Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
Forum Member
A first glimpse of in game character model has been revealed by Sledgehammer for this year's installment of COD

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/22/call-of-duty-2014-first-image-revealed

After being in development for 3 years, it had better be good! I have high hopes for this game as MW3 was the last game in the series I enjoyed and it too was developed by Sledgehammer.

With it being designed for the new gen of consoles, we'll hopefully see some progress in the right direction for the series that has been in steady decline over the past couple of years.

Fingers crossed it's going to be MW4!

Comments

• homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Multiplayer will stlll suck though
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    It's hard to get excited for this game.

It's great that they're focusing on next gen consoles but it's just a picture of a face. That's not how the game will look.

But even if it does look good, they need to do something different. I don't know what, but a tiny change to the formula would be well appreciated.

Anyway this will sell by the bucketload.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Multiplayer will stlll suck though

... and the single player ;)
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    ... and the single player ;)
    I generally enjoy the COD SP campaigns & have played them all apart from Ghosts.

OK there not usually all that in-depth storywise & nor do they tend to have a memorable story etc... But I still find them to be fun for a play through & they usually keep me generally entertained while Im playing them.

Sometimes I want to dive into a big story driven game like Uncharted & at other times I just want to go for a quick pick up & play to have a bit of fun & thats what I usually find COD SP to be.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot are going to be very wary of this after ghosts. No doubt will sell but I'll rent it first. Hard for me to see past battlefield though and that's despite its own flaws.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    ^^ Tbf we've said that after MW3 and BlOps2 as well but the next games did ok sales-wise. Although you're right, it will be interesting to see how this one fares given how absolutely woeful Ghosts has been.

As usual it will live or it will die based on the MP - for the life of me I can't remember which part of MW3 they did. Think Raven did the DLC, which would mean SH either had SP or MP?

Either way, good that it's had a 3 year development cycle, and even better that IW are nowhere near it. Hopefully the longer development cycle will benefit 3arc as well - WaW and BlOps were great but BlOps2 was very underwhelming IMO.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghosts campaign was terrible, second only to CoD 3. Sledgehammer will have to try really hard to beat that in naffness.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like COD Black ops 2 and I just sold Ghosts as it was just total shite.

However after Ghosts it's hard to fell any excitement for anymore COD games unless its amazingly better with new gameplay elements (other than Dogs FFS!!) and a huge overhaul over previous games.

Think I'm out this year for the newest COD rehash.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Definitely, won't be on pre-order this year.

I will want to hear good reviews and friends saying its fun before i touch this.

Keep trying to play multiplayer, but after one or two game I have to switch off - it's like they've made COD aversion therapy.
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish Treyarch was releasing it.

Ghosts was one of the worst CoDs ever. Boring campaign, crappy multiplayer with boring maps. I went from clocking 10 days in Black Ops online to having a total time played of 4 hours in Ghosts multiplayer.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I generally enjoy the COD SP campaigns & have played them all apart from Ghosts.

OK there not usually all that in-depth storywise & nor do they tend to have a memorable story etc... But I still find them to be fun for a play through & they usually keep me generally entertained while Im playing them.

Sometimes I want to dive into a big story driven game like Uncharted & at other times I just want to go for a quick pick up & play to have a bit of fun & thats what I usually find COD SP to be.

Ghosts' SP was *awful*... even worse than Battlefield 4's, IMO.

If the SP for MW1 was the videogame equivalent of a Michael Bay action blockbuster, then the SP for Ghosts was more like the videogame equivalent of Battleship, or perhaps one of those Asylum "mockbusters".
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Hey I though Battleship was all right.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    The image is very similar to Sergeant Foley who was in MW2, so maybe it will be MW4 after all. http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120119015635/callofduty/images/thumb/2/2d/Foley_S.S.D.D._MW2.png/300px-Foley_S.S.D.D._MW2.png

Activation may have it set up so Sledgehammer do the MW games, Treyarch do the Blops games and IW do the Ghost games
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Activation may have it set up so Sledgehammer do the MW games, Treyarch do the Blops games and IW do the Ghost games

That's a good idea that could only then be topped by Activision cancelling the Ghosts series.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A return to modern warfare would be good. I still play modern 2/3 from time to time (cant get CoD 4 MP to work now) but 2 and 3 are still miles better than the shit pile that's Ghosts.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new game will be revealed on May 4th.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still play MW3 a lot tbh so if this is a continuation then i'll be pleased. All my main PS friends will be getting a PS4 by November so I think we'll be getting this, as long as its MW3 standard then i'm good. Didn't even bother with Ghosts.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like that guy who leaked MW4 was right, though don't get the reason for calling it MW4 of its set in the future
    Forum Member
    The trailer etc have been released early. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/02/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer-and-details-leaked

I've asked admin to change name of thread to reflect this
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks very similar to titalfall. Wonder if those recon grenades will light up enemies who are using that invisible stealth cloak thing.

Be interested to see how many people are still on ghosts when this comes out, probably only whoever doesn't have advanced warfare.
    Forum Member
    Looks very similar to titalfall. Wonder if those recon grenades will light up enemies who are using that invisible stealth cloak thing.

Be interested to see how many people are still on ghosts when this comes out, probably only whoever doesn't have advanced warfare.

Yeah, I noticed the part where one guy had sticky gloves on to run up a building and where one looked like they were inside a mech
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a blend of Black Ops 2 and Titanfall which is perfect for me as BO2 was one of my favorite CoD games and Titanfall is one of the best online games i've played

Roll on this years CoD

Also i guess the trailer puts to rest the rumors (or at least the question that was posed on a new pack attack) as its pretty much confirmed they'll be going with X1 as the lead for DLC again, otherwise why start your trailer with XBOX one
    Forum Member
    BlOps2 is still the only CoD SP campaign that I've never finished. In the opening couple of missions you had the 'bat suit', the 'Harry Potter invisibility shroud' and the 'mini AT-AT walker'. That was pushing the limits for me on the use of future tech. Went further than I was comfortable with tbh.

Watching the trailer, I guess it shouldn't really come as too much of a surprise. The advanced warfare moniker was registered a couple of years ago, along with future warfare, so we've always known that they'd be heading in this direction eventually, and I guess the buzz around Titanfall has encouraged them even more to try and grab a slice of that pie.

That being said, I'm really not overly keen on the future slant. When they moved from WWII to the modern era it was high time. I don't get that feeling at all with the move to advanced or futuristic. If anything it's going to play into the things that I dislike about the series now - the over complication, and the emphasis on kill streaks, perks, attachments etc.

It's early days in the PR cycle, but this is a worrying first sign for me. Titanfall is a good FPS, but it's not a CoD killer, and I was actually looking forward to CoD again this year, despite the Ghosts debacle. Seeing, and hearing this, I'm foreseeing another barren year for me as far as FPS goes. :(
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A return to modern warfare would be good. I still play modern 2/3 from time to time (cant get CoD 4 MP to work now) but 2 and 3 are still miles better than the shit pile that's Ghosts.

The CoD series has been slowly going downhill since CoD4:MW. That game was just perfect.

Going all futuristic is a rubbish idea.