Forum Member
✭✭
Well what's the verdict? I LOVED it!!:D

Comments

• Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laugh out loud funny, loved the Steve Coogan character and the crappy 90s styles
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Been lookingsince the show ended for a thread about Moone Boy. I loved it thought it was very funny, Cant wait for next Friday.:D

Now wondering how long before somebody comes on and says its crap :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MadlySaneMadlySane Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this, especially the dads meeting up for poker, fishing and charades!
    Was great to see another comedy hero of mine, Steve Coogan playing a slimy character.
    Original and quirky and looking forward to the next episode
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didnt like it not very funny i may try the third episode just to see if it gets better
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some great parts! :D

I loved the retro Street Fighter esq sounds for the fight in the first episode! :D:D
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't see it last night but i did record both episodes.I'll give it a watch later on.
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loved the banjo scene.
    "....the only thing youre going to feel is my STRUMM up your STRUMM ing hole !..."
  • Options
    Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tuned in not expecting much but as Sky had been almost begging us to watch thought I'd give it a go.

LIked it a lot, some very funny moments, good characters and a great script.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminded me in a roundabout way of Father Ted, (even having Eoin McLove init as well! :D), I will be putting this down to watch again in the future! :D
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Been lookingsince the show ended for a thread about Moone Boy. I loved it thought it was very funny, Cant wait for next Friday.:D

Now wondering how long before somebody comes on and says its crap :rolleyes:

It's crap.

No, actually, I thought it rather good and will watch it again.

Some really good music as well, although not too sure some references were a little early for a setting of 1989?
  • Options
    Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminded me in a roundabout way of Father Ted, (even having Eoin McLove init as well! :D), I will be putting this down to watch again in the future! :D

I said that to the wife and also shouted at the telly " look, it's Eoin McLove". :D
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. Found it really funny, and it also made me feel nostalgic for the 1980s/90s Ireland of my childhood. Plus, as others have said, it had Eoin McLove in it!
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it

Great writing and very very dry
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed it, but was very tempted by the ads. I hope it's on Sky Go!
  • Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miah1976 wrote: »
    Well what's the verdict? I LOVED it!!:D

Have'nt seen it yet but interested in it. Its funny but when ever i see Chris O'Dowd i think of his character in the RTE drama Showbands where he played such big headed git along side Liam Cunningham and wait for it Kerry Katona.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said that to the wife and also shouted at the telly " look, it's Eoin McLove". :D

"I can have you killed!" :D:D

This is a great show, so many good parts, that you don't quite get first time round, but then on a second and third watch make sense, and make the show even funnier! :D
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Watching it again on catch up its even funnier. My grand daughters watching it she thinks its funny shes 6 lol.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it - will definitely be tuning in next week, loving Trollied aswell so a good comedy hour for Sky at last
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Martin, that child is eating a homemade wagon wheel!"

It is very funny, love Chris O'Dowd he wrote it too, loads of great Irish actors in it, and Steve Coogan was brill as Francie..I hope the UK folk find it funny though, it's so Irish.
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say I just didn't get it, just not my kind of comedy, love Chris O'Dawd, thought it might be funny with him but I don't think its for me.
  • Options
    fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was laugh out loud funny in places. I love Chris O'Dowd but he is being outshone in this by the kid. I loved the dads non social life. Steve Coogan was replusivly fantastic. His teeth gave me the creeps. Yep it reminds me of Father Ted too ( no bad thing )
    This is going straight on series record.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it! :D Yes, I got the Father Ted type vibe too.

Mrs.Brown's Boys is massive in the UK, so I cannot see why this shouldn't be a hit.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so miffed that I'd missed it, especially after the good reviews here. Timed it perfectly channel hoping last night & caught it from the start on Sky2.

So glad I did - it is really funny and so sweet. Loved it:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    First episode excellent unfortunately the second I struggled with

Slight thumbs up see what next episode brings
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it!

If the quality of the writing holds up, this could be a comedy classic in the making.