Options

Pantomime Eastenders

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
Forum Member
Eastenders last night was like watching a bad pantomime. With the contant referral to a “nice family dinner” I was half expecting Peggy to wink at the camera. Thanks goodness Aunt Sal saved what would have been a pretty rubbish episode. Also why was Mercy standing outside for ages watching Harry and Max wearing just a towel????? That was too bizarre!

Comments

• Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised she managed to keep the towel up for that long! ;):D
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    I'm sick and tired of Peggy now. She's got the Vic, it's going to be burned down, she's going to leave, devastated because there's no more bloody Vic. The end.

The only way I'd gain some interest is if it was HER who for some reason set the fire, (maybe a suicide plot?) or if it was somebody trying to murder her - can't see either happening.

The fire will be an accident and she'll be trapped. She'll get ill, too ill to run the Vic - or something about not getting the insurance.
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aunt Sal saved what was a poor episode.

I think the only show that can do good pantomine comedy is Coronation Street.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Corrie certainly do better comedy. They have a much more talented pool of actors, many of whom are older cast members, to draw from. Norris, Rita, Jack, Pam and even Emily are brilliant to watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Even though the queen of comedy, Blanche, is no longer in corrie, they still do it better. Norris, Steve McDonald, Dev (although he is only funny cos of his dire acting), and even Auntie Pam (where is she by the way?)
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jellyhead wrote: »
    Corrie certainly do better comedy. They have a much more talented pool of actors, many of whom are older cast members, to draw from. Norris, Rita, Jack, Pam and even Emily are brilliant to watch.

Agreed, even Gail and Deirdre were funny last Friday!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick and tired of Peggy now. She's got the Vic, it's going to be burned down, she's going to leave, devastated because there's no more bloody Vic. The end.

The only way I'd gain some interest is if it was HER who for some reason set the fire, (maybe a suicide plot?) or if it was somebody trying to murder her - can't see either happening.

The fire will be an accident and she'll be trapped. She'll get ill, too ill to run the Vic - or something about not getting the insurance.

....and she will probably return by 2012, and somehow regain the Vic yet again:yawn:
  • Options
    GabriellaGabriella Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where was Buttons? I love him.
  • Options
    sbuggsbugg Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I'm surprised she managed to keep the towel up for that long! ;):D

I was just thankful she did.