Options

Worthy 'Legend Slot' Performers at Glasto

12346»

Comments

• Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Kylie would work. I think she's too pop and too commercial and I don't think she fits the 'legend' status either. I know she's been around for years, but I just can't see it working.
    I don't think her being too pop and too commercial matters. Not after Beyonce headlining.

Kylie was confirmed to headline back in 2005 but had to pull out because of her illness so I'd like to see her headline in 2015. :cool: Wishful thinking, I know.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    I don't think her being too pop and too commercial matters. Not after Beyonce headlining.

Kylie was confirmed to headline back in 2005 but had to pull out because of her illness so I'd like to see her headline in 2015. :cool: Wishful thinking, I know.

But Beyonce is more pop/RnB and can literally come on stage with just her and her band. I can't see Kylie being able to captivate an audience for 2 hours with no costume changes.
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Kylie would work. I think she's too pop and too commercial and I don't think she fits the 'legend' status either. I know she's been around for years, but I just can't see it working.

i think she could headline and she would go down well. as well as her normal shows that are very visual, she's done a back to basics tour just wearing jeans or whatever and standing singing the songs and doing rarer numbers, and she did the orchestral gig (dunno if she toured it) that was on telly with no costume changes. at glastonbury people are more interested in the music
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »

Where as i would like to see the WHO headline in 2014/2015 they are going back out on the road again on an extended farewell tour after 50 years together,i think they would be far more fitting at glastonbury as headliners.

Other acts if not possible.

Judas Priest (new cd out this month),

Black Sabbath., Whitesnake,Foo Fighters,Deep Purple,:)
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where as i would like to see the WHO headline in 2014/2015 they are going back out on the road again on an extended farewell tour after 50 years together,i think they would be far more fitting at glastonbury as headliners.

Other acts if not possible.

Judas Priest (new cd out this month),

Black Sabbath., Whitesnake,Foo Fighters,Deep Purple,:)

the who would be a good headliner, but you can still have kylie too. each year there are 3 headliners of the main stage, so having 3 quite different acts would be good
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unique wrote: »
    the who would be a good headliner, but you can still have kylie too. each year there are 3 headliners of the main stage, so having 3 quite different acts would be good

Yes i could see that working quite well.;-)