end of his tether because Henry wouldn't do as he was told. It was a relief when Helen came back :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one other thing/

is Charlie being straight with ed, or will ed find he needed a longer spoon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    one other thing/

Let's hope he gets in writing soon.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    one other thing/

I wondered that. Charlie did seem uncharacteristically flexible there.

Worried about this wild weather they're experiencing in Ambridge - what with Ruth's long drive up north and Freda dropping Jill home....

Let’s hope there are no casualties in the flooded parlour either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it, they mean the milking parlour?

I think Ruth may have an accident on the way ooop north..
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I wonder if she and Rob have something going on. It seems he hired her, and now if anyone needs to talk to her it seems to be Rob rather than Helen. Unless it's just another way of controlling Helen...

I can't tell who owns Ambridge Organics either, but I thought maybe it's part of the family farm/business, but it's Helen's part and she is totally responsible for running it. Pat seemed like she didn't really want to tread on Helen's toes (in case she starved herself again :D), but she made it pretty clear she expected Helen to do more. Rob must have been seething :D

I was wondering if she was Rob's sister .... if she had married, her surname would not be the same as his, and bringing her in to undermine the shop, to the point of closure, would be another means of controlling Helen and making her dependent on him.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm about 12 episodes behind, must catch up!
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I'm about 12 episodes behind, must catch up!

I was too, but had a spot of painting to do so just listened to the omnibus. Very relaxing.

Oh and I agree with everyone talking about how Rob and the Helen sl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tonight was soooooooo exciting! They're all DOOMED!!!
  • Options
    davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight was soooooooo exciting! They're all DOOMED!!!

Exciting? I don't even know what bluddy day it's supposed to be! A cheap out for route B for the editor & the chance for Ruth to say that "some things are more important", as Pip lies (hopefully) dying, after being electrocuted tomorrow, or is it today, or is it....Oh I don't know!
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    Has it really been raining heavily in that part of the country? Been dry as a bone round here. I am wondering if Justin whatshisname has been up to no good on the estate land causing the unusual flooding?
  • Options
    davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new low for The Archers. Is this seriously the editor's idea of good radio drama? It's confusing, shouty tripe. The only floods will be the flood of long term listeners switching off!
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    It does seem these floods are very localised in place and time.

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Borsetshire anymore."

:D
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's kicking off!! :o

SCRUUUUUFFFF