Options

Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway - starts Sat 21/2/2015 on ITV

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    It was a far better show last night than the week before.

Not sure how much of it is actullay live though. They both got changed very quickly for the End Of The Show Show and Ant got change into his Ann Hegarty outfit very fast at the beginning of the show and he had make up on too.

However ever if some bits are recorded before transmission then it doesn't matter, the End Of The Show Show was very Two Ronnie's I thought. I do hope Ronnie Corbett was watching and enjoyed it.

It reminded me of a play wot Ernie wrote.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    It was a far better show last night than the week before.

Not sure how much of it is actullay live though. They both got changed very quickly for the End Of The Show Show and Ant got change into his Ann Hegarty outfit very fast at the beginning of the show and he had make up on too.

However ever if some bits are recorded before transmission then it doesn't matter, the End Of The Show Show was very Two Ronnie's I thought. I do hope Ronnie Corbett was watching and enjoyed it.
    He would have put the Ann outfit on over his suit and someone would have done his make up at the same time which would only take a min or so.
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit with Ant's dog was pre-recorded according to someone on twitter. I can understand why that would have been done.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bit with Ant's dog was pre-recorded according to someone on twitter. I can understand why that would have been done.

That makes sense
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,841
    Forum Member

In previous series I believe the Little Ant & Dec sections on the sofa were always pre recorded due to the transmission time. If that's the case then if Little A & D pulled back the curtains for the End Of The Show Show then surely that must be pre recorded too??
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get it when people think there are pre-recorded bits??? I would understand the dog bit being pre-recorded but everything else was clearly live!
  • Options
    AlfiesmumAlfiesmum Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Richard Madeley was possibly the funniest thing I've seen in a while - more A & D's reaction to him dunking that guys shoe in the pool :D

Also the end of the show show was brilliant well done to them
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfiesmum wrote: »
    Richard Madeley was possibly the funniest thing I've seen in a while - more A & D's reaction to him dunking that guys shoe in the pool :D

Ant and Dec's reactions are always the best!! 😃 So funny!! 😃 I always love it when they crack up because then the celebrity sort of has to improvise! :p
  • Options
    sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Morecambe and Wise would have been nothing without Eddie Braben. They certainly couldn't have held a live entertainment programme together as Ant and Dec do. I always preferred The Two Ronnies to M & W as they wrote a lot of their material which I found much cleverer than anything in M & W....
    I totally agree with the above. I have never been able to see what all the fuss about Morecambe and Wise is. Their type of humour caters for very small children and people who are not very bright or don't have much of a sense of humour. Morecambe putting his glasses on upside down and doing a silly grin for example, is the type of thing a very young child would do, what on earth is funny about a grown man doing it time after time.

Ant and Dec can be juvenile at times but have so much talent compared to M & W.
    jake lyle wrote: »
    LMFAO I've heard it all now.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Possibly the daftest opinion ever posted on DS.

And that's saying quite something.

I agree with both MrBernay and Fibro. I can't see why Morecambe and Wise are held in such high regard - performing someone else's material is hardly what I'd call a talent. I can only think that it must be because there wasn't so many choices of programmes or so called 'stars' about as now they managed to get lucky.

Ant & Dec on the other hand have a completely different set of skills of M&W with their beginnings in acting and pop career (ok - the music wasn't great but it's still a talent - and they do have songwriting credits - M&W don't have that!).
    Their ability to adapt to break out from Children's TV into more mainstream 'grown-up' telly is something not many presenters can do (I'm looking at you Mulhern, Matt Baker, Konnie Huq etc!)
    Holding a live show together is a talent and skill especially with the talkback ear pieces and holding things together when things go wrong.
    All the challenges they've had to face on Takeaway must be a talent as well.

So to say they're useless compared to M&W is utter rubbish. Ant and Dec have far more versatility, skills and talent than Morecambe and Wise ever had. Long may they continue!
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfiesmum wrote: »

I just rewatched the Richard Madeley segment on YouTube and it had me in stitches again. The shoe in the water and Dec's reaction is absolutely hilarious. As well as the bit where Richard was serving on the tennis court and shouted "SURFING THE WORLD WIDE WEB!!!" :D. So funny. The Get Out of Me Ear segment is definitely my favourite part of the show.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    It reminded me of a play wot Ernie wrote.
    Agreed:D

We'd gone of Takeaway a bit but watched this yesterday after reading some of the comments on here. Very funny, perfect Saturday Night show, loved the The Disgrace especially. Tony Hadley's cravat thing was awful though
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On now :)
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    This woman's laugh is a tad annoying...
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Kym's glasses. :kitty:
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob Bryan is about has funny as pile on your nose
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice twist there with Dec
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Ro Bryan is about has funny as pile on your nose

If you're going to have a pop, at least get it right. Its Rob Brydon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Well, hello Neal French. I can see why he was a regular fixture in her diary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    If you're going to have a pop, at least get it right. Its Rob Brydon.
    I really don't care what his name is
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, hello Neal French. I can see why he was a regular fixture in her diary.

He's trending on twitter now, I can see why!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't care what his name is

Do you actually enjoy watching anything? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you actually enjoy watching anything? :D

not much but i love a moan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    not much but i love a moan :D

Really? We would never know. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mike is always on SNT!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Her hair looks awful. It has a hint of green.