Help the UK Pirate Party write its 2015 election manifesto

TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
Forum Member
✭✭
http://boingboing.net/2015/03/02/help-the-uk-pirate-party-write.html
We've been proud to run on British politics' first crowd sourced manifesto. And of course it's time to update and upgrade. This process will run until the 21st of March online and offline and will allow the party to make sure our positions are up to date, and up to scratch for the General Election. To get it right, we need your help:

You can tell us about your ideas, and discuss it publicly on community.pirateparty.org.uk or join the discussion on reddit.

So jump in and share what you want to see happen. It doesn't need to read like a government document, it just needs to be clear what you want to see happen.

The last time we did this thousands of people (members of the party and otherwise) took us from a single-issue party into one with a broad, sensible manifesto, covering a whole range of areas - from the NHS to Education, from Justice to Civil Liberties, from Social Policy to the EU and many areas inbetween

The only party that is actively trying to engage the disaffected voter.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somewhere high upon the agenda - Every single MP for the last 3 decades to be investigated for Fraud, Treason and Criminal Negligence with Prosecution in all cases where possible.

A plank could be erected on the terrace at Westminster and the miscreants could be forced off it and into the Thames where they belong.

The sale of grandstand seats and world wide television rights would fund the Pirate Party nicely for the first few years of its rule.

Arrrrrrrrr.................
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinistra wrote: »
    Somewhere high upon the agenda - Every single MP for the last 3 decades to be investigated for Fraud, Treason and Criminal Negligence with Prosecution in all cases where possible.

A plank could be erected on the terrace at Westminster and the miscreants could be forced off it and into the Thames where they belong.

The sale of grandstand seats and world wide television rights would fund the Pirate Party nicely for the first few years of its rule.

How is this helpful?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is this helpful?
    Hmmm ............. politicians with no sense of humour? Okay ........... I'm out.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    http://boingboing.net/2015/03/02/help-the-uk-pirate-party-write.html

The only party that is actively trying to engage the disaffected voter.
    Real pirates to be granted asylum in the UK and given a massive house and enough benefits to keep a family of 20 in luxury.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm ............. politicians with no sense of humour? Okay ........... I'm out.

So you won't be voting at all then?
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benefits policy...no-one to receive more than 2 pieces of eight

Immigration policy...no more parrots to enter the UK

Sex Education Policy...boys to be issued with pics of Kiera Knightly & box of tissues, girls to be issued pics of johnny Depp & Orlando Bloom labelled "androgynous"

Health Policy...all artificial limbs to be made of wood or with hooks on the end

Economic Growth Policy...chests of treasure to be buried all over the country and everyone aged over 18 issued with a spade.

Alcohol Policy...ban on all drinks except rum and paid for using the new currency...the Yo Ho Ho

Youth Employment Policy...compulsory cabin boy and serving wench apprenticeships for all school leaver
  • Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real pirates to be granted asylum in the UK and given a massive house and enough benefits to keep a family of 20 in luxury.

Sounds like a Green policy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you won't be voting at all then?
    On the contrary .................... as a disaffected voter whilst you first post piqued my interest in an alternative party I had not heard of, your subsequent posts kind of killed that interest. Good Luck with your campaign tho' ............. :)
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a Green policy.

It shows how little you know about the Greens.
    1. Criminality would get properly punished
    2. There would be no need for asylum as every country in the world would be free from persecution and therefore migration unnecessary
    3. There would be enough jobs for everyone so benefits would not be necessary for anyone apart from those unable to work
    4. Due to better economic stability, family sizes would be much smaller
  • Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like it...

"Wholly unacceptable levels of men, women and children are currently imprisoned at great cost to their future rehabilitation, as well as to their families, the taxpayer and society in general. The Green Party is therefore committed to significantly reducing the prison population. To that end, a range of measures will be used, including changes to sentencing policy and practice. Courts will have a duty to reduce use of custodial sentencing in favour of community sentencing."
  • Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    2. There would be no need for asylum as every country in the world would be free from persecution and therefore migration unnecessary
    3. There would be enough jobs for everyone so benefits would not be necessary for anyone apart from those unable to work
    4. Due to better economic stability, family sizes would be much smaller
    Please tell me how a UK government led by the Green Party would a) free every country in the world from persecution and b) create enough jobs for everyone.

I've got an extra big mug of coffee and a packet of Hob Nobs, so feel free to take your time.

However, out of respect to the OP please post your answer in that existing 30+ page train wreck of a thread about the Green Party rather than derail this one any further.
    Forum Member
    Clarisse76 wrote: »
    Please tell me how a UK government led by the Green Party would a) free every country in the world from persecution and b) create enough jobs for everyone.

I've got an extra big mug of coffee and a packet of Hob Nobs, so feel free to take your time.

However, out of respect to the OP please post your answer in that existing 30+ page train wreck of a thread about the Green Party rather than derail this one any further.
    It wasn't me that derailed it mum!:cry: It was that nasty Gregory:cry:
    The quick answer (you can only nibble the edge of a hob nob, sorry) is that these policies are not instant fixes.

Now, what are your suggested pirate friendly policies?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the contrary .................... as a disaffected voter whilst you first post piqued my interest in an alternative party I had not heard of, your subsequent posts kind of killed that interest. Good Luck with your campaign tho' ............. :)

Why? I'm not a member of the Pirate Party :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you. This is about the Pirate Party crowd sourcing their manifesto.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't me that derailed it mum!:cry: It was that nasty Gregory:cry:
    The quick answer (you can only nibble the edge of a hob nob, sorry) is that these policies are not instant fixes.

Now, what are your suggested pirate friendly policies?

Here's existing policy to get the old juices flowing

https://www.pirateparty.org.uk/policy
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. This is about the Pirate Party crowd sourcing their manifesto.

Ready written one for them here:

https://www.pirateparty.ca/about/our-manifesto/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John146 wrote: »
    Ready written one for them here:

https://www.pirateparty.ca/about/our-manifesto/

A lot of what is in there will be applicable but the UK iteration of the party needs a UK specific manifesto.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's existing policy to get the old juices flowing

https://www.pirateparty.org.uk/policy

Blimey. It's pretty white male, innit?

Enough to give Abbott and Harperson palpitations.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Who on earth are the UK Pirate party? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who on earth are the UK Pirate party? :confused:

Go to their website that I posted and find out :p

The upshot is that they are neither a 'left' nor 'right' wing political party because they realise that the whole left V right concept is flawed.

I would say they are a good deal more libertarian than UKIP who often get misrepresented as libertarian.
  • Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    Go to their website that I posted and find out :p

The upshot is that they are neither a 'left' nor 'right' wing political party because they realise that the whole left V right concept is flawed.

I would say they are a good deal more libertarian than UKIP who often get misrepresented as libertarian.
    Their policies regarding civil liberties certainly knock those of other parties into a cocked hat.

Scanning through their manifesto, the only fly in the ointment I've seen so far is the citizen's income, I don't think a one size fits all approach to benefits is practical. However I'll read it properly later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their policies regarding civil liberties certainly knock those of other parties into a cocked hat.

Scanning through their manifesto, the only fly in the ointment I've seen so far is the citizen's income, I don't think a one size fits all approach to benefits is practical. However I'll read it properly later.

I actually think a form of citizen's income is something that needs to be discussed at the very least. It has got backing from surprising quarters too, including a well known free market think tank whose name seems to be taboo on here.

I don't agree with everything the Pirate Party stand for but I do agree with a lot of it.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can we do the same for Bankers and any other corporate types that commit fraud and then walk away scot free? Can we also make lobbying illegal and any politician who has a vested interest in a particular industry is banned from a related post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    Can we do the same for Bankers and any other corporate types that commit fraud and then walk away scot free? Can we also make lobbying illegal and any politician who has a vested interest in a particular industry is banned from a related post.
    Gets my vote ................. :)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrrrrrrr The Pirate Party will give ye people of Britain & Northern Ireland eh referendum on Europe and ensure ye NHS is safe and secure arrrr

join and vote me crew, de UK Pirate Party arrrr