Annie Lennox

The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just seen her on some 'Best of Britain' show and Man, she is a beautiful lady.. She looks natural, she has aged 'properly', clearly hasn't had any botox, but looks stunning for it - she actually has expressions and character. An example to all methinks:)

Comments

• alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too right. Th lady has class, talent and taste. No tacky plastic surgery for her.
    Alan
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the few outstanding pop stars from the 80's, a timeless voice and superb professionalism in everything I have heard to date.

Just bought Totally Diva today from a local charity shop, will watch it tomorrow.
  • dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen her on some 'Best of Britain' show and Man, she is a beautiful lady.. She looks natural, she has aged 'properly', clearly hasn't had any botox, but looks stunning for it - she actually has expressions and character. An example to all methinks:)

Prue, Gorgeous Annie,fabulous to look at and a wonderful singer.So true:)

Just to add as well! Ageless beauty!
  • Ja'mie KingJa'mie King Posts: 8,445
    Forum Member
    Got to agree with you all. And not an OK exclusive in sight....

:)
  • GirlfromEireannGirlfromEireann Posts: 4,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is elegant and graceful, IMO and she is very passionate about everything she does - be it music or charity. A lady that deserves ALOT of respect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This lady is timeless, her voice is timeless! There is not many female artists you can really like but she is one of them,respected by all! CLASS with a Capital C:):)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Indeed Dolly. She knocks spots off other female artistes - no gimmicks, just raw talent.
  • GirlfromEireannGirlfromEireann Posts: 4,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Indeed Dolly. She knocks spots off other female artistes - no gimmicks, just raw talent.

I agree. Although I can't say I know an awful lot about her music, I like the fact as well that she doesn't feel the need to be on every television show plugging this single, or that album. Her longevity in the business is probably due, in part, to the fact that she hasn't been killed by the bug that so many singers and entertainers are afflicted by these days - OVEREXPOSURE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Although I can't say I know an awful lot about her music, I like the fact as well that she doesn't feel the need to be on every television show plugging this single, or that album. Her longevity in the business is probably due, in part, to the fact that she hasn't been killed by the bug that so many singers and entertainers are afflicted by these days - OVEREXPOSURE.

Likewise Kate Bush - now theres style
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Annie has always been beautiful (inside and out), and she is one of those rare people who it is difficult to find anything bad to say about.

I will add Sade and Kate Bush to that small but perfect list!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Annie is so beautiful, she looks like my mum, when she was alive, especially from the tourists days.
    and her voice is amazing.
    didn't watch "best of britain" but wanted to appreciate the legend that is Annie Lennox.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of her musically but have to agree with her class and ageing with grace. I always thought she was beautiful even as far back as The Tourists (now that ages me). An unconventional beauty but all the better for it.

Why can't these plastic faced, over botoxed freaks look at people like her and see how much better growing old with grace looks? It's beyond me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Likewise Kate Bush - now theres style

Annie Lennox, Kate Bush = class.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I've always liked here, she was the castaway on Desert Island Discs a week or so back and seemed lovely and very down to earth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annie id forever greatful and pleasant - Beethoven (Eurythmics song) is one of the best videos ever as is her video The Gift where she just stands in Venice with a mask on. Remmeber back in 1986 when she won Best Female at the Brits and said Kate Bush deserved to win for Hounds of Love. Diva is still being played and its still good some shocking 16 years later!
  • Vince JVince J Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Annie's voice. My mum loves her music so I'm familiar with a lot of it. I was really disappointed to hear she was dropped from her record label last year, it's not right.

I admire her for her charity work also. Great woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vince J wrote: »
    I love Annie's voice. My mum loves her music so I'm familiar with a lot of it. I was really disappointed to hear she was dropped from her record label last year, it's not right.

I admire her for her charity work also. Great woman.

she wasnt dropped - her contract ended.
  • pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

beautiful in an ugly man kind of way
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    No, beautiful in a 'beautiful woman' kind of way.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    She has the most beautiful eyes and the most amazing voice.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just bought Totally Diva today from a local charity shop, will watch it tomorrow.

you will not be disaapointed CH :D
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completley OT, but why has Pru been banned? :confused:
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Pavement Cracks! My best song at the moment oh and Dark Road!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completley OT, but why has Pru been banned? :confused:

:eek::eek: Unbelievable..:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree about Aniie Lennox - she's class personified.

Why's Pru been banned :cry: I love her posts.