Defiance (360/PS3/PC)

12345679»

Comments

• ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't played the game in a while now. loaned it to my eldest son and he's not to sure whether he likes it or not.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone had a problem with damage totals not showing up at the end of Arkfalls or co-op missions?
    It shows my kills and revives and the occasional death but no damage total. (and before you ask I am doing a lot of damage (i turned on the damage numbers to see exactly how much)) Did send in a ticket just to ask Trion if it was a bug.

I know it's unimportant in the grand scheme of the game but I like seeing my name at the top of the scoreboards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Anyone had a problem with damage totals not showing up at the end of Arkfalls or co-op missions?
    It shows my kills and revives and the occasional death but no damage total. (and before you ask I am doing a lot of damage (i turned on the damage numbers to see exactly how much)) Did send in a ticket just to ask Trion if it was a bug.

I know it's unimportant in the grand scheme of the game but I like seeing my name at the top of the scoreboards.

I've been in co op maps where at the end it's shown my damage done as 0 ... it's funny more than anything else as you rightly pointed out annoying yes but it doesn't harm anything
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first piece of dlc was revealed a week ago, what does everyone think?

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/09/you-just-keep-coming-back-for-more-but-now-what-lets-talk-potential/
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't played this since finishing the tutorial...
  • benjammin316benjammin316 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Add me in the clan if it's still going - gamertag is DOCTOR BUTTOCKS
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Anyone still playing?

Broke the disk out yesterday and got the many (many) updates to this that have come along since I last played.

Looks like the game has had a few graphical and interface polishes since I was last on. Loads of new stuff has been added too.

Not sure there are many still playing it though - didn't get a chance to go to an Arkfall, but from what I could see, there didn't seem to be a lot of purple dots on the mini-map
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its Free to play now, right? TV series totally passed me by. is there a way of catching up?
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about this game the other week. Must be over a year since I was last on and I never finished the game. I dread the the update proceedure though. It'll probably take all day, I've been away that long.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    its Free to play now, right? TV series totally passed me by. is there a way of catching up?

Yeah it's always been free to play (on PS3).

TV series was on SyFy, not sure if you can get on demand. I watched Series 1 all the way through, but in my opinion it was average at best and frequently felt like a low budget production. Didn't really have any depth, which is a shame given the great concept.

I finished the campaign element of the game and played a fair bit of multiplayer too. My comments re the show could equally apply to the game. To be fair I haven't played the game since summer last year, so it may have improved since then though.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    Yeah it's always been free to play (on PS3).

It was meant to go free to play on PS3 on July 15 but that never happen, I still don't think it is F2P on PS3.

As far as I am aware it is only F2P on PC at the moment.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    It was meant to go free to play on PS3 on July 15 but that never happen, I still don't think it is F2P on PS3.

As far as I am aware it is only F2P on PC at the moment.

I'm confused - Last year I never paid a subscription to play this on PS3. I didn't even have a PS+ subscription at the time. Only thing I ever paid for on this was the original hard copy of the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    I'm confused - Last year I never paid a subscription to play this on PS3. I didn't even have a PS+ subscription at the time. Only thing I ever paid for on this was the original hard copy of the game.

The game launched as a subscription free MMO which is what I guess you meant by free to play.

However the game has become a free to play game on PC (And should on PS3 and 360 soon) which means you will be able to download it for free and play it completely free.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This game is £4 in Morrisons, Brink is £3
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    The game launched as a subscription free MMO which is what I guess you meant by free to play.

However the game has become a free to play game on PC (And should on PS3 and 360 soon) which means you will be able to download it for free and play it completely free.

I noticed that the 360 version says it is free to play when the updates finished - So I assume it must now be possible to DL for nothing from the Xbox Live Game tab.

Aside from the odd ropey special effect, I though series 1 of the TV show was ok, quite liked how stuff from the TV episodes made it into the weekly mission updates for the game.

One thing I did notice when I played the other day was that the giant robot guarding the Golden Gate bridge is now gone - so San Francisco is now open to me, where it wasn't before. Think I'll start working my way through the rest of the story based missions (and side missions).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed that the 360 version says it is free to play when the updates finished - So I assume it must now be possible to DL for nothing from the Xbox Live Game tab.

The PS3 version was called free to play in early July when my mate was playing it. I was going to give it ago with it been free and him playing it but it was never actually free. As far as I am aware its still not actually free to download yet on either system. But then I haven't actually looked since my friend stop playing a short while ago.